Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27CansOfTuna
    replied
    was hoping for a set release of the other drrr seasons.

Leave a comment:

• t-Roy
    replied
    I have the Aniplex Lunch Box set for Season 1, so nothing was going to match that on the shelf, so I went ahead and bought all the singles for Season 2. I don't mind Aniplex series singles at all, and have bought a slew of them. The nice thing about the singles is that I can fit them all into easy-to-open, clear P.E.T. plastic box protectors, instead of struggling with hard-to-manage resealable plastic bags or keeping the shrink-wrap on and slitting an access "door" on the open side to get the contents out. They look pretty awesome all lined up on the shelf in those sleek-looking box protectors!

Leave a comment:

• Mach Rider
    replied
    I actually had no idea what the episode count was, but the point is that I want a box set to match Season 1. I've never bought Aniplex singles and never will. Still waiting on SAO Season 2 box set and a myriad of others as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied
    At the very least, I hope people's objections come from the usual "Aniplex is too expensive no matter what" point of view, and not from some mistaken concept of the content involved here (i.e., season 2 is 39 episodes of content, thus dividing that over 6 singles is in line with most of their other releases, so I'm not sure what the issue is here unless someone thinks we're talking about like 24 episodes or something).

Leave a comment:

• Mach Rider
    replied
    Yep, same here. Not buying six singles, get that shit out of here. Have the first season set and love it. I typically have no problem paying Aniplex prices, but only for box sets.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied
    Same here. Would love to have gotten the second season, but 6 singles? Hell no. Hope this leads to a rerelease in at least 3 box set if not a full S2 set.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    I would have gotten this if it matched the awesomeness of the first season release, but nope. At the bare minimum it gets released in three chipboard boxes, but nope it got six singles released in the same way Aniplex typically release stuff. Hopefully, they can re-release with something that matches the first season boxset.

Leave a comment:

• Art-chan
    replied
    Bought the Blu during last holiday sale. YAY!!!! But this is something that screams, "Release a box set!" 6 singles is crazy!

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Noted as OOP from a TRSI email blast earlier today...https://www.rightstufanime.com/categ...t%20of%20print

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 3 Blu-Ray
    Retail Price: $99.98
    Your Price: $79.98

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 3 DVD
    Retail Price: $59.98
    Your Price: $49.98

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 4 Blu-Ray

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 4 DVD

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 5 Blu-Ray

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 5 DVD

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 6 Blu-Ray

Durarara!! X 2 Volume 6 DVD

Durarara X 2 Blu-Ray 1

Durarara X 2 Blu-Ray 2

Durarara X 2 DVD 1

Durarara X 2 DVD 2

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Per Right Stuf email blast:
    Out of Print!
    & Flying Off the Shelves...
    Once They're Gone, They're Gone!
    Durarara X 2 DVD 1 (https://www.rightstufanime.com/Durar...2-DVD-Volume-1)

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    I wonder what their plan will be now for the first season. The LEs went OOP, and then the SE that's essentially the LE without the lunchbox and the chipboard box replaced with something less sturdy got released not too long ago. In the meantime, there's season 2 that still has a ways to go before thinking about re-releasing.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Noted as OOP per TRSI's late promo email blast...

- Durarara!! Box Set Blu-ray https://www.rightstufanime.com/Durar...Series-Set-Hyb
    It didn't last long after the notice.
    Out of Print. Click below to be notified by e-mail when product is in stock.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Noted as OOP per TRSI's late promo email blast...

- Durarara!! Box Set Blu-ray https://www.rightstufanime.com/Durar...Series-Set-Hyb

Leave a comment:

• Art-chan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Great to have the soundtrack coming out, but unlike with the Monogatari one, this one includes a DVD and not a BD, which means it's unplayable in America.
    I play all of my region 2 DVDs on my laptop. There's also region free players out there, but you have to know where to look. But yeah--it's a little surprising that the bonus disc is a region 2 DVD instead of a region free Blu-Ray. [On most music imports I've bought Japanese Blu-Rays have usually been region free.]

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Great to have the soundtrack coming out, but unlike with the Monogatari one, this one includes a DVD and not a BD, which means it's unplayable in America.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X