Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] 1 & Only DAISUKI.net Thread

Widgets Magazine
    via email inquiry to DAISUKI: What English speaking territories (US, UK, Australia, or more?) will be included with this upcoming DAISUKI streaming service (http://www.daisuki.net/en/)?
    Hello,

thank you for your mail!

Regarding your question:
    DAISUKI will be available world-wide, so the service area of DAISUKI will also cover non-English areas.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

DAISUKI Team
    DAISUKI INC.
    [email protected]
    via ANN | http://www.daisuki.net/en/ | PR direct link
    ADK, 6 Anime Firms to Launch Overseas Streaming Site Daisuki
    posted on 2013-02-27 01:10 EST

Site to launch in April; Madoka Magica, Gundam, One Piece, Lupin III, Prince of Tennis 'ready to be delivered'

Anime studios and production companies Aniplex, Sunrise, Toei Animation, TMS Entertainment, Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), Dentsu, and Asatsu-DK (ADK) confirmed with ANN that they are collaborating to launch a new anime streaming and commerce service for overseas fans called "Daisuki." President and CEO Kunihiko Shibata leads Daisuki, which will launch in April.

According to the service, titles such as Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mobile Suit Gundam, One Piece, Lupin the 3rd, and Prince of Tennis are "ready to be delivered." Daisuki also plans to stream anime titles nearly simultaneously with their Japanese broadcasts, as well as live events...
    via ANN
    Nikkei: ADK, Toei, Aniplex, Sunrise, TMS, NAS, Dentsu to Stream Anime Overseas
    posted on 2013-02-26 20:45 EST

Newspaper: Daisuki site to launch in April, aims to host 500+ titles with subtitles

The Japanese financial newspaper Nikkei is reporting on Wednesday that Asatsu-DK (ADK) will begin streaming anime titles overseas in April. Six major anime companies are investing in ADK's subsidiary that is handling the streaming. The venture will translate and host popular works from over 500 titles, and it plans to recoup costs through fees and advertising.

ADK issued third-party stocks worth 340 million yen (US$3.69 million) in its 100%-financed subsidiary Daisuki. The anime companies Toei Animation, Aniplex, Sunrise, TMS Entertainment, and Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), along with Dentsu, are investing in the subsidiary. ADK plans to retain a 26.3% stake in Daisuki.

Nikkei notes that Toei's One Piece anime and Sunrise's Gundam anime have garnered many fans overseas. Daisuki's site will present new titles nearly simultaneously with their Japanese broadcasts. The venture will also stream live programs to anime fans in English.

The newspaper adds that the site plans to begin an online commerce service in June and sell tie-in goods. It aims to gain about 3 million members in five years.

Until now, the different anime companies have supplied their works separately to overseas streaming services. They plan to develop a streaming service on this site to bring together the leading titles and increase revenue.

[Via animeanime.biz]
    Last edited by WTK; 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM.

ADK tries their hand at International Streaming: Daisuki

The Japanese financial newspaper Nikkei is reporting on Wednesday that Asatsu-DK (ADK) will begin streaming anime titles overseas in April. Six major anime companies are investing in ADK's subsidiary that is handling the streaming. The venture will translate and host popular works from over 500 titles, and it plans to recoup costs through fees and advertising.

ADK issued third-party stocks worth 340 million yen (US$3.69 million) in its 100%-financed subsidiary Daisuki. The anime companies Toei Animation, Aniplex, Sunrise, TMS Entertainment, and Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), along with Dentsu, are investing in the subsidiary. ADK plans to retain a 26.3% stake in Daisuki.

Nikkei notes that Toei's One Piece anime and Sunrise's Gundam anime have garnered many fans overseas. Daisuki's site will present new titles nearly simultaneously with their Japanese broadcasts. The venture will also stream live programs to anime fans in English.

The newspaper adds that the site plans to begin an online commerce service in June and sell tie-in goods. It aims to gain about 3 million members in five years.

Until now, the different anime companies have supplied their works separately to overseas streaming services. They plan to develop a streaming service on this site to bring together the leading titles and increase revenue.
    Source: ANN

This will be interesting to see where this goes. Mind you, it has not been announced for what territories it plans to stream to, but I'm guessing North America will be one of them.

