Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Durarara!!

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    BD LE down to 49 copies already. It's looking like this will out very soon.

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa0704
    And now it's currently sold out!

Comment

BD LE down to 49 copies already. It's looking like this will out very soon.

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa0704
      And now it's currently sold out!
      Good thing I grabbed one around 38 qty this morning then!
      Last edited by Sylontack; 12-09-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Was holding out, but glad I got one before they sold out. I wonder what AoA has planned for the series now that they aren't printing any more copies. Standard edition re-release maybe? Doubt it will stay OOP with the 2nd season fast approaching us. Can't wait to receive my copy and check it out in all it's glory (most likely will just put it on my shelf with all my other titles and have the lunchbox stored away ).
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
          Was holding out, but glad I got one before they sold out. I wonder what AoA has planned for the series now that they aren't printing any more copies. Standard edition re-release maybe? Doubt it will stay OOP with the 2nd season fast approaching us. Can't wait to receive my copy and check it out in all it's glory (most likely will just put it on my shelf with all my other titles and have the lunchbox stored away ).
          If they do a standard edition I'll probably be a little annoyed because I'd rather that over the lunchbox in fear of the lunchbox damaging the box.
          I'm really scared of that metal box.
          Last edited by Sylontack; 12-09-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Has anyone complained about damage to the set on the inside, I don't recall?

I didn't think I'd double dip after getting the JP set when it was released but the word "closeout" and seeing the counter start at 100, I just pulled the trigger around 88 copies left.

I really need some winning "lottery numbers" with this hobby of mine I have...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

I didn't think I'd double dip after getting the JP set when it was released but the word "closeout" and seeing the counter start at 100, I just pulled the trigger around 88 copies left.

Mine came without any problems. It's well-padded inside, so only under extreme conditions is there going to be any damage on the interior of this.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

Mine came without any problems. It's well-padded inside, so only under extreme conditions is there going to be any damage on the interior of this.
                Yeah, mine arrived in mint condition as well.
                "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

Good to know Thank you...

Finger's crossed those "extreme conditions" doesn't happen with the holiday season and the volume of packages and deliveries out there.

Comment

TRSI will likely ship it in one of their sturdy boxes with the inner separator box.

On top of that, the lunchbox has a thick section of foam in it to secure the inner Durarara box set, so it won't shift around at all.

You may want to watch an unboxing vid on youtube, there are at least two of them out there. I did prior to placing the order as I had the same concerns as you.

Edit: and wow, that sold out fast!

Comment

So out of curiosity, what plans do each of you have for the lunchbox? Actually using it, displaying it in the kitchen, keeping the whole set together and displaying it that way, or just putting it off to the side. Excited to receive mine and only minus for this release that I can think of would be the no signs/songs subtitle track for the dub.
                      My Anime List
                      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by stfram View Post
                        TRSI will likely ship it in one of their sturdy boxes with the inner separator box.

On top of that, the lunchbox has a thick section of foam in it to secure the inner Durarara box set, so it won't shift around at all.

You may want to watch an unboxing vid on youtube, there are at least two of them out there. I did prior to placing the order as I had the same concerns as you.

Edit: and wow, that sold out fast!
                        I watched a couple last year, I remembered the foam but not if it was form fitting around the set or not? I don't think it was but it should be fine.

When it was on sale last xmas I was expecting a counter and surprised it never happened.

After WTK announced it was in closeout I kept checking for a counter hoping I could pick this up in January but once it went on sale the counter came up at 100.

Comment

I watched a couple last year, I remembered the foam but not if it was form fitting around the set or not? I don't think it was but it should be fine.
                          It's on top of the box, and very thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                            So out of curiosity, what plans do each of you have for the lunchbox? Actually using it, displaying it in the kitchen, keeping the whole set together and displaying it that way, or just putting it off to the side.
                            I'm going to put my Aniplex Durarara DVD sets inside mine, and keep the BD box outside on my anime BD shelves.

Comment

This is actually my second copy, I've heard no complaints about damage but I have had it happen to me with this set , just an unlucky moment I think. I'm replacing that set with this one but I'm trusting that I probably won't have an issue because it sounds like I just got the short end that time around.
                              Last edited by Sylontack; 12-10-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

There are 5 more copies if anyone is looking for one.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X