Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!! (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aniplex of America licenses Durarara!!x2

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
    How do they pronounce in the cons, "times 2"? or do they say Durarara twice?
    The x is silent. It's "Durarara!! 2 Shou/Ten/Ketsu"
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: Durarara!!

Durarara!! Blu-ray Complete Set Lunch Box Limited Edition - 624 minutes - $159.98 - 4/7/15
      Contains episodes 1-24 plus bonus episodes 12.5 and 25.

Special Features: Textless Openings and Endings.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles, Japanese subtitles.
      Last edited by WTK; 01-16-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        Durarara!! Blu-ray Complete Set Lunch Box Limited Edition - 624 minutes - $159.98 - 4/7/15

New print run at a lower price point?
        My Anime List - My Collection
        Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
        Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
        Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

^ It's standard edition release. So I would that's a typo by TRSI.

Comment

I'm pretty cool with that price point. I mean, while the old price was still acceptable to me, it was at the upper limit of what I was willing to pay, and this new price makes it slightly easier to obtain the show. I don't really care if it's a standard edition.

Comment

^ It's standard edition release. So I would that's a typo by TRSI.
              Yup

https://twitter.com/animetoday/statu...57356389314560
              The new Durarara BD set does NOT include a lunch box like the sold out version. We apologize for the confusion & will fix our listing ASAP.

Comment

via PR... | announcement trailer
                FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The English Dub of DURARARA!! X 2 will be Available on Streaming Starting March 10

SANTA MONICA, CA (March 6, 2015) –Following the announcement of DURARARA!! being available for streaming in English, Aniplex of America, Inc. has announced today that the English Dub of DURARARA!! X 2 will begin its streaming schedule starting Tuesday, March 10th. The first episode will be available for fans to stream on Hulu (www.hulu.com), Crunchyroll (www.crunchyroll.com) and the Aniplex Channel (www.AniplexChannel.com) with new episodes added every Tuesday. This will be the first time for Aniplex of America to release an English Dub for an animated series while it’s still being broadcast in Japan. Fans will be excited to know they don’t have to wait until DURARARA!! X 2 is finished to enjoy the show in English.

The entire English cast of DURARARA!! will be reprising their roles and will be joined by new cast members for this second season. The star-studded cast including Kari Wahlgren, Yuri Lowenthal, Steve Blum, Bryce Papenbrook, Johnny Yong Bosch and Crispin Freemen will be joined by Vic Mignogna, Lex Lang and many more talented members. DURARARA!! X 2 is an anime adaptation based on the light novel series created by author Ryohgo Narita. Takahiro Omori will once again be directing alongside many members from the previous series. Studio shuka is responsible for the animation production and this will be its first major project. For more information on the English Simulcast of DURARARA!! X 2 please visit DurararaUSA.com.
                Last edited by WTK; 03-06-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

English Dub of DURARARA!! X 2 will be available streaming starting Tuesday, March 10th. The first episode will premiere next Tuesday with new episodes added every week.

Fans can watch the DURARARA!! X 2 English Dub on Hulu (www.Hulu.com), Crunchyroll (www.crunchyroll.com) and the Aniplex Channel (www.AniplexChannel.com).

This will be the first time for Aniplex of America to stream a English Dub of a series while it’s still being broadcast in Japan.
                  Great to see this coming that someone other than Funimation is doing broadcast dubs. I did remember hearing Tony Oliver say that there was a project in the works that is for a simulcast. Kristi Reed directed the first season and now that she's out of the business that Kirk Thornton has taken over in directing this dub.
                  Last edited by Buckeye; 03-06-2015, 03:30 PM.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                  Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

English Dub of DURARARA!! X 2 will be available streaming starting Tuesday, March 10th. The first episode will premiere next Tuesday with new episodes added every week.

Fans can watch the DURARARA!! X 2 English Dub on Hulu (www.Hulu.com), Crunchyroll (www.crunchyroll.com) and the Aniplex Channel (www.AniplexChannel.com).

This will be the first time for Aniplex of America to stream a English Dub of a series while it’s still being broadcast in Japan.
                    I guess seeing the success Funimation has had with simuldubs, Aniplex has decided to try it out with Durarara. Hope it does well enough for them to start making it a regular thing each season.
                    My Anime List
                    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I am pretty glad that Aniplex decided to do a simuldub with Durarara x2. It seems like simuldubs are pