Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [TV] Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June

That's awesome for Aniplex! Hopefully this will pay off for them, and the eventual BDs won't be too expensive over here.
    "Here we have an X-ray of a goat. Hm... looks like rain."

Comment

I'm already collecting the DVDs, but this is still great news! I hope it brings in more fans.

Comment

I like to think I'm positive but I can't see too many people getting into Durarara!! because it going to get the Adult Swim treatment Saturday night after 12:30am technicality Sunday morning no advertising. When it comes to most anime on Adult Swim isn't it pay to play, meaning Aniplex pays AS to air their show that they didn't solicit or take any interest in what so ever. Well Adult Swim doesn't edit as much and doesn't hack job the show like Sy-Fy

One would think anime fans have given up on Adult Swim, but it seems there is a lot of positive feedback here about Durarara!! airing. Is the positive response for the content - Durarara!! - itself (which I think is good) or is it for Adult Swim decision to air it?

Comment

Originally posted by ResistNormal View Post
          I like to think I'm positive but I can't see too many people getting into Durarara!! because it going to get the Adult Swim treatment Saturday night after 12:30am technicality Sunday morning no advertising.
          They do advertise when they get a new series (including anime). However, it'll be limited to the Saturday night block only. There were ads for Kekkaishi, before it started airing.
          Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
          Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Is the positive response for the content - Durarara!! - itself (which I think is good) or is it for Adult Swim decision to air it?
            I don't know about others, but for me, it gives me the chance to legally watch the dub, since I'm curious about it and wasn't really interested enough to buy or rent DVD's. It's nice to see something that's pretty good and not the usual long running shounen fighting series get some airtime on CN. Even if it might not result in much, it's one I think is worth getting a little more exposure.

Comment

Is the positive response for the content - Durarara!! - itself (which I think is good) or is it for Adult Swim decision to air it?
              Definitely about the show, and how Aniplex will most likely benefit from this. And it's good to see new anime get on TV, even if it's thru Adult Swim.
              "Here we have an X-ray of a goat. Hm... looks like rain."

Comment

Durarara is scheduled to start airing on June 25th at 12:30 am Eastern/Pacific.
                Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
                  Durarara is scheduled to start airing on June 25th at 12:30 am Eastern/Pacific.
                  Great. I look forward to watching this on Adult Swim.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                  Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

As a reminder to get your PVRs ready, Durarara begins airing on Adult Swim tonight.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Durarara!!

via PR...
                      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 1, 2012

Aniplex of America announces Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set on
                      October 30th , 2012

This October, Durarara!! is coming back in a Blu-Ray Box set that
                      is a can’t miss!

SANTA MONICA, CA (August 1, 2012) – Recently at their panel at Otakon in Baltimore, Aniplex of America Inc. announced that the hit anime series Durarara!! will be released in a Limited Edition BD Lunch box Set on October 30th, 2012 and will be available through anime distributor RightStuf.com and official retailers (http://aniplexusa.com/retailers/). Available only in a limited quantity, this highly anticipated release is another example of the company’s objective to bring the highest quality experience for the North American fans. The Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box set features the entire series (24 TV episodes +2 OVAs) on 5 Blu-Ray Discs, an exclusive booklet featuring bonus interviews and artwork, a double sided poster and other bonus extras. This release is a US and Canada Exclusive and available while supplies last.

Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set features:

<BD Features and Bonus Contents>
                      • Video: 16:9 HD Widescreen / 1920×1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
                      • Audio: Japanese dialog / Linear PCM / Stereo 48KHz/16bit
                      • Audio: English Dialog/ Linear PCM / Stereo 48KHz/16bit
                      • Subtitles: English and Japanese
                      • Includes 5 Blu-ray discs, Total length of more than 624 minutes!!
                      • Comes with Exclusive Lunch Box
                      • Bonus Videos: Textless Openings and Endings
                      • Deluxe Booklet
                      • Double Sided Poster

The Durarara Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set can be pre-ordered and purchased at: Rightstuf.com

Product number and UPC bar code
                      Street Date SKU # UPC SRP Store price
                      October 30th, 2012 AOA-0704 850527003219 $189.98 $149.98

For detailed information on the Durarara Limited Edition BD Lunch Box set and to view the official trailer, visit: www.DurararaUSA.com
                      Last edited by WTK; 08-02-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Re: Durarara!!

A lunch box? Interesting. I've been holding off on the DVDs hoping they would release a BD set and it looks like that waiting finally paid off.
                        Watching: FMA: Brotherhood, Konosuba, Nanbaka, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece (Toonami), Urusei Yatsura
                        Recently Finished: Coicent, DBZ, Digimon Tri - Chapter 2, One Piece Film: Gold, Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie

Comment

I already have the DVD sets, but I don't think I can resist that lunch box (and it would be nice to have this on BD). I'll most likely be grabbing this.
                          What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

I will have to think if I get it or not...

Comment

Do they still only sell their stuff on right stuff? How does preordering work there?
                              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I will probably get this, although that all depends on the price.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X