Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Widgets Magazine
    PR
    SANTA MONICA, CA (May 28, 2011) – Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that its breakout anime hit show Durarara!! will make its U.S. network television debut on Adult Swim in June. The 26-episode Durarara!! series is slated to air during the cable network’s Saturday evening programming block, strengthening an already robust line-up of popular anime shows. Subsequent episodes (in English language dub) thereafter will be made available online through AdultSwim.com.

Adult Swim matches up perfectly with such an unpredictable show like Durarara!!” says Hideki Goto, president of Aniplex of America. “We are very excited with this opportunity. We hope many more people will have chance to watch Durarara!!.”
    via ANN
    Durarara!! Premieres on U.S. Adult Swim on June 25/26
    posted on 2011-06-10 17:29 EDT

The Adult Swim network's online schedule lists the American television premiere of Durarara!! late night on June 25 (effectively early morning on June 26). It will have with airings at 12:30 a.m. and 04:30 a.m. EDT/PDT. (Both showings are after Bleach.)
    Last edited by WTK; 06-10-2011, 06:37 PM.

Re: [TV] Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June

Best TV related news I've heard in a long, long time. I'll be watched for sure since I didn't when the series first came out.

Comment

A pleasant surprise to see this on Adult Swim (or any anime on TV). The slot is likely replacing Kekkaishi. I may still watch it again even though I have the DVDs with Part 3 on route to me.

Comment

This is cool news. Hopefully it will be (a relative) success for Adult Swim. I don't have cable anymore, but I will look forward to watching it on AdultSwim.com. I haven't seen the dub yet.

Comment

Well, this is a good news for the anime industry. Good for Aniplex!

Comment

Very Cool, Aniplex!
            Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Very nice. Since I'm waiting for a BD release, this gives me a chance to see it with the dub.
              Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Nice one, Aniplex! Finally, a great anime on American TV that didn't just get on there because it's related to an earlier anime. Of course I have the first two sets and the third one just shipped, but this is something that really deserves mainstream attention, so I'm really happy for it.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Definitely cool to hear right after the Syfy thing. Too bad I don't have cable--I'd actually have something to watch.
                  Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Good to see CN/AS pick up some new quality anime.

Comment

So it turns out that Durarara, and not Inuyasha the Final Act, was the third title Adult Swim acquired. I knew it would come on TV someday, though I thought that SyFy was the obvious choice until the channel pulled the plug on its anime block. Kekkaishi finishes up tonight, so it's great timing. I am so looking forward to this.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

give only wonder time slot issue give we know as history of anime time slot include put anime in early morning with anyone barely awake?

either way the fandom are rejoice this anime will be on tv.

(p.s. just to ask how it dub version does?)
                        LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
                        ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
                        WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
                        MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Comment

I wonder if the broadcast will include the two DVD-only episodes.
                          Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Originally posted by LKK View Post
                            I wonder if the broadcast will include the two DVD-only episodes.
                            The PR noted 26 episodes, so you should be safe there.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              So it turns out that Durarara, and not Inuyasha the Final Act, was the third title Adult Swim acquired.
                              I'm not entirely convinced this is the case. It seems to me like too much time has passed for the two licensing announcements to be related, unless the PR says as much.
                              My animé & figure collections
                              Hummingbird
                              || Tweeterings
                              XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...