Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] 1 & Only License Rumors & Speculations Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Note: this post is now just an archived post. Check the latest posts in thread for updates.

Here is an unofficial thread of various rumors on possible future North America licenses (some of which are license rescues). Keep in mind that none of the listed properties are guaranteed to be licensed and/or released. And feel free to mention any errors, omissions, and worthwhile additions in this thread.

>>> Possibilities for FUNimation ??? <<<

A Certain Scientific Railgun (OVA)
    - Possible North American licensor: FUNimation
    Code:
    via The Viewing Lounge (4/28/13)
    - "The releases planned we have planned for the next few months are...Scientific Railgun OVA..."
    >>> Possibilities for Sentai Filmworks ??? <<<

Carnival Phantasm (OVA) | 12 episodes (14-min.)
    - Possible North American licensor: Sentai Filmworks
    Code:
    via Sentai Filmworks @ NekoCon '12 (11/2/12)
    - "Looking maybe at Carnival Phantasm and World God Only Knows OVAs(It is selling well)"
    Ghost Sweeper Mikami (movie)
    - Possible North American licensor: Sentai Filmworks
    Code:
    -via Sentai Filmworks @ AWA '12 (9/29/12) 
    - "GSM movie - maybe"
    via Sentai Filmworks @ AWA '11 (9/30/11) 
    - "They are pursuing the GS Mikami movie"
    You're Under Arrest (Season 1) | OVA: 4 episodes; TV: 52 episodes
    - Possible North American licensor: Sentai Filmworks (streaming at The Anime Network
    Code:
    via Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel @ Anime Weekend Atlanta '12 (9/29/12)
    - "YUA - asked at the panel. In consideration."
    >>> Higher Chance Possibilities for ??? <<<

Gosick | 24 episodes
    - Possible North American licensor [if truly subtitled only]: Sentai Filmworks,...
    Code:
    via ultimatemegax @ AX '12 (6/30/12)
    - "Also sounds like someone else might have #gosick too."

Licensed in Australia by Madman Entertainment (series released in 2 subtitled only DVD sets).

via Madman Entertainment Facebook page (1/4/12)
    - "Madman now that Bandai Entertainment is closing down will Gosick be sub only?"
    - "If another company doesn't pick it up and release it with a dub, then yes. Both shows were originally slated to be subtitled only anyway."
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure | 26 episodes
    - Possible North American licensor: ???
    Code:
    via Anime Limited Twitter (2/6/13)
    - "Wish it were us, but we've no idea who it is in fact!"

via Manga UK Twitter (2/4/13)
    - "why not try JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? It's a mix of everything AND has its fair share of graphic violence! ...I want it licensed :("
    - " I hear that someone may be releasing that here later this year. It's not us BTW. >JM"
    Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) | 26 episodes
    - Possible North American licensor: Sentai Filmworks,...
    Code:
    via Sentai Filmwork dealers room @ Anime Weekend Atlanta (9/28/12)
    - "Could not confirm nor deny gosick and nichijou however he hinted at them having nichijou."

via NIS America Industry Panel @ AX '12 (6/30/12)
    14:45:50 <bay|AX|NISA> Q: Can you bring over Nichijou?
    14:46:08 <bay|AX|NISA> A: I can't say that.....
    14:46:11 <bay|AX|NISA> I think I know who took
    14:46:17 <bay|AX|NISA> I think it was taken by someone

via to_aru_Oni @ AX '12 (6/30/12)
    - "Good news #Penguindrum and #Nochijou fans! Confirmed by @NISAmerica that current companies in the US do have them! #AnimeExpo2012"

via ultimatemegax @ AX '12 ( 6/30/12)
    - "The same person also confirmed that someone has rights to Penguindrum and #nichijou (not Bandai)."

via Madman Entertainment Facebook page (10/28/12)
    - "Hi, I was just wondering if you guys have any idea when Nichijou - My Ordinary Life is going to be released (or if it's ever going to be released for that matter). I've been waiting for news regarding that show for a long time and frankly, I'm starting to get a bit worried."
    - "Hello, we are aiming for a March release at the moment but stay tuned for the official announcement."

via Madman Entertainment Facebook page (9/6/12)
    - "Madman, I've seen that you'll eventually release Nichijou on DVD. Is there any possibility of a Blu-Ray release as well? I'd love to watch the animation at the highest quality!"
    - "Unlikely since at the moment we're looking at a subtitled only release."

via Madman Entertainment Facebook page (8/29/12)
    - "Hi Madman, can you please tell me when will you be releasing Nichijou?"
    - "Not until next year at the earliest"

- "Do yous have a release date for this yet"
    - "no we don't have a release date for this yet. We will know more in a few months time. If it looks like there will be no dub, then we will just release a subtitled DVD set as soon as possible."

