Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

http://www.durarara2usa.com/

Overview:
    - Durarara!!x2 Shou - 1st cour | January 2015
    - Durarara!!x2 Ten - 2nd cour | planned for July 2015
    - Durarara!!x2 Ketsu - 3rd cour | planned for winter 2016

Coming this January!
    - Aniplex Channel
    - Hulu
    - Crunchyroll

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 19, 2014

Aniplex of America has Acquired DURARARA!! X 2

The gang is back in Ikebukuro this January and they’re ready to make trouble!

SANTA MONICA, CA (November 19, 2014) – This winter, fans of the DURARARA!! animated series are in for a real treat. Aniplex of America, Inc. has announced on their Aniplex Live Show that they have acquired DURARARA!! X 2 and is set to simulcast starting in January 2015. Five years after this sensational series originally aired, the colorful members are back on the streets of Ikebukuro for their highly-anticipated sequel. Fans will enjoy this extended tale through 3 separate installments. The first installment will begin its simulcast schedule this January and will be available for fans to stream on Hulu (www.hulu.com) and Crunchyroll (www.crunchyroll.com). The start date and time of the streaming schedule will be announced at a later date. Aniplex of America, Inc. had also announced that their official English homepage for DURARARA!! X 2 will launch today at: www.DurararaUSA.com where fans can enjoy details on this upcoming series including detailed character descriptions and an English subtitled trailer.

DURARARA!! X 2 is an anime adaptation based on the light novel series created by author Ryohgo Narita. Takahiro Omori will once again be directing alongside many members from the previous series. The studio shuka will be responsible for the animation production and this will be its first major project.

About DURARARA!! X 2

“6 Months Later…We haven’t changed at all… or it seems….”

Half a year after the turmoil that rocked the entire city of Ikebukuro—

Peace has once again returned to the city and people are living each day normally. The high school students enjoy their days of youth as the strongest and most dangerous man of Ikebukuro works diligently. The informant plots a new scheme and the headless rider is pursued by the cops as she rides through the night…But soon this normal will be cut short by the abnormal. Slowly but surely, the unknown will seize the city and face an all new storm.
    Last edited by WTK; 11-19-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

Wow, the second season gets its own dedicated domain.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Not that I was expecting otherwise, but good to see the CR streaming confirmed.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

DURARARA!! X 2 Streaming Announcement Trailer

Comment

• Re: Durarara!!

Now in closeout items section @ TRSI (no counter yet):

Durarara!! Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) Lunch Box Limited Edition - Your Price: $149.98 (You Save 22%)
            Last edited by WTK; 12-05-2014, 12:17 AM. Reason: fix URL

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

Durarara!! Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) Lunch Box Limited Edition - Your Price: $149.98 (You Save 22%)
              Part of the Day 5 holiday deal. The price is down to $129.98 (32% off).

Comment

^ That's the same price it was last year at this time, according to my order history. Not great, but for Aniplex, that IS a discount.

Comment

As of this post, the counter is now at 89.

Comment

Well, shoot. I guess I should buy one or two, at least.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                      Was at 82 when I checked, now 81 due to me. Counters make me pull out my wallet. This was on my "buy eventually" list, and now eventually has arrived!

Hayate should buy the rest so he can build an awesome fort in his living room.

It'll be interesting to see how long these stay in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by stfram View Post
                        Counters make me pull out my wallet. This was on my "buy eventually" list, and now eventually has arrived!
                        Exactly the same for me. I've decided to put down the cash and buy it.
                        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

This product has been out for two years, and now the counter has finally appeared. Compared to other releases by Aniplex, the price tag isn't so bad. This is the ideal release by Aniplex, and it's a shame that they have been really getting away from it.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
                          Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
                          Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I just hate that counters tend to always appear around christmas for releases I'm interested in. Worst time every time
                            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by stfram View Post
                              Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                              Was at 82 when I checked, now 81 due to me. Counters make me pull out my wallet. This was on my "buy eventually" list, and now eventually has arrived!

Hayate should buy the rest so he can build an awesome fort in his living room.
                              But now there are only 61! That's not enough for a fort! I've missed my great opportunity!

Well, just a couple might be good enough anyway. That satisfies my Konata-esque compulsion at least. And I can try to look at it as being so cheap relative to the Japanese release I already own.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

BD LE down to 49 copies already. It's looking like this will out very soon.

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa0704

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X