Comment

Re: ADK, Toei, Aniplex, Sunrise, TMS, NAS, Dentsu to stream anime overseas

I'm curious if this includes simulcasting, though the fact that its launching in April most likely means yes. If so I wonder how it'll affect current streaming sites if this indeed comes stateside...
      "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Re: ADK, Toei, Aniplex, Sunrise, TMS, NAS, Dentsu to stream anime overseas

via ANN | http://www.daisuki.net/en/ | PR direct link
        ADK, 6 Anime Firms to Launch Overseas Streaming Site Daisuki
        posted on 2013-02-27 01:10 EST

Site to launch in April; Madoka Magica, Gundam, One Piece, Lupin III, Prince of Tennis 'ready to be delivered'

Anime studios and production companies Aniplex, Sunrise, Toei Animation, TMS Entertainment, Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), Dentsu, and Asatsu-DK (ADK) confirmed with ANN that they are collaborating to launch a new anime streaming and commerce service for overseas fans called "Daisuki." President and CEO Kunihiko Shibata leads Daisuki, which will launch in April.

According to the service, titles such as Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mobile Suit Gundam, One Piece, Lupin the 3rd, and Prince of Tennis are "ready to be delivered." Daisuki also plans to stream anime titles nearly simultaneously with their Japanese broadcasts, as well as live events...

Comment

Re: ADK tries their hand at International Streaming: Daisuki

New ANN update! Link!

And English website: http://www.daisuki.net/en/
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

This sounds a lot like Quarkboy's Anime Sols web service that was in the works, though with a focus on newer titles, rather than classic series.
            My animé & figure collections
            Hummingbird
            || Tweeterings
            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I;m curious what this will mean for CR if this thing does include North America. They mentioned simulcasting in some capacity so if these companies start sending all their new titles there instead of CR, things'll be looking grim for them...
              "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

I'll be curious to see what they are offering and how they will go about in their streaming and how CR will react to this.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                  I;m curious what this will mean for CR if this thing does include North America.
                  That's still an unknown. It will be made available outside of Japan, but no region has been specified. The site (http://www.daisuki.net/en/) has an English page and there is a English PR (http://www.daisuki.net/common/pdf/En...ase_130227.pdf), so you would assume that the streaming will be subtitled in English (again not specified). And English subtitled streaming doesn't always automatically include North America.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    And English subtitled streaming doesn't always automatically include North America.
                    Yeah, I remember the whole situation with Gundam Age...

Comment

I am wondering how this will turn out. It says they plan to "recoup costs through fees and advertising" and "Daisuki plans to sell anime tie-in goods on its website." That does sound a lot like Crunchyroll's approach, but in a more commercialized manner. More competition may not be a bad thing if they are really serious about this website, and it turns out to function well without causing more headaches. It is a good question to ask what will happen with the other sites who also wish to stream this content.

Originally posted by EyeOfPain
                      This sounds a lot like Quarkboy's Anime Sols web service that was in the works, though with a focus on newer titles, rather than classic series.
                      Whenever there is mention of another streaming website popping up I always think back to Anime Sols. I've tried to stop bringing it up so much though, since I feel like a broken record, and I know that Quarkboy is probably still working hard on getting it up and running. It remains the forthcoming streaming site I am most interested in seeing launch, but it is attempting to do a bit more than just stream and sell items.

I wonder if the market for streaming is going to start getting saturated once all of these websites launch in full effect. Is the intention to have as many legal streaming sites as pirate streaming websites so that it's easier to stumble on the legit sites instead for the average fan? I can only hope that will be the result.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

So as likely as it seems, this isn't quite confirmed for US yet. How it affects Crunchyroll (and other simulcast providers) is my biggest concern. I think I actually might prefer if it doesn't become available in the US, because simulcasts are pretty much covered at this point, so there's no real reason for the Japanese companies to try a more direct approach of offering them. If it potentially means more simulcasts, that seems like it should be a good thing, but if titles that would've otherwise gone to Crunchyroll end up going to this probably inferior service instead, that would be a step back.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Shouldn't they still work with Crunchyroll? More licensing partners for the jpn company more money?
                          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                            Shouldn't they still work with Crunchyroll? More licensing partners for the jpn company more money?
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they had shows up on both. There are plenty of shows on both CR and Hulu or CR and TAN (the AoA/Sentai shows) and I'd expect to see that happen here if it's available in the US.

With CR having simulcasts covered, what I'm most interested in seeing streamed are older (i.e., from before the days of simulcasting) catalogue titles from a streaming service. THAT is what I'm hoping this is.

Comment

Supposedly there's a talk that CrunchyRoll might actually be helping out with Daisuki in terms of getting these show available & subbed. Supposedly one of the heads at CR has been hinting on the premium forums that CR is involved in something really big that's been working their translation guys hard, something that will either change everything or bomb horribly, and CR's being extremely closed-mouthed on any sorts of hints. Being involved with Daisuki in terms of translation production certainly would be an interesting thing to see, if it's true.
                              Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                              Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X