Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
    Simulcast dubs are really taking off now, damn. Viz better step their game up quick before they get lost in the dust. Only them and Sentai left without simulcast dubs, I think?
    Well, it will be tougher for Sentai since their dubs are only available through TAN, which is a separate subscription service. So that means it's not going to reach a wide audience as it would be for Funimation through EVS and now Aniplex through Crunchyroll.
    That and considering how rushed Sentai dubs are, I wouldn't be surprised if a simuldub from them will be more rushed than their regular dubs.
    Avatar: Morgana from Persona 5

    Comment


    • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

      BD release when. I need my fav LN anime franchise in eng now. I love you aniplex!
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

      Comment


      • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

        Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
        Simulcast dubs are really taking off now, damn. Viz better step their game up quick before they get lost in the dust. Only them and Sentai left without simulcast dubs, I think?
        Well, it will be tougher for Sentai since their dubs are only available through TAN, which is a separate subscription service. So that means it's not going to reach a wide audience as it would be for Funimation through EVS and now Aniplex through Crunchyroll. Viz could have tried this with Sailor Moon Crystal, but the idea didn't float around until last fall and the show began back in July.
        Not to mention, doing simuldubs like this is fairly expensive. Funimation can afford to do Broadcast Dubs because they are a much bigger company that runs in a larger budget. Aniplex also have a budget large enough to do simuldubs like this since they are owned by Sony. Sentai Filmworks, however, is a different story since their budget is much smaller than Aniplex or Funimation. This is more evident when you compare their home video releases to Funimation and Aniplex, as well as their dubbing quality in many of their more niche titles.

        The only other company that can do simuldubs across from Aniplex and Funimation is Viz Media, and even so, it's highly unlikely since Viz Media is known to be very picky on the titles they license.

        Anyways, I'm a bit surprised Aniplex USA is doing simuldubs for this. Makes me want to watch this series at Hulu or Crunchyroll.
        Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

        Comment


        • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

          Man I thought it would be forever before i got to hear Crispin Freeman as Shizuo Heiwajima again. This brightens my day.

          I'm surprised to see aniplex do this seeing as they don't have their own service. For funi the simuldubs are a great way to increase elite subscriptions but nothing like that with aniplex.

          Comment


          • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

            I'd like to see Crunchyroll try it for a few titles and see how it goes. They could simulcast and simuldub shows and then give Discotek the license for home video. I really wish more dubs were as easily available as the subs. Keeping them exclusive to home video in any way feels old fashioned.
            Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

            Comment


            • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

              Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
              I'd like to see Crunchyroll try it for a few titles and see how it goes. They could simulcast and simuldub shows and then give Discotek the license for home video. I really wish more dubs were as easily available as the subs. Keeping them exclusive to home video in any way feels old fashioned.
              Please no. I dont have faith in crunchyroll x discotek after that free! Box art, bleagh
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

              Comment


              • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                Yes, let's judge a company's performance from their box art choices. Man, FUNi's Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray set must SUCK!
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

                Comment


                • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                  Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                  Yes, let's judge a company's performance from their box art choices. Man, FUNi's Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray set must SUCK!
                  Well Id rather not get a permabanned so I wont speak of my feelings of Bebop.

                  Quality of boxart is directly correlated with quality of release. Why else would aniplex drrr! Lunchbox bd set be the industry standard to meet for good anime?
                  AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

                  Comment


                  • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                    With dubs actually being launched on Crunchyroll (with Media Blasters Holy Knight thing, and now this), I wonder how they're doing in general for them lately. They've always been known as mainly a subtitled service, and it used to be that backlog titles (that have dubs) were mostly only added to their site in Japanese with subs. Aniplex, NISA, and Discotek have all added some of those with dubs in recent times, though.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                      ^ Also, 5 Centimeters Per Second's Bang Zoom dub was funded by Crunchyroll, but that was a long time ago now.

                      Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                      Well Id rather not get a permabanned so I wont speak of my feelings of Bebop.

                      Quality of boxart is directly correlated with quality of release. Why else would aniplex drrr! Lunchbox bd set be the industry standard to meet for good anime?
                      What? While box art is an important part of a release, there's many decent releases with poor cover art, like many of Cinedigm's releases, Disney's Ghibli Blu-rays, FUNi's Anime Classics releases, and FUNi's Bebop set (and no I wasn't talking about the show itself). And what is this "industry standard" you are talking about? I'm sure Aniplex's Durarara lunchbox set was fine, but I've never heard it called an "industry standard" by anyone but you.
                      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

                      Comment


                      • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                        Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                        ^ Also, 5 Centimeters Per Second's Bang Zoom dub was funded by Crunchyroll, but that was a long time ago now.

                        Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                        Well Id rather not get a permabanned so I wont speak of my feelings of Bebop.

                        Quality of boxart is directly correlated with quality of release. Why else would aniplex drrr! Lunchbox bd set be the industry standard to meet for good anime?
                        What? While box art is an important part of a release, there's many decent releases with poor cover art, like many of Cinedigm's releases, Disney's Ghibli Blu-rays, FUNi's Anime Classics releases, and FUNi's Bebop set (and no I wasn't talking about the show itself). And what is this "industry standard" you are talking about? I'm sure Aniplex's Durarara lunchbox set was fine, but I've never heard it called an "industry standard" by anyone but you.
                        Tuna must think a release that doesn't have a "signs" subtitle track for English audio (when it's an integral part of the show) is an achievement in anime marketing.
                        My Anime List
                        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

                        Comment


                        • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                          Just a few weeks after FUNimation's massive Broadcast Dubs announcement, AoA has the same in store for us for their big series of the season. Excellent; 2015 is definitely the year that simuldubs became the next big thing.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

                          Comment


                          • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                            I have no interest in simuldubs, however I think that this is a wonderful thing for dub fans and I hope Aniplex does a quality job since they're taking pretty big a risk with this. If simuldubs become more common and it brings in more fans it's a win-win in my opinion. (I assume the subs will still be around for those that still want them.)

                            Comment


                            • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                              DURARARA!! X 2 English Dub Streaming Trailer

                              Comment


                              • Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

                                via PR... | DURARARA!! X 2 Second Arc Trailer
                                FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

                                Aniplex of America Acquires Charlotte, Classroom Crisis,
                                GOD EATER and WAGNARIA!!3 for the Summer Season


                                Four Super Hot Titles Slated to Receive Simulcast Schedule!

                                SANTA MONICA, CA (June 24, 2015) –Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that they have acquired a total of four new anime titles to be joining their upcoming summer season lineup. These titles are Charlotte, Classroom Crisis, GOD EATER and WAGNARIA!!3. All of these titles along with the second arc of DURARARA!!×2 will be simulcast through streaming services such as the Aniplex Channel (AniplexChannel.com), Hulu (Hulu.com), Crunchyroll (Crunchyroll.com), DAISUKI (Daisuki.net), and Viewster (viewster.com).

                                Below are the details of each title’s simulcast schedule (specific times will be announced at a later date):

                                Title Premiere Date Available Service(s)
                                Charlotte 7/4 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll, DAISUKI, Viewster
                                Classroom Crisis 7/3 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll, DAISUKI, Viewster
                                DURARARA!! x 2 (The Second Arc) 7/4 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll, DAISUKI
                                GOD EATER 7/5 DAISUKI
                                WAGNARIA!! 3 7/4 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll,

                                Comment

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

                                Channels

                                Collapse

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X