• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] the Garden of sinners franchise

Widgets Magazine
    via PR
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 11, 2011

Aniplex of America adds the Garden of sinners to PlayStation®Network via the PlayStation®Store

SANTA MONICA, CA (June 11, 2011) ? Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that the Garden of sinners?a critically-lauded seven-chapter animated epic and Japan theatrical box office smash?is now available for rent on the PlayStation®Network?s video-on-demand service via the PlayStation®Store for download onto PlayStation®3 (PS3?) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems in both the United States and Canada.

Presented in its original 16:9 widescreen format in Japanese language with English subtitles, the Garden of sinners is the newest addition to a diverse stable of Aniplex-produced titles readily available through the PlayStation®Store, which also includes: Durarara!!, Gurren Lagann the Movie 1 & 2, R.O.D ?THE TV-, Ghost Slayers Ayashi, and Toward the Terra.

Previously, the Garden of sinners had been imported and released by Aniplex of America as an 8-disc Blu-ray box set in North America, which immediately sold out. Subsequently, following strong demand and numerous requests from enthusiastic fans, Aniplex has made the following seven movie chapters available as VOD rentals in standard definition format through the PlayStation®Store?s video-on-demand section at $2.99 per title:
    • Chapter 1: Thanatos (Overlooking View)
    • Chapter 2: ?and nothing heart (Murder Speculation, Part A)
    • Chapter 3: ever cry, never life (Remaining Sense of Pain)
    • Chapter 4: garan-no-dou (The Hollow Shrine)
    • Chapter 5: Paradox Paradigm
    • Chapter 6: Fairy Tale (Oblivion Recording)
    • Chapter 7: ?not nothing heart (Murder Speculation, Part B)
    Last edited by WTK; 07-07-2018, 10:46 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America adds the Garden of sinners to PlayStation Network via the PlayStation Store

$2.99 a movie is a price I'd be willing to pay. Is the PSN back up-and-running yet?
    My animé & figure collections
    Hummingbird
    || Tweeterings
    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Re: Aniplex of America adds the Garden of sinners to PlayStation Network via the PlayStation Store

I'm still waiting on a DVD release or Blu-ray re-release.
      Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
        $2.99 a movie is a price I'd be willing to pay. Is the PSN back up-and-running yet?
        It's been back up since late last Wednesday.
        Joseph Klemm
        "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
        Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
        Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
        Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Well I'm not a fan of buying digital copies of media made available physically, renting, or paying for something in SD when it could have been bought in HD, but $21 looks a little more attractive than $600 (and I missed my chance for that anyway, not that I ever would have). I've never actually bought anything from PSN. Do these just download to the PS3 hard drive for a limited time then get deleted, or are they actually streamed? If it's the latter, my internet may not be able to handle it smoothly, even in SD. Also, is PSN all back to normal?
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
            It's been back up since late last Wednesday.
            Guess I missed that news. Couldn't find any listings as "Kyoukai" video store.

Searching for "sinners" brought up five of the movies, but I can't find any of them by browsing either TV or Movies Anime categories. Maybe the store just takes a while to catalog new items?

I know the movies don't progress linearly, but none of the listings appear to have anything indicating order, which I find a bit annoying.
            Last edited by EyeOfPain; 06-11-2011, 09:56 PM.
            My animé & figure collections
            Hummingbird
            || Tweeterings
            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Slightly more affordable than the blu-ray ._.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
                Do these just download to the PS3 hard drive for a limited time then get deleted, or are they actually streamed? If it's the latter, my internet may not be able to handle it smoothly, even in SD. Also, is PSN all back to normal?
                You download them to the PS3. If your connection is good you can watch it as it downloads, which gives you the same effect as streaming. When the rental period is over, they show as "expired" or similar and you manually delete them.
                Moderator: Anime Recommendations, UK/AU

Comment

Aniplex has made the following seven movie chapters available as VOD rentals in standard definition format through the PlayStation®Store’s video-on-demand section at $2.99 per title:
                  Not a bad deal for a rental.
                  Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                  Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Aniplex of America announces Oreimo and the Garden of sinners re-releases

via ANN
                    Aniplex of America to Release Oreimo, Garden of Sinners on DVD

Aniplex of America announced at its panel at Sakura-Con on Friday that it is rereleasing The Garden of Sinners and Oreimo anime on DVD. The company originally released ufotable's The Garden of Sinners movie series in an English-subtitled Blu-ray Disc box in North America in February 2011. Aniplex of America noted that it sold out of its initial Blu-ray box release.

Aniplex originally released a limited-edition DVD box set for the Oreimo television anime series in October 2011. The release included all 12 television episodes plus four video episodes with English subtitles. Aniplex noted that the original limited-edition DVD boxset had sold out, and that the new release will be on regular-edition DVD. Aniplex will announce more details about both rereleases soon.
                    Last edited by WTK; 04-06-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Re: Aniplex of America announces Oreimo and the Garden of sinners re-releases

Oh my godddddd.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Again.

All over Garden of Sinners. :3
                      Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

I already got the original release of Oreimo, but the re-release of Garden of Sinners is potentially very good news. If it's a reasonably priced release this time around, I'll definitely buy it.

Comment

According to this Twitter report: LINK
                          Aniplex announcing reprint of Garden of Sinners at their #SakuraCon panel. DVD only boxset. No release date.

Comment

I would have to believe KnK will be a priced-down DVD-only set of some sort, unless AoA has scooped their own parent company on an upcoming Blu-ray re-release in Japan. Good news, regardless, as is the OreImo re-release.

EDIT: *sees WTK's latest post just above mine* So, yeah, like I was saying...
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

This is certainly great that Garden of Sinners is getting re-released considering that the previous release was a $400 import. Let's see what the details of the release are. As for Oreimo, I passed on the LE mostly because it was DVD only, so I presume that the re-release will be a bare-bones DVD release, which I am not planning on getting.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                              Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                              Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X