• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TV] Entire Yu-Gi-Oh! catalog coming to Nicktoons

Widgets Magazine
    via Nick and More! | Promo
    “Yu-Gi-Oh!” Coming to Nicktoons in January

Nicktoons has begun airing promos stating that the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series will join the network in January. Based on the short promo, it is the original series which ran on Kids’ WB! from 2000-2004 for 224 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is distributed by Konami in the U.S. since this past summer, after 4Kids sold the rights. The series still airs repeats on The CW’s Saturday morning block Vortexx, operated by Saban Brands. Repeats have aired in the past on Cartoon Network, 4Kids TV and The CW4Kids (which is now Vortexx).
    Last edited by WTK; 12-19-2012, 12:48 AM.

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! coming to Nicktoons in January 2013

Have they ever released all the episodes on disc?
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
      Have they ever released all the episodes on disc?
      4kids released everything from the DM series except for episodes 169-184(the second half of season 4 Waking The Dragons). Only 52 episodes of GX were released and nothing from 5D's was ever released state side.

Comment

Good stuff. I know it gets a lot of internet hate, but I remember watching these in high school and having a blast with how stupid and over the top it was as well as the voice acting. Especially Joey who sounded like some New Yawk gangster from Boardwalk Empire and Kaiba who was always dropping one-liners like a boss. I remember thinking about the poor guy who just wanted to have fun in a card tournament and unwittingly got roped into some battle for the fate of the world and people playing cards that literally banish you to purgatory or drive you insane.

I almost wish I had cable to check this out.

Comment

I might check it out if I have the time. Course that depends on what time slot Nicktoons gives it. I don't watch Nicktoons that often. I used to have the old 4Kids DVDs before I sold them on eBay earlier this year.
          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

via Nick and More!
            Late last week, TV schedules updated to show that Nicktoons was not airing Yu-Gi-Oh! this week, as they had announced and promoted previously. On-air promos were gone by late last week, but the show page on Nicktoons.com continued to say “Premieres January 14 at 9pm ET” up until this morning. The page has since been updated to remove the premiere date; however, it includes no further information on when Yu-Gi-Oh! will officially premiere.

Comment

via Nick and More!
              UPDATED 2/28: The series looks to finally be premiering Mondays-Thursday from 8-9 p.m. (ET) starting March 11 on Nicktoons.

Comment

http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/...toons-4k-media
                Yu-Gi-Oh! Heads to Nicktoons in the U.S.
                Published: April 23, 2013

NEW YORK: The successful Japanese anime series Yu-Gi-Oh! is launching on the U.S. cable network Nicktoons.

The agreement with Nicktoons includes two seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, and also involves the complete Yu-Gi-Oh! catalogue, comprised of Classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. The show revolves around a pair of heroes who are competing at the World Duel Carnival. Excluding Asia, the rights for the franchise are handled by Konami Digital Entertainment's 4K Media.

"We are proud and excited to work with Nicktoons," stated Kristen Gray, the senior VP of 4K Media. "The Yu-Gi-Oh! brand fits very nicely within the Nicktoons programming profile. Children all across the U.S. will now have a new broadcast platform to catch their favorite episodes and engage with the Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, especially those featured in the newest series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL."

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X