Widgets Magazine

FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Jun '13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Jun '13)

Widgets Magazine
    via TRSI...
    Last edited by WTK; 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM.

Re: FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Jun '13)

Still no Future Diary eh? Curious what's going on with that title since it's past the initial projection they gave for it and they've definently finished recording it. Maybe they really are waiting for the bonus episode that's coming out in Japan during the summer, but dunno how long of a delay we'd be in if that were the case...
    "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

I guess Phantom in the S.A.V.E. line means the original releases didn't sell that well. It's a good series so at least now maybe more people will check it out since it has a low price.

First half of 2013 has been very disappointing. I've barely bought anything from Funimation so far this year and the last new Funimation titles I bought were back in the summer of 2012...

Even if the new stuff I want to buy are released later this year there's not a lot of them... I guess 2013 is going to be a weaker year for the number of Funimation titles I'm interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
        Still no Future Diary eh? Curious what's going on with that title since it's past the initial projection they gave for it and they've definently finished recording it.
        Yeah. Starting to get me worried here.

Comment

I thought this was the first re-release of Birdy, but I guess I forgot about the complete collection that came out a little over a year ago. Sad to see it in the SAVE line; same with Phantom.
          My animé & figure collections
          Hummingbird
          || Tweeterings
          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Still no Future Diary eh? Curious what's going on with that title since it's past the initial projection they gave for it and they've definently finished recording it. Maybe they really are waiting for the bonus episode that's coming out in Japan during the summer, but dunno how long of a delay we'd be in if that were the case...
            Kadokawa issues most likely. If they're planning a BD box, then that might push back a North American release.

Comment

Oh good, another to save my money! Still waiting on Guilty Crown =(

Comment

Wow, if that holds up, its another unimpressive solicitation list from Funi. Still fuming at them over the FAM release date debacle and now this list has me really wondering just what's up with them?

Hope the Heaven's Lost Property Forte BD release holds up for fans of the show, but I have no interest in it or in Appleseed XIII and I own prior releases of everything else on the list.

Comment

Lately, it seems like I either have too many things to pick up or nothing at all. If this ends up the finalized list, June will be another empty month for me, like January and February. I already have what I want out of the re-releases and I'm in no hurry to grab Appleseed XIII.
                  What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Might pick up Birdy. Other than that, another sadly empty month for me.
                    Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
                    Watching: Dagashi Kashi
                    Reading: School-Live!
                    Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
                    Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

Now I'm really glad I got Birdy during the 12 Days of Anime sale. I kind of figure it would get S.A.V.E.d so I wanted to avoid getting it with that ugly banner.
                      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Guess waiting on Sengoku Basara seems to have paid off, will get that collection. Disappointed Phantom is straight to save? It didnt get any anime classics fancy packaging like Eden of the East or something? Why?

No Guilty Crown or Fairy Tail is saddening

I hope they wait for that to release it. No point releasing without it, with that end of the anime given.
                        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

From the current list, there's nothing I have any interest in that I don't already have in an acceptable enough release. I really hope more gets added by the time the final list is out, because FUNimation is having a pretty weak first half of the year. It seems like they should be able to get more out by now. I'd rather they not cram so much into December again. Maybe they're trying to make sure they won't have to continue delaying things, but even with the small slates they've had in the past few months, there have still been a few delays here and there.

For the sake of my giant backlog and the 50-something releases I still need to buy, though, I guess it would be best if I didn't need to get anything from FUNimation until at least the end of the year. But it's not exactly fair to think that way.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Really, really hope that isn't everything, but with their track record this year, it very well may be. Assuming that they don't add anything else, it will be yet another extremely weak month for Funi.

I really don't get what they're doing, unless they're actually having serious financial issues interfering with getting releases out the door. The end result is that Sentai is getting most of my money, when I would have been perfectly willing to give some (potentially a lot) of it to Funi if they actually released more of their titles in a given month (such as Black Lagoon: RBT, Guilty Crown, Future Diary, Michiko & Hatchin, Haganai, We Without Wings, etc). That doesn't seem like something Funi would want (financially speaking), so I don't get it (unless, again, they're having problems of some kind).

Comment

I'm only getting Birdy unless more gets added to the solicitations. I was hoping for a BD release as unlikely as that was but that obviously isn't happening now.
                              Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X