Widgets Magazine

Maiden Japan licenses Patlabor The Mobile Police (OVA, TV series, The New Files, Movies)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maiden Japan licenses Patlabor OVAs

Originally posted by Ingraman View Post
    Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
    For CPM's release, i own the 3 mini sets of volumes 1-4, 5-8, and 7-11. Unless i am missing something, the OVA is probably another separate release which i didn't get/missed out on.
    It is, and so is the New Files.
    I see, well i guess i missed out on the OVAs (I & II) since i was just collecting Patlabor to add to my collection at that time. I am expecting/hoping that Sentai will license the 2nd OVA as well.
    Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

I see, well i guess i missed out on the OVAs (I & II) since i was just collecting Patlabor to add to my collection at that time. I am expecting/hoping that Sentai will license the 2nd OVA as well.
      Well, WTK was sort of suggesting that there might be a connection with Madman's AU license of Patlabor. Since Madman picked up the original OVA, the TV series, and the second (New Files) OVA all at once, that might suggest that Sentai has the rights to all three. The Sentai solicitation also refers to this Patlabor release as the FIRST Patlabor collection in the product description, which might be taken as another indication.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
        Not that I'm the one who wrote that... ^^;

Well, WTK was sort of suggesting that there might be a connection with Madman's AU license of Patlabor. Since Madman picked up the original OVA, the TV series, and the second (New Files) OVA all at once, that might suggest that Sentai has the rights to all three. The Sentai solicitation also refers to this Patlabor release as the FIRST Patlabor collection in the product description, which might be taken as another indication.
        I do hope that the original OVAs sell well enough to get ADV to release the rest of Patlabor on BD. The Japanese release of the 47 TV episodes came out in two sets. Would ADV release them in two sets, also, three like CPM, or four (since most US releases are 1-cour)? Yeah, now's not the time to give any thought to that. ;p It just came to mind for some odd reason as I was thinking about the various releases over time. ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
          Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
          Originally posted by llj View Post
          My interest in the Patlabor franchise is fairly mild, but I'll still be picking this up because pre-1990s anime do not get North American BD releases very often. In fact, I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY pre-1990s anime on BD that's not a film.
          While there are some films, Dragon Ball Z is the only other pre-90s TV/OVA on BD here and even that started in 89. After that it's Yu Yu Hakusho from 92.
          That's right, I forgot about DBZ; of course, Funi never finished their BD release of DBZ (it only got, what, two sets released? So only around 10% of DBZ...), but I guess there was something, incomplete at it may have been. Still a pretty good indication of how special this release is, though.
          DBZ is the obvious example I always miss because of how massively popular it was and still is.

Comment

I do hope that the original OVAs sell well enough to get ADV to release the rest of Patlabor on BD. The Japanese release of the 47 TV episodes came out in two sets. Would ADV release them in two sets, also, three like CPM, or four (since most US releases are 1-cour)? Yeah, now's not the time to give any thought to that. ;p It just came to mind for some odd reason as I was thinking about the various releases over time. ^^;
            If they do release the rest, they'll probably go with two cour like the imports, unless something prohibits them from maintaining consistency with the JP release pattern. I doubt the franchise's licensing costs are prohibitive enough to prevent an identical release schedule. Though I wonder if they have MiniPato. Assuming they do and it's included with their release plans, it's likely it'll be an upscale since there isn't a BD, let alone a remaster of it in Japan. As for the movies, I'll consider them although I already have the import 1&2 BDs and the BVUSA DVDs (which unsurprisingly flopped hard). WXIII is a sure buy since I skipped the JP release.

Comment

Already have Patlabor but might pick this up to show support for older, classic anime.
              Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
              Touch is still the greatest show ever.
              Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

This is a great announcement. I remember first watching Noa and her adventures with Alphonse when the series was broadcast on the old AZN network (I think both the OVA and the TV series were broadcast), but I never got around to collecting it. Thank you, Sentai and Maiden Japan, for giving me a new chance now. :D
                Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

I'm really excited for this!
                  Now my Patlabor collection will be complete.
                  Again many thanks Section 23.
                  Rotten, rotten, rotten...
                  Anyway you look at it...
                  I am a rotten girl...

Comment

Wow, this was not expected. I've got these OVAs as well as the New Files, the tv series and the R1 dvd releases of all three movies (including Mini Pato).

Even with that, I may end up double dipping on the BD release just to support it. This is quite amazing.
                    I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                    - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

It's looking like Maiden Japan have the 3 movies, TV Series, and The New Files.

via DVD and Blu-ray back covers of Patlabor The Mobile Police: The Original OVA Series.
                      Movie Timeline
                      - Original OVA Series, Patlabor The Movie, WXIII: Patlabor 3, Patlabor 2

Television Timeline
                      - The Television Series, The New Files

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

via DVD and Blu-ray back covers of Patlabor The Mobile Police: The Original OVA Series.
                        Movie Timeline

Television Timeline
                        I'll buy all of them if they're on Blu-ray. I'm really looking forward to the Oshii films in particular.
                        DVD/BD collection
                        Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

I'm not sure that the fact that the back covers show the timelines means they acquired all of Patlabor, but I'd love to own the TV series and New Files on Blu-ray. I only didn't buy the Japanese sets because they don't include English subs, unlike the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                            I'm not sure that the fact that the back covers show the timelines means they acquired all of Patlabor, but I'd love to own the TV series and New Files on Blu-ray. I only didn't buy the Japanese sets because they don't include English subs, unlike the movies.
                            It's a high probability they did. It doesn't make sense to be outlining the timeline with titles they don't have scheduled as part of their lineup. Doesn't guarantee they'll all be BDs though, but it wouldn't surprise me to see at least the movies in Blu.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

Movie Timeline

Television Timeline
                              It'd be good if they do. I'm already double-dipping on the OVA series in BD & would gladly do the same with the rest.
                              Avatar: The 2018 NL East Champion Atlanta Braves
                              FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
                              Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

I'll definitely get the TV & New Files on either BD or DVD, preferably the former.

If only YUA season 1 & movie (on BD) could be picked up, + Silent Mobius & Miami Guns as well. A small army of policewomen.
                                Last edited by Njr Resurrection; 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X