Widgets Magazine

Maiden Japan licenses Patlabor The Mobile Police (OVA, TV series, The New Files, Movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maiden Japan licenses Patlabor OVAs

Wow, this is a pleasant surprise. Still have the CPM dvd's but will definitely double dip on this for the BD. Hopefully maybe we'll get the TV down the line if the numbers do well.

Comment

I've been wanting this ever since I picked up the TV series a few years ago. Now it's within the grasp of my grubby hands :D

Comment

This is great news especially the BD release part. I own the CPM TV series sets and the Japanese BDs of the movies (and the BE & Geneon DVDs as well). Now with this i will complete my Patlabor collection. It's a bit of a nice coincident as that i was planning to watch Patlablor soon but i was worried about not having the OVAs.
        Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
          This is great news especially the BD release part. I own the CPM TV series sets and the Japanese BDs of the movies (and the BE & Geneon DVDs as well). Now with this i will complete my Patlabor collection. It's a bit of a nice coincident as that i was planning to watch Patlablor soon but i was worried about not having the OVAs.
          You mentioned that you own the TV series and movies, but you didn't mention the New OVAs (sold as "New Files" by CPM), which are 16 OVAs that are in the TV continuity. Did you just neglect to mention them, or do you also not own them? The original OVAs predate the TV series, and are in a separate timeline (although the movies are often placed with the original OVAs, I think that P2 can go into either timeline [unless I'm overlooking something]).

Comment

There is also the music clips collection, which features a short about Noa's day off: http://www.patlabor.info/musicclips.htm
            Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

I probably won't upgrade to BD, though I probably should. Exciting news!
              Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
              Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
              Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

My interest in the Patlabor franchise is fairly mild, but I'll still be picking this up because pre-1990s anime do not get North American BD releases very often. In fact, I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY pre-1990s anime on BD that's not a film.

Comment

Originally posted by llj View Post
                  My interest in the Patlabor franchise is fairly mild, but I'll still be picking this up because pre-1990s anime do not get North American BD releases very often. In fact, I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY pre-1990s anime on BD that's not a film.
                  That's right; I don't think there ARE any non-film pre-1990 anime BDs out there, until this Patlabor announcement, so this is a pretty special release, when all is said and done. Actually, there really isn't much in the way of '90s anime BDs either, although I can think of a couple.

Comment

That's a rather interesting point here. I didn't put any thought into it. It does make another compelling point to pick this up on Blu-ray.

Comment

While there are some films, Dragon Ball Z is the only other pre-90s TV/OVA on BD here and even that started in 89. After that it's Yu Yu Hakusho from 92.
                      Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
                        While there are some films, Dragon Ball Z is the only other pre-90s TV/OVA on BD here and even that started in 89. After that it's Yu Yu Hakusho from 92.
                        That's right, I forgot about DBZ; of course, Funi never finished their BD release of DBZ (it only got, what, two sets released? So only around 10% of DBZ...), but I guess there was something, incomplete at it may have been. Still a pretty good indication of how special this release is, though.

Comment

Tenchi and Yu Yu Hakusho started in 92. I only have movies (5) that are earlier then 90.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            That's a rather interesting point here. I didn't put any thought into it. It does make another compelling point to pick this up on Blu-ray.
                            There is limited space in my apartment, and my girlfriend will kill me, but as a fan of 1980's anime this is pure logic.
                            Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                            Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                            Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Ingraman View Post
                              You mentioned that you own the TV series and movies, but you didn't mention the New OVAs (sold as "New Files" by CPM), which are 16 OVAs that are in the TV continuity. Did you just neglect to mention them, or do you also not own them? The original OVAs predate the TV series, and are in a separate timeline (although the movies are often placed with the original OVAs, I think that P2 can go into either timeline [unless I'm overlooking something]).
                              For CPM's release, i own the 3 mini sets of volumes 1-4, 5-8, and 7-11. Unless i am missing something, the OVA is probably another separate release which i didn't get/missed out on.
                              Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Ingraman View Post
                                For CPM's release, i own the 3 mini sets of volumes 1-4, 5-8, and 7-11. Unless i am missing something, the OVA is probably another separate release which i didn't get/missed out on.
                                It is, and so is the New Files.
                                Avatar: Marvel Comics' 80th Anniversary
                                FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
                                Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X