- "Madman now that Bandai Entertainment is closing down will Gosick be sub only?"
    - "Nichijou as well!!??"
    - "If another company doesn't pick it up and release it with a dub, then yes. Both shows [Nichijou & Gosick] were originally slated to be subtitled only anyway."

via Madman Entertainment (6/23/11)
    - "No details or firm release dates are set for these, however we will bring you more news as it becomes available."

>>> Possibilities for ??? <<<

Hyouka | 22 episodes
    - Possible North American licensor: Sentai Filmworks, ???
    Code:
    via Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel @ Anime Weekend Atlanta (9/28/12)
    - "He was quite a bit then went into a discussion about asking for titles they havent announced."
    - "They might have hyouka but we'll see."
    - "they said neither confirm nor deny on Hyouka."
    Last edited by WTK; 05-16-2016, 12:00 AM.

Re: 1 &amp; Only License Rumors &amp; Speculations Thread

One Piece Season 6 and One Piece Film Z

One Piece Season 5 and 6

Season 5 (Episodes 264 – 336) will span the entire Enies Lobby Arc, as the Straw Hat Pirates continue their battle with CP9, and ends with the Ice Hunter Arc.

Season 6 (Episodes 337 – 451) marks the beginning of the Thriller Bark Arc and follows the Luffy and the gang all the way to the end of the Impel Down Arc.

This extremely popular series is based on the manga by Oda Eiichiro and follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and his band of Straw Hat Pirates. The series is currently into its 556th episode. Fans can watch the simulcast episodes Saturdays at 10:00 pm EST on www.onepieceofficial.com .

Fans can look for One Piece Season 5 to hit DVD in the summer of 2013, with Season 6 right behind it in the summer of 2014.

But that’s not all for One Piece fans! FUNimation Entertainment also announced the acquisition of two One Piece feature length films, One Piece Film: Strong World and One Piece Film Z.

One Piece Film: Strong World takes place between the Thriller bark and Sabaody Archipelago Arcs as the Straw Hats Pirates return to their hometowns in East Blue to face off against the infamous, Golden Lion Shiki. When Shiki abducts Nami to use as his personal navigator, the Straw Hats must place their very lives on the line to save her.

One Piece Film Z is the upcoming feature length film set to be release in Japan on December 15, 2012 When a mysterious and deadly weapon of the Marines goes missing, it is up to the Straw Hat Pirates to chase down the man who stole it. Little did they know, they would be facing one of their most powerful opponents yet, former Marine Admiral “Z.”

FUNimation Entertainment has yet to announce any information regarding the release of these films.
    Via One Piece Podcast Twitter
    We asked @FUNimation to address rumors today, and they reiterated that S 5 and Strong World are the only two announcements they have for OP.

Comment

Should the possibility of Bakuman becoming a Viz title be mentioned?
      Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

One Piece and Bakuman added to the list. The One Piece info was from the mismatching PR that FUNimation had provided. I probably won't hear anything more on this until summer con season in 2013.

Comment

http://www.madman.com.au/news/title-...supanova-expo/

The rest of Hellsing Ultimate has been licensed by Madman Entertainment. I guess it's just a matter of time before a FUNimation announcement.
          A third and final collection featuring episode IX and the extended 67 minute final episode will be released at a yet to be determined future date.
          K-ON! Movie has been licensed by Madman Entertainment as well. Home video release sometime in 2013. This one is pretty much penciled in for Sentai Filmworks.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            http://www.madman.com.au/news/title-...supanova-expo/

The rest of Hellsing Ultimate has been licensed by Madman Entertainment. I guess it's just a matter of time before a FUNimation announcement.
            A third and final collection featuring episode IX and the extended 67 minute final episode will be released at a yet to be determined future date.
            K-ON! Movie has been licensed by Madman Entertainment as well. Home video release sometime in 2013. This one is pretty much penciled in for Sentai Filmworks.
            Yeah, I'd say those two are pretty much given; it would be a shock if they weren't licensed, honestly.

Comment

I would really like to buy a good release of the GSM movie to go with Sentai's TV series. Have the Jp DVD (& LD) but a Sentai subtitled DVD release would be good too.

