X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] 1 & Only Viz Media Surveys Thread

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/118594...imation-Survey
    Help us serve you better! All of us on the Animation team here at VIZ want to get your thoughts on anime in the North American market in order to give you the best of what you want. Your opinions matter deeply to us, so rest assured every response will be read and considered carefully. We know this survey is a little long, but should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Please take your time and be honest – we really want to know what you think!

As a bonus, one lucky winner will be selected at random to get this awesome VIZ anime prize pack. Winner will be selected and notified via email on or around April 1, 2013.
    Last edited by WTK; 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM.

Re: Viz Media spring 2013 animation survey

I filled out the survey. I have to say I certainly wouldn't have expected such questions from Viz since it almost felt like a Funimation survey. Hopefully they'll take some of that stuff into serious consideration. Especially more extras and a better streaming presence. I really hope this means their taking the anime side of their business more seriously, though they have been improving lately
    "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
      I have to say I certainly wouldn't have expected such questions from Viz since it almost felt like a Funimation survey.
      Well Char is there now. This shouldn't have come as a surprise (at least not to me anyways).

Comment

Interesting survey. I liked that I got to put in quite a lot of my preferences in regards to anime releases, and it would be nice if they followed through on releases I am looking at getting like Accel World.

Looks like they left off The Anime Network on streaming sites (unless I just missed it).

For unlicensed title I want, I put in Ben-to. It just felt like the most Viz-like thing out of my most wanted licenses, for whatever reason.

And I used the last space to state my desire for a completed Full Moon o Sagashite anime release. Not like it's going to do much good, but I should try at least.

Comment

For the last question of the survey, everybody please ask them to release the rest of Monster on DVD.
          Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

I hope lots of people said HxH2011, Sket Dance, Bakuman, or Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Anyway, more LE special editions from them would be good, hopefully they consider it.
            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
              For the last question of the survey, everybody please ask them to release the rest of Monster on DVD.
              Done.

Nice, relatively comprehensive, FUNimation-esque survey. I hope my answers can push the company in a direction I'd like them to be in as much as possible, and I'm glad to see Viz at least acting like they care.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                I hope lots of people said HxH2011, Sket Dance, Bakuman, or Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
                I didn't think of Sket Dance, but that's one I would certainly support them getting since I would be curious to hear a dub of it.

Comment

Did that even before I read this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                    I filled out the survey. I have to say I certainly wouldn't have expected such questions from Viz since it almost felt like a Funimation survey. Hopefully they'll take some of that stuff into serious consideration. Especially more extras and a better streaming presence. I really hope this means their taking the anime side of their business more seriously, though they have been improving lately
                    Totally agree with everything you've said. I made the suggestion to branch out into other genres, i.e. comedy, (I suggested as an unlicensed title Minami-ke). They do plenty of Shonen, so why not put out something different. Diversify I say!
                    Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
                    Finished watching - High School DXD New
                    Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Comment

Even though I only own ten or so VIZ DVDs (out of the 360 or so in my anime collection), I decided to take the survey anyway. I politely suggested that if they expanded their scope a bit, I may consider buying more from them in the future.

I also just now noticed (after I already submitted my survey, naturally) that a few of the live-action Japanese films in my collection were from Viz, something I had completely forgotten that they did. Linda Linda Linda which is now one of my favorite films and The Taste of Tea which I still haven't had a chance to watch yet. (I also have the three Death Note live-action films, though I haven't watched the third one yet.) So I'll take this opportunity if any Viz types are on these forums to tell them that that is probably the aspect of their licensing which appealed to me the most as they are now: the live-action material.
                      Ana? Matsuri? Why not both? || my avatar library
                      ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon Crystal; The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
                      ~ Last Watched: PROMARE; A Certain Scientific Railgun T; When Marnie Was There; Mikagura School Suite; Ponyo
                      homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Is this seriously coming from VIZ? By the time I hit the question relating to premium releases, I was in complete disbelief. They dropped those years ago, and many recently after all this time got delisted from Rightstuf.

Anyway very interesting survey, wonder how seriously they're going to take the responses.

My unlicensed anime response: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Home video release), Hunter x Hunter (2011), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012), and Full Moon wo Sagashite (Bring back into print).
                        Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Did the same here.

I actually had to think for a bit on some of them, especially for the question asking for licensing suggestions. Then I told myself that I was thinking too hard and put some random things in that I wanted. I gave the explanation that their catalog just needed more variety.
                          What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Filled out the survey as well. Here's hoping good things come from this survey. :D
                            MyAnimeList Profile | Blu-ray/DVD Collection

Comment

I told them to pick up Squid Girl season 2. I can dream.
                              Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X