Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Ah! My Goddess (Season 1) is OOP

Widgets Magazine
    via Media Blasters Facebook page (11/29/12)
    - Do you guys plan to eventually re-print/re-release "Ah! My Goddess Complete Collection," or will you no longer release the series?

- Not sure, probably not at this point
    via RACS (6/22/12)
    Media Blasters has informed us that the Ah My Goddess Season 1 box AWDVD-0946 (Funi has AMG Season 2) is not going to be re-pressed and is now out of print. Not sure if they are dropping the license or if they are just planning to try to re-print it as a 'classics' box at some future date, but for the time being S1 is off the market. This seems to be happening to a lot of older MB titles but it's hard to get confirmation on any particular one. Whenever that happens, I'll pass it on here

Re: Ah! My Goddess (Season 1) is OOP

The originals singles at this point seem to be the only somewhat reasonable way to get this anymore. Volumes 3 and 6 are getting tougher to acquire though. I bit the bullet and got some of the few remaining copies for around $17 shipped each; basically original MSRP minus typical retailer discount. TRSI has the rest of them for $4 apiece. I'm not hopeful of things getting much better than $50 for new copies for the foreseeable future.

Prices for the A!MG movie have been rising a bit in the last couple of months, I've noticed. The nice copy I received the other day ran me $21 shipped. Lesser copies aren't going for much less. Nice, complete copies were going for like $10 just several weeks ago.
    Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

That's too bad that it's OOP. I have the complete collection, so I am good.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
      Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
      Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I wonder if Fighting Wings and the OADs might get licensed and released someday ?
        Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
          I wonder if Fighting Wings and the OADs might get licensed and released someday ?
          FUNimation has broken through the Kodansha OAD barrier on a couple of occasions, so while you'd hope that means that Kodansha is a little less reticent to give up the exclusivity of such things by allowing international licensing, it could also very well mean that FUNimation simply jumped through a number of hoops to make it happen for those few cases because they felt it was worth it for the franchises in question. I don't know if the A!MG franchise has quite the sales potential that something like Tsubasa does, or whether any companies would evaluate it as such. I think if that were the case, then Fighting Wings, as a regular OVA, would have been licensed and released by Sentai by now.

I suppose that with a new OAD being bundled with the 46th manga volume next summer, there might be cause for certain parties (i.e. Sentai, FUNimation) to think for another minute or two about pursuing those licenses. I think the best thing for any company interested would be to wait for the season 1 license to officially lapse, and try for a bundle as a season 1 license-rescue plus Fighting Wings and OADs. Maybe at this point if Kodansha has really assumed license management responsibilities for the older franchise installments, then any interested potential licensee could also make a play for the original OVAs, movie and Mini Goddess series as well, as long as the price was right.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
            then any interested potential licensee could also make a play for the original OVAs, movie and Mini Goddess series as well, as long as the price was right.
            I really want the movie on blu-ray.

Comment

via Media Blasters Facebook page
              - It sucks that Ah! My Goddess is out of print. Did MB lose the license?

- Expired

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                via Media Blasters Facebook page
                - It sucks that Ah! My Goddess is out of print. Did MB lose the license?

- Expired
                If it's expired then either Sentai or Discotek could rescue it.
                Originally posted by gpn View Post
                Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                then any interested potential licensee could also make a play for the original OVAs, movie and Mini Goddess series as well, as long as the price was right.
                I really want the movie on blu-ray.
                Is the movie another expired license? If it is could be that a licensor was was waiting on the 1st season to expire to also include the movie license.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                  Is the movie another expired license? If it is could be that a licensor was was waiting on the 1st season to expire to also include the movie license.
                  It was released by Geneon a while back, so it's expired.

Comment

Damn-I'm glad that I have all of the Oh My Goddess anime that was released here including the collectors set of the ovas that animeigo let lapse.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X