Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LKK
    replied
    Re: [TV] Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June

I wonder if the broadcast will include the two DVD-only episodes.

Leave a comment:

• BIG_KLAC_RUSH
    replied

give only wonder time slot issue give we know as history of anime time slot include put anime in early morning with anyone barely awake?

either way the fandom are rejoice this anime will be on tv.

(p.s. just to ask how it dub version does?)

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

So it turns out that Durarara, and not Inuyasha the Final Act, was the third title Adult Swim acquired. I knew it would come on TV someday, though I thought that SyFy was the obvious choice until the channel pulled the plug on its anime block. Kekkaishi finishes up tonight, so it's great timing. I am so looking forward to this.

Leave a comment:

• VinceA
    replied

Good to see CN/AS pick up some new quality anime.

Leave a comment:

• cress2000
    replied

Definitely cool to hear right after the Syfy thing. Too bad I don't have cable--I'd actually have something to watch.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Nice one, Aniplex! Finally, a great anime on American TV that didn't just get on there because it's related to an earlier anime. Of course I have the first two sets and the third one just shipped, but this is something that really deserves mainstream attention, so I'm really happy for it.

Leave a comment:

• chronoclast
    replied

Very nice. Since I'm waiting for a BD release, this gives me a chance to see it with the dub.

Leave a comment:

• deathfromabove1993
    replied

Very Cool, Aniplex!

Leave a comment:

• Shin Seikatsu
    replied

Well, this is a good news for the anime industry. Good for Aniplex!

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

This is cool news. Hopefully it will be (a relative) success for Adult Swim. I don't have cable anymore, but I will look forward to watching it on AdultSwim.com. I haven't seen the dub yet.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

A pleasant surprise to see this on Adult Swim (or any anime on TV). The slot is likely replacing Kekkaishi. I may still watch it again even though I have the DVDs with Part 3 on route to me.

Leave a comment:

• Martinman
    replied

Best TV related news I've heard in a long, long time. I'll be watched for sure since I didn't when the series first came out.

Leave a comment:

• Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

PR
    SANTA MONICA, CA (May 28, 2011) – Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that its breakout anime hit show Durarara!! will make its U.S. network television debut on Adult Swim in June. The 26-episode Durarara!! series is slated to air during the cable network’s Saturday evening programming block, strengthening an already robust line-up of popular anime shows. Subsequent episodes (in English language dub) thereafter will be made available online through AdultSwim.com.

Adult Swim matches up perfectly with such an unpredictable show like Durarara!!” says Hideki Goto, president of Aniplex of America. “We are very excited with this opportunity. We hope many more people will have chance to watch Durarara!!.”
    via ANN
    Durarara!! Premieres on U.S. Adult Swim on June 25/26
    posted on 2011-06-10 17:29 EDT

The Adult Swim network's online schedule lists the American television premiere of Durarara!! late night on June 25 (effectively early morning on June 26). It will have with airings at 12:30 a.m. and 04:30 a.m. EDT/PDT. (Both showings are after Bleach.)
    Last edited by WTK; 06-10-2011, 05:37 PM.
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X