Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Durarara!!

Originally posted by Nork22 View Post
    I've put a preorder in and since I live outside of the USA, I'll see if RS will reject it. I think the disclaimer is there to stop anyone from Japan from buying it.
    Yes as it was as originally the notice used to say how they couldn't ship Aniplex USA products to Japan. Now they're shutting out everyone outside of North America as their license to these shows is obviously only in North America.
    Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC

Comment

Well, I guess I should go sell off those DRRR! DVDs to help offset the cost to buy this Blu-Ray set.

The ones that I haven't watched yet.

I was suspecting it woud be priced at that range, but I still couldn't help but cringe a little when I saw it.

Oh yeah, I still have to pre-order the Fate/Zero S2 set too.

God, there goes my money.
      Avatar: The dashing Shizuku Kanzaki, from The Drops of God.

May it rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Nylock View Post
        I held off from buying the DVDs since I saw the show on CR and was hoping for a BD release. Now they've announced it, but I can't buy it. I hope this is because of a UK release but I really doubt it (although Madoka Magica got restricted to US/Canada after volume 1 and a UK release was announced).
        The UK DVDs were sub-only so there's probably a bigger market for it than there would be a regular BD re-release.

Comment

via PR...
          FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 1, 2012

Aniplex of America announces Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set on
          October 30th , 2012

This October, Durarara!! is coming back in a Blu-Ray Box set that
          is a can’t miss!

SANTA MONICA, CA (August 1, 2012) – Recently at their panel at Otakon in Baltimore, Aniplex of America Inc. announced that the hit anime series Durarara!! will be released in a Limited Edition BD Lunch box Set on October 30th, 2012 and will be available through anime distributor RightStuf.com and official retailers (http://aniplexusa.com/retailers/). Available only in a limited quantity, this highly anticipated release is another example of the company’s objective to bring the highest quality experience for the North American fans. The Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box set features the entire series (24 TV episodes +2 OVAs) on 5 Blu-Ray Discs, an exclusive booklet featuring bonus interviews and artwork, a double sided poster and other bonus extras. This release is a US and Canada Exclusive and available while supplies last.

Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set features:

<BD Features and Bonus Contents>
          • Video: 16:9 HD Widescreen / 1920×1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
          • Audio: Japanese dialog / Linear PCM / Stereo 48KHz/16bit
          • Audio: English Dialog/ Linear PCM / Stereo 48KHz/16bit
          • Subtitles: English and Japanese
          • Includes 5 Blu-ray discs, Total length of more than 624 minutes!!
          • Comes with Exclusive Lunch Box
          • Bonus Videos: Textless Openings and Endings
          • Deluxe Booklet
          • Double Sided Poster

The Durarara Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set can be pre-ordered and purchased at: Rightstuf.com

Product number and UPC bar code
          Street Date SKU # UPC SRP Store price
          October 30th, 2012 AOA-0704 850527003219 $189.98 $149.98

For detailed information on the Durarara Limited Edition BD Lunch Box set and to view the official trailer, visit: www.DurararaUSA.com

Comment

With this coming out next week, I wonder about the disc count. With Bakemono and Garden of the Sinners looking to be mirror images of their Japanese counterparts, this set is five discs, as opposed to six discs that is the Japanese release. I will be posting screengrabs of this set, and a video unboxing when I get mine.
            Last edited by Library-chan; 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM.
            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Im dying to see this. Hope it ships so I can get it release date.
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                this set is five discs, as opposed to six discs that is the Japanese release.
                Nine discs actually. You'll be missing out on the Durara Lovers live event and three drama CDs. None of which have subtitles or would make sense in an English language release anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by progress View Post
                  Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                  this set is five discs, as opposed to six discs that is the Japanese release.
                  Nine discs actually. You'll be missing out on the Durara Lovers live event and three drama CDs. None of which have subtitles or would make sense in an English language release anyway.
                  Was the sixth disc just the live event then?
                  Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Yeah, I had a look at it just before my earlier post.

--edit

also:
                    Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                    Originally posted by Nork22 View Post
                    I've put a preorder in and since I live outside of the USA, I'll see if RS will reject it. I think the disclaimer is there to stop anyone from Japan from buying it.
                    Yes as it was as originally the notice used to say how they couldn't ship Aniplex USA products to Japan. Now they're shutting out everyone outside of North America as their license to these shows is obviously only in North America.
                    Had a chat with a minion:
                    Originally posted by minion
                    we are required to put that exact wording on our website, which is confusing because it does not say that we can ship anywhere else. But by law, we must word it like that.
                    The conclusion was they will ship outside of US/Canada. Note the chat was not about Durarara specifically, but another AoA product, but I expect the contract terms for all Aniplex stuff to be the same.
                    Last edited by progress; 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Found out that the Blu-ray cases will be housed in a chipboard box.

Thank you very much for your inquiry. In regards to your question, Durarara!! will be cased in a Chipboard box. Hopefully this helps. Thank you.

Regards,

The Aniplex Guy
                      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Looks like Rightstuf is now shipping the title.

Comment

How many subtitle tracks are included? I remember a fair bit of Japanese text in the series. Is there a track specifically for those?

Comment

Originally posted by jfs_87 View Post
                            How many subtitle tracks are included? I remember a fair bit of Japanese text in the series. Is there a track specifically for those?
                            There are only two subtitle tracks and neither one is dedicated to just translate Japanese text/signs unfortunately.
                            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

How inconvenient. I'm sure most anime fans would love to know that they are getting Japanese discs, but as someone who enjoys the dub, this will be difficult to watch. I do wish this news had been known beforehand. The approach at keeping the discs the same as the Japanese feels like little effort went into this. I surely couldn't have been that hard to print new discs designed for English speakers could it?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X