Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Durarara!!

Originally posted by Legion View Post
    Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
    That being the case, here is where I warn/remind folks that those discs contain one subtitle track, with full subtitles for dialogue, signs and subs. This means that when watching the dub, if you want to know what the chat room and cell phone text says, and it's one of the situations where the characters are not narrating that text as it appears, then you either have to turn those full subtitles on, or go without. So, unless AoA's license also includes the option to add a signs+songs track and reauthor the discs, that's the minor inconvenience that folks should expect.
    Is it possible that the release could be modified slightly to include a limited subtitle track, while still otherwise mirroring the Japanese discs? IIRC the Read or Die BD only has the dub on the Japanese version and subtitles were added to the U.S. version while still otherwise being the same. Or am I off base here?
    I sent Aniplex USA an email asking about it.
    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by SRanger View Post
      Good thing I passed on the import..I'm sure those that bought might be regretting it right now.
      Only very slightly regretting it, since it wasn't completely unexpected (after all, it happened with Baccano!). The Japanese packaging is lovely, and I'm underwhelmed by the lunch box.

Comment

Good thing I passed on the import..I'm sure those that bought might be regretting it right now.
        Not me. I do love me some fancy packaging and extras, after all.

And besides, this is how these things work. There always has to be a few sacrificial buyers who decide to import a given release rather than suffering the uncertainty of waiting, because the act of doing so will then result in a cheaper domestic release of some sort manifesting shortly thereafter.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
          Not me. I do love me some fancy packaging and extras, after all.

And besides, this is how these things work. There always has to be a few sacrificial buyers who decide to import a given release rather than suffering the uncertainty of waiting, because the act of doing so will then result in a cheaper domestic release of some sort manifesting shortly thereafter.
          The artwork is very nice and the packaging blows the lunch box and american release out of the water, but my wallet would never forgive me, haha

Comment

I don't regret buying the Japanese import either, the fact that it contains the "Durarara!! in Nakano" live event and 3 drama CDs makes it much more worthwhile than the American release

Comment

When will this show up to preorder? I dont want to miss my chance to get it?
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

It's now up @ TRSI.

- Date Available - Oct 30 2012
                - Retail Price: $189.98
                - Your Price: $149.98

EDIT: the listing had the wrong release date; the correct date is October 30th.
                Last edited by WTK; 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

189$ for msrp? OUCH! It is harsh when we consider this a normal release for a company.:angry:

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    It's now up @ TRSI.

- Date Available - Oct 23 2012
                    That's about what I had expected (somewhere in the ballpark of the Read or Die BD set). I didn't think there was any possible way they would price this below $100.00.

With that said, it's still a maybe for now. I have seen the series at least three times (CR, AoA DVDs, and via AS). I'm not really sure if I want to double dip at this time. I will think about it more as the days get closer to the actual release date.

Comment

It's now up @ TRSI.

- Date Available - Oct 23 2012
                      That's about what I had expected (somewhere in the ballpark of the Read or Die BD set). I didn't think there was any possible way they would price this below $100.00.
                      There wasn't any way they were even going to price it below $150 MSRP ($149.94 is the total MSRP for the three DVD volumes/sets). They weren't going to underprice themselves, particularly not when the DVD version has been such a slow seller. I know anything above $100 is outrageous and too much for some people, but given the circumstances, this is the most reasonable price that could be expected.

Anyway, I've already preordered a set, despite not needing one, just because that's how I roll.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

It's now up @ TRSI.

- Date Available - Oct 30 2012
                        This limited edition is packed inside an exclusive Durarara!! lunchbox and includes a deluxe booklet and a double-sided poster.

Contains episodes 1-24 plus bonus episodes 12.5 and 25.

Special Features: Textless Openings and Endings.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Due to licensing restrictions, this product can only be shipped to the United States and Canada.
                        Last edited by WTK; 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

$150 is around what I was expecting for a domestic BD set of Durarara!! I won't be pre-ordering this far ahead of release, but I will most likely be getting it.
                          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I wonder how "limited" this set will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidnes View Post
                              I wonder how "limited" this set will be.
                              Baccano was limited, but got re-released so I doubt you really have to worry if someone were not to have the money at the time.

Comment

I still had two boxsets of this to pick up at 100$, so I might just spend the money on the Blu-ray set instead. Not sure I wanted to spend more than 100$ on this though.
                                Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
                                Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X