X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 & Only License Rumors & Speculations Thread

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmw...30774523616330
    That does it for today, But tomorrow will be something SPECIAL: We'll be revealing one of our biggest titles for 2013 tomorrow at 12 PM CST. Don't miss it!
    Keeping in mind the ever-present idea that hype may be just that and nothing else, I suppose they're going to announce they've licensed Gargantia?

Or, they're actually going to announce something that might be worthy of "SPECIAL" in capital letters, like Ghost in the Shell: Arise.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
      That does it for today, But tomorrow will be something SPECIAL: We'll be revealing one of our biggest titles for 2013 tomorrow at 12 PM CST. Don't miss it!
      Keeping in mind the ever-present idea that hype may be just that and nothing else, I suppose they're going to announce they've licensed Gargantia?

Or, they're actually going to announce something that might be worthy of "SPECIAL" in capital letters, like Ghost in the Shell: Arise.
      I think Gargantia is very possible. Maybe even Star Blazers 2199. "SPECIAL" and even "biggest" can be so vague. GitS: Arise is certainly a possibility too.

Comment

Frankly, I'm hoping for something not new to the season like Hyouka or Ben-to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post

I think Gargantia is very possible. Maybe even Star Blazers 2199. "SPECIAL" and even "biggest" can be so vague. GitS: Arise is certainly a possibility too.
          Interesting to note: they say "one of our biggest titles for 2013." Does that mean they think they have another big title for a future announcement? Or is one of their previous announcements already what they consider "big?"

If the latter, then I'm not expecting too much from them tomorrow, as what they've announced so far this year is okay, but nothing that I would really consider "big."
          Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
          Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Shouldnt it be something they are planning to release in 2013? Ill guess either Kurokos Basketball, Hyouka, or Gundam Age.
            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Thinking outside the box, I'd say K-on or Haruhi.
              Thinking titles in the recent past, I'd say Hyouka.
              Thinking current titles CR simulcast/non-CR simulcast, I'd say Gargantia or Star Blazers 2199

SNAFU is pretty much guarenteed, though I doubt it's all that big of a title.

My AP Profile

Comment

I'm also hoping it's not a new show unless it's Yamato.

Comment

So something "SPECIAL" and "biggest for 2013"?

Cowboy Bebop BD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX View Post

Cowboy Bebop BD!!!
                    That would be big, since I think a lot of people expect FUNi will rescue it. As for me, I actually want Outlaw Star more. Maybe I'll finally pick up Cowboy Bebop when it gets a US BD release, though. I'll need to watch through the series again and see how I feel about it now.

Comment

Consider me caught up in the hype. I'm interested in what they have to reveal tomorrow, and I hope it will be something big. I also hope that it will be something I'm interested in. If it did turn out to be Cowboy Bebop on BD, then I would be fairly surprised. I wouldn't think that Funimation would really allow that to slip through their fingers being that it's such an evergreen title. I'll be tuned in for tomorrow's announcement.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post

Cowboy Bebop BD!!!
                        That would be big, since I think a lot of people expect FUNi will rescue it. As for me, I actually want Outlaw Star more. Maybe I'll finally pick up Cowboy Bebop when it gets a US BD release, though. I'll need to watch through the series again and see how I feel about it now.
                        I would also love to see an Outlaw Star BD set with the remastered video get released in NA...if it is that I will be ecstatic. At least it is possible. :D
                        My Anime List - My Collection
                        Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
                        Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
                        Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Cowboy Bebop BD!!!
                          Cowboy Bebop is big? I thought it has miniscule reception on toonami?
                          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I hoping the announcement is Nichijou. I hope it is not just another show from the current season; it needs to be a rescue or something never released in the US.
                            Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

Originally posted by otakualchemist View Post
                              I hoping the announcement is Nichijou.
                              As much as I'd love that, or YuruYuri for that matter, I don't think they'd be considered a "big" title.

My AP Profile

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post

Cowboy Bebop BD!!!
                                Cowboy Bebop is big? I thought it has miniscule reception on toonami?
                                Big doesn't even begin to describe it. It's a massive, massive, massive title. It will never be be forgotten by history. Cowboy Bebop is one of the most popular, well-received, and most known anime of all-time. It even is one of the few anime to manage to become mainstream among the general public a bit. There is a reason why [as] has held onto the airing rights since 2001.

Also a thing to note, in the Ken Iyadomi Bandai Entertainment interview, it was stated that Cowboy Bebop was Bandai's all-time best-seller without question. Whoever rescues it and puts it out on Blu-ray here will be swimming in money.

Saying Cowboy Bebop isn't big is like saying DBZ isn't big.
                                Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X