Comment

Is there a loose guideline for this thread? Only English speaking regions or can we assume once a title is licensed in another country regardless of language, R1 companies now have the option to also bid for the license?

Is it worth adding Ikki Tousen in Kyoto?
                http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...yoto-%28OVA%29

Possible North American licensor: FUNimation

And Beelzebub?

http://www.fandompost.com/2012/03/31...-acquisitions/

Of particular interest is the news that “Manga would like to license Beelzebub, but believes it has been licensed by either Kaze or MVM for the UK.”
                Possible North American licensor: FUNimation, Sentai Filmworks, Viz Media?

I hope Funimation gets it.

Sentai's talent pool is too small for a show with lots of characters (I don't like multicasting since only a few VAs are good at it)
                Viz would probably be a non-union dub = no proper cast credits (which I hate) and there's usually some consistency issues for big shows they dub where there are sudden cast changes for some characters

Funimation has cast a lot of new VAs recently so I'd look forward to hearing more of a few of them plus some of my favorite veterans (e.g. Jamie Marchi is LONG overdue for a proper lead role in a shonen series so I hope she voices Hilda; a show, a character & VA I actually care about which rarely happens...)

Comment

Originally posted by framefreeze100 View Post
                  Is there a loose guideline for this thread?
                  Anything that resembled on the first post.
                  Only English speaking regions or can we assume once a title is licensed in another country regardless of language, R1 companies now have the option to also bid for the license?
                  What other non-English speaking territories license holds very little to what gets licensed in North America. It can mean that the license is available outside Japan. But the problem is that there are additional parameters such as English speaking or not, Region A or B or C.
                  Ikki Tousen in Kyoto?
                  Not adding that. What's licensed in Germany typically don't have any correlation with North American license.
                  Beelzebub?
                  Not adding it either. If it's formally announced in the UK, I'll add it.

Comment

Originally posted by framefreeze100 View Post
                    Sentai's talent pool is too small for a show with lots of characters (I don't like multicasting since only a few VAs are good at it)
                    The Seraphim talent pool is undoubtedly bigger lately, with quite a few fresh names. There's less multicasting in Horizon and Majikoi than I would have expected.

Comment

Hopefully HxH gets picked up, when is the next round of cons and stuff, or is 2012 over and done with?
                      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                        Hopefully HxH gets picked up, when is the next round of cons and stuff, or is 2012 over and done with?
                        Con season appears to be over, though there is still potential for some surprise announcements coming up.

Comment

Rurouni Kenshin - New Kyoto Arc knocked off from the list. What will be next?

- When will K-ON! Movie be announced?
                          - What about Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (OVA)? Who ever has this probably has the inside track of rescuing Seasons 1 & 2.

Comment

With Sentai Filmworks licensing their simulcast licenses this week, what other announcement could they reveal next week (and possibly beyond)?

Potential upcoming Sentai Filmworks licenses (based on listed publishers @ Crunchyroll)

Showgate
                            - Cuticle Detective Inaba (http://www.crunchyroll.com/cuticle-detective-inaba)

Kadokawa Pictures Inc.
                            - Maoyu (http://www.crunchyroll.com/maoyu)
                            - Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? (http://www.crunchyroll.com/problem-c...rld-arent-they)
                            - Student Councils Discretion / Student Councils Discretion Level 2 (http://www.crunchyroll.com/seitokai-...ils-discretion)

King Record Company Limited
                            - AKB0048: next stage (http://www.crunchyroll.com/akb0048-next-stage)

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                              With Sentai Filmworks licensing their simulcast licenses this week, what other announcement could they reveal next week (and possibly beyond)?

Potential upcoming Sentai Filmworks licenses (based on listed publishers @ Crunchyroll)

Showgate
                              - Cuticle Detective Inaba (http://www.crunchyroll.com/cuticle-detective-inaba)

Kadokawa Pictures Inc.
                              - Maoyu (http://www.crunchyroll.com/maoyu)
                              - Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? (http://www.crunchyroll.com/problem-c...rld-arent-they)
                              - Student Councils Discretion / Student Councils Discretion Level 2 (http://www.crunchyroll.com/seitokai-...ils-discretion)

King Record Company Limited
                              - AKB0048: next stage (http://www.crunchyroll.com/akb0048-next-stage)
                              yeah your probably right, you know they should just announced it already that they have got all those shows you mention, like right now lol,
                              i think they also pick up "The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke" is spinoff zettai karen children right, also the publisher is tv tokyo so idk ^^

Here hoping they announced Hyouka next week
                              Last edited by Skyreno; 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X