Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Durarara!!

I'll probably skip out on this, and wait for the re-released edition like Baccano, simply because I could care less about the extras in the LE (the lunchbox doesn't intrigue me whatsoever)

Comment

$150 is on the high end of what I was expecting. I'll see what the verdict is first on whether it will have a signs/songs only subtitle track before I decide to buy it or wait for a re-release.

Does Aniplex still lower the discount after the street date passes?
      Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Well I went ahead and preordered...why is rightstuf's system so archaic, have to manually contact just to change orders, etc...unlike AMZN.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
          $150 is on the high end of what I was expecting. I'll see what the verdict is first on whether it will have a signs/songs only subtitle track before I decide to buy it or wait for a re-release.

Does Aniplex still lower the discount after the street date passes?
          They have not done so with any recent releases.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Nice for those that want it. I have the UK DVD release and didn't like the series enough to feel like double-dipping on it.
            Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
            Currently Watching: UN-GO
            [Collection March '12]

Comment

$150? Cue more Aniplex USA pricing complaints in 3...2...1...

Though anyway, that's about what I expected, it's the DVD MSRP. I wonder how long this specific set will last as now with the clearer and bigger images of it, I really want it. Garden of Sinners and Fate/Zero 2 are going to get in the way in the Fall.
              Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC

Comment

I've been waiting for this release since the dates for the DVDs were announced! This is the second time I've had a day 1 preorder.
                "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by bluesilo View Post
                  I still had two boxsets of this to pick up at 100$, so I might just spend the money on the Blu-ray set instead. Not sure I wanted to spend more than 100$ on this though.
                  I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't mind getting this release instead of buying the last two DVD sets, but I definitely don't want to spend $150. I really don't like the lunchbox packaging though, so I'm willing to wait for a possibly cheaper BD re-release like Baccano!.
                  Avatar: Light Yagami (Death Note) in Nendoroid form.
                  Watching: ERASED [Crunchyroll], Your Lie in April [Netflix], Dragon Ball Kai, Hunter x Hunter [Toonami]
                  On Hiatus: Too much to list...

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

Due to licensing restrictions, this product can only be shipped to the United States and Canada.

I held off from buying the DVDs since I saw the show on CR and was hoping for a BD release. Now they've announced it, but I can't buy it. I hope this is because of a UK release but I really doubt it (although Madoka Magica got restricted to US/Canada after volume 1 and a UK release was announced).
                    Moderator: Anime Recommendations, UK/AU

Comment

Originally posted by Nylock View Post

Due to licensing restrictions, this product can only be shipped to the United States and Canada.

I held off from buying the DVDs since I saw the show on CR and was hoping for a BD release. Now they've announced it, but I can't buy it. I hope this is because of a UK release but I really doubt it (although Madoka Magica got restricted to US/Canada after volume 1 and a UK release was announced).
                      Pretty much everything from them except Fate/Zero is limited to US/Canada now... it absolutely sucks because I can't get the remaining RK BD easily (yes I want the movie) because of this, even though it's really unlikely it'll ever come out here.

Comment

That's about the price I was expecting, and I was prepared to not get it unless it was unexpectedly lower. I like the show, but not enough to spend in the hundreds for a double-dip, especially when I can still watch it in HD online legally.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Gonna wait and see how expensive Bakemonogatari and Garden of Sinners turn out to be. If those end up being too pricy, I'll probably pass on this. Can't burnout my wallet to quickly, can I?

Comment

Originally posted by shokoti View Post
                            Originally posted by Nylock View Post

Pretty much everything from them except Fate/Zero is limited to US/Canada now... it absolutely sucks because I can't get the remaining RK BD easily (yes I want the movie) because of this, even though it's really unlikely it'll ever come out here.
                            I've put a preorder in and since I live outside of the USA, I'll see if RS will reject it. I think the disclaimer is there to stop anyone from Japan from buying it.
                            Last edited by Nork22; 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM.
                            Anime watcher from New Zealand.
                            My Cel Collection | My DVD Collection | MAL Profile

Comment

Well, it costs as much as eight episodes' worth of Madoka LE's, for 26 episodes... (Granted, without quite as many cool stuff to go with it, but still...)

Dang, October's going to be expensive between this, Index, Natsume, and whatever else I feel like getting...
                              Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

Going to pass on this one.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X