Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Attack on Titan (OADs via Kodansha Comics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Attack on Titan (OADs via Kodansha Comics)

Widgets Magazine
    Attack on Titan - OFFICIAL English Subtitled Trailer

EDIT: Attack on Titan - OFFICIAL English Subtitled Trailer 2
    EDIT 2: Attack on Titan - OFFICIAL English Subtitled OP
    Attack on Titan - OFFICIAL English Subtitled ED

via FUNimation.com
    Attack on Titan Episode One Available Now for FUNimation Elite Video Subscribers
    Friday April 12, 2013 at 04:00 pm

April 12, 2013 – FLOWER MOUND, TX – FUNimation Entertainment announced today that it has acquired the SVOD rights for the highly anticipated anime series -- Attack on Titan. The 25 episode post-apocalyptic series is directed by Tetsuro Araki (Guilty Crown and Highschool of the Dead) and from the studio behind the Ghost in the Shell series (Production I.G.)

synopsis:
    From the director of Death Note comes the bone-crunching Attack on Titan.

Many years ago, the last remnants of humanity were forced to retreat behind the towering walls of a fortified city to escape the massive, man-eating Titans that roamed the land outside their fortress. Only the heroic members of the Scouting Legion dared to stray beyond the safety of the walls – but even those brave warriors seldom returned alive. Those within the city clung to the illusion of a peaceful existence until the day that dream was shattered, and their slim chance at survival was reduced to one horrifying choice: kill – or be devoured!

Episode one of Attack on Titan is now available now for FUNimation's Elite Video Subscribers. Click here to watch.

Check http://FUNimation.com/news for more information coming soon. To sign up for your free 14-day trial membership go to http://funimation.com/subscribe
    Last edited by WTK; 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM.

Re: FUNimation licenses Attack on Titan

As expected, it's through Kodansha. It's delivery method is subscription video on demand...that's interesting and unexpected.

Comment

Guess I can cross this off my list. Not interested in subscribing to FUNi's site - I already have subscriptions to Crunchyroll and TAN and I don't want to stretch my budget anymore with all of the other expenses I have to deal with every month.
      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Interesting to see it restricted to EVS members. The first episode is up, but they don't mention when the episodes will go up, do they? I sure hope they do a real simulcast, if they're going to require you pay to see them.
        Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 04-12-2013, 06:25 PM.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Excited, though hope its a true simulcast as well. I guess Im one of the few with a funisub :/
          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            Interesting to see if restricted to EVS members. The first episode is up, but they don't mention with the episodes will go up, do they? I sure hope they do a real simulcast, if they're going to require you pay to see them.
            They only mentioned SVOD rights. So unless they posted a typo (not likely) or acquire additional rights (streaming overall), the episodes will relegate to EVS members only.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              Interesting to see it restricted to EVS members. The first episode is up, but they don't mention when the episodes will go up, do they? I sure hope they do a real simulcast, if they're going to require you pay to see them.
              They only mentioned SVOD rights. So unless they posted a typo (not likely) or acquire additional rights (streaming overall), the episodes will relegate to EVS members only.
              I got that they're EVS-only; I meant what day each episode would go up.
              Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 04-12-2013, 06:25 PM.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I got that they're EVS-only; I meant what day each episode would go up.
                I see what you mean now. I guess the "more information coming soon" blurb is all we know. The main simulcast page (http://www.funimation.com/videos/simulcast-shows) doesn't list it at the moment.

Comment

I see what you mean now. I guess the "more information coming soon" blurb is all we know. The main simulcast page (http://www.funimation.com/videos/simulcast-shows) doesn't list it at the moment.
                  Attack on Titan is listed there?
                  AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to bother subscribing right now. I may subscribe for a month at some point to comb through FUNi's streaming site and might get to watching the series then.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                      It shows up for me.

First row (left to right): Hetalia, One Piece, Toriko, A Certain Scientific Railgun. Second row (left to right): Karneval, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Date A Live, Attack on Titan. Third row: Red Data Girl.

Who knows, FUNimation.com can do strange things. Maybe this is one of them...

Comment

It shows up for me.

First row (left to right): Hetalia, One Piece, Toriko, A Certain Scientific Railgun. Second row (left to right): Karneval, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Date A Live, Attack on Titan. Third row: Red Data Girl.

Question: Are either of you subscribed? I've heard elsewhere the icon only shows up for subscribers. It doesn't for me and I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                          It shows up for me.

Question: Are either of you subscribed? I've heard elsewhere the icon only shows up for subscribers. It doesn't for me and I'm not.
                          Not a member. And I'm still seeing it (on multiple occasions) when I'm not logged in on the site (as a free member).

Comment

It shows up for me, now, which is I guess why I asked when someone said it wasnt (but I am also a subscriber)

Comment

Not a member. And I'm still seeing it (on multiple occasions) when I'm not logged in on the site (as a free member).
                              CloudFlare's servers might not have all gotten an updated version of that page at the same time.
                              My animé & figure collections
                              Hummingbird
                              || Tweeterings
                              XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...