X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTK
    replied
    Re: Media Blasters licenses status update

@ TRSI... | EDIT: and TRSI licensed Ah My Buddha.
    Last edited by WTK; 02-15-2014, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Re-stocked @ TRSI...

EDIT: almost sold out...
    Last edited by WTK; 01-16-2014, 12:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

First posted finally updated.

And via TRSI...

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Restocked @ TRSI for now...

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Originally posted by dragonrider_cody View Post
    It's possible that the bluray didn't sell as well, or as quickly, as MB expected, so they decided not to reprint it. It's also possible that it could just another in a long line of reprint delays. Right Stuf may not have been able to get a time table for a reprint and decided to delist it until they get a firm date.

It seems way too early for the license to lapse, especially as Sirabella said it was a pretty successful title for them.
    Good points. Folks should keep in mind, in case they weren't aware, that TRSI adopted a policy earlier this year of outright de-listing items that they could not guarantee they would receive new stock of within a reasonable timeframe, just so people weren't ordering things and getting frustrated when TRSI themselves were being stiffed by distributors or studios who couldn't supply any product. GE seemed to be the biggest offender in that regard, though numerous MB titles from all of their labels have been de-listed as well.

Now, given MB's recent struggles, it's tough to say which is the case with them, that it's a matter of reprints being un-fundable for the time being and therefore far enough down the road such that TRSI's de-listing policy was the simplest way of dealing with that, or that these licenses have all started to lapse and not be renewed which could also be a function of MB not having enough cash. It could be half one way and half the other.

As for Squid Girl in particular, though I guess it applies to any of MB's licenses really, I think we've gotten so used to seeing titles effectively stay in print for so long that the assumption is simply that the licensing periods are very long, when the truth is that that's not necessarily the case. It's a private matter, and not very glamorous anyway, when and if a license is simply renewed or extended by a given studio, so nobody usually knows when or if it happens, versus a license being allowed to lapse which has the much more obvious consequence of a title not being in print any more.

At any rate, TRSI is only one retailer, but certainly a higher-profile one among our shared fandom that also does a lot of business. You'd think MB would have something reassuring to say about the general status of their catalog at some point, particularly given how bluntly forthright they can be, though John hasn't always been the most media-savvy person ever so it's probably not something that's occurred to him.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleWarrior13
    replied

True, but then again, Media Blasters had to drop Season 2 (or something), and I doubt they would renew the license anyway (like any license they have). It's also not a fanservice show (a genre that they admit that to being entirely committed to). I'm not sure how Netflix works, or to which company the contracts would have to be signed (Media Blasters or the Japanese licensor).

Leave a comment:

• dragonrider_cody
    replied

It's possible that the bluray didn't sell as well, or as quickly, as MB expected, so they decided not to reprint it. It's also possible that it could just another in a long line of reprint delays. Right Stuf may not have been able to get a time table for a reprint and decided to delist it until they get a firm date.

It seems way too early for the license to lapse, especially as Sirabella said it was a pretty successful title for them.

Leave a comment:

• Skullman
    replied

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    I hope if they really have lost Squid Girl that Sentai rescues it (and the second season).
    Seconded! Although Squid Girl is still streaming on Netflix, so I think MB must still have some form of rights left to the show.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleWarrior13
    replied

I hope if they really have lost Squid Girl that Sentai rescues it (and the second season).

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

No longer listed @ TRSI...
    • Detatoko Princess DVD (Hyb)
    • Earthian: Angelic Collection DVD (Hyb)
    • Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox TV + OVA DVD Collection (Hyb)
    • Loveless DVD Complete Collection (S)
    • Loveless DVD Vocal Collection (Hyb)
    • Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Blu-ray Part 1 (Hyb)
    • Squid Girl Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb)
    • Twin Signal DVD (Hyb)

Leave a comment:

• Anime_Otaku35
    replied

Originally posted by wagr View Post
    I upgraded to the BD. I felt they were good enough to move the DVDs off my living room shelf and into a box. I didn't try any comparisons.
    Thanks for the response. I'll be sure to upgrade soon.

Leave a comment:

• wagr
    replied

I upgraded to the BD. I felt they were good enough to move the DVDs off my living room shelf and into a box. I didn't try any comparisons.

Leave a comment:

• Anime_Otaku35
    replied

I see the DVD version of Twelve Kingdoms got de-listed this time. I may need to upgrade to the Blu-rays while I have a chance. I'm a big Fuyumi Ono fan, but I heard mixed reviews about the BDs so I never double-dipped. Are they worth it?

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

De-listed @ TRSI.
    • Gao-Gai-Gar Season 2 DVD Collection (S) - Litebox
    • Genshiken DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
    • Grenadier DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - Litebox
    • Ikki-Tousen: Dragon Destiny DVD Complete Series (Hyb)
    • Princess Princess DVD Complete Collection (S) - Litebox
    • Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin DVD Complete Series (Hyb)
    • Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb)
    • Sukisho DVD Complete Collection (S) - Litebox
    • Twelve Kingdoms DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Closeout items counter update @ TRSI...

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine