Widgets Magazine

Maiden Japan licenses Patlabor The Mobile Police (OVA, TV series, The New Files, Movies)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too Bad about them being region Locked would have totally ordered that Set

Comment

• Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
      Anyway, if it's not too much to ask, could you contact & confirm if they're the same authored discs as the previous releases? I ask because of the known subtitle glitches that were in some of the TV discs and judging by the amount of discs and episodes in them, they look to be the exact same as before.
      Per inquiry with S23:
      Re-encode/re-authored

Comment

• ^ It's very nice to see they're re-doing the discs. Assuming the errors are fixed, I'll very likely replace all of the current BDs with this new set. It should save some shelf space too.
        DVD/BD collection
        Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

• Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
          ^ It's very nice to see they're re-doing the discs. Assuming the errors are fixed, I'll very likely replace all of the current BDs with this new set. It should save some shelf space too.
          With this being 15 discs, the packaging should be very interesting since I haven't seen any BD-sized cases which can hold that many discs but have with DVD thanks to the South Park 5-season sets.
          Last edited by NJ_; 07-27-2018, 02:00 PM.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• If I didn't have all the original Blu-rays, I'd get this for sure. What a great deal, and they're even re-authoring the discs.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
              If I didn't have all the original Blu-rays, I'd get this for sure. What a great deal, and they're even re-authoring the discs.
              Same. The only releases I'm missing are for the movies, as I have the Bandai Visual USA releases for Movie 1 & 2, I have the Limited Edition release of WXIII by Geneon. At this point, it'll just be better for me to get the movies on BD when they're on sale, but this is an outstanding deal for everyone else.
              Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
              Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BØY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BØY

Comment

• I may give my old discs to a co-worker and buy the new set if the issues are all fixed.

Comment

• Since the Discs are being Remade We cant convince them to Include the other Dubs Can we ?

Comment

• If this got some sort of artbox and a small book or something I would totally double dip. I would also double dip without that stuff if the Reboot short and/or the Manga Ent Dub for the first 2 movies made it onto the new set.

I expect none of this to happen and since the errors on the original disc while unfortunate are very few and far between I will probably just keep what I have.
                    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

• Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
                      If this got some sort of artbox and a small book or something I would totally double dip. I would also double dip without that stuff if the Reboot short and/or the Manga Ent Dub for the first 2 movies made it onto the new set.

I expect none of this to happen and since the errors on the original disc while unfortunate are very few and far between I will probably just keep what I have.
                      well i have nothing

Cept the first and 2nd OVA ( the former being from Madman) and the first 2 films on Dvd from Madman ......

Who do i tweet ?

Comment

• Does anyone know if the TV episodes will be uncut for the dub? Some early episodes had scenes cut on the first release, even though those scenes were dubbed and not cut on the original CPM DVDs. Maiden Japan could easily just rip the audio from the original DVDs. Discotek does that sort of thing all the time.
                        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

• 'Ultimate Collection' only noted as 'Complete Collection Special Edition' on final cover art / packaging: https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...ion#post706221

^ Final cover art also shows 2 Blu-ray cases housed in slipcase (see though; can see main Blu-ray cover art on each side). It's better explained by seeing the above link.

EDIT: decided to spell out Special Edition to avoid abbreviations that were previously used by other distributors (Bandai Ent. used SE for Special Edition; NIS America used SE for Standard Edition).

EDIT 2: Stock Weight: OTHER 18PT C1S Silver Met Poly
                          Cover Color: 4 Process + 2 Whites / 0
                          Cover Coating: UV GLOSS
                          Last edited by WTK; 10-07-2018, 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ate-collection

Patlabor Ultimate Collection

IMPORTANT NOTICE! (Effective 11/06/18)
                            Due to unexpected delays, the street date for this item has been updated to Tuesday, November 20, 2018. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. For additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Comment

• Does anyone have the new ultimate collection in hand yet? Wondering if there is any confirmation on any of the original releases' errors being fixed with this new set.
                              ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

• Bugs me that Maiden Japan aren't doing some sort of trade in or small purchase for replacement discs. I like having the 9 sets on my shelf personally but I would love to have the new discs that fix the errors from the original releases.
                                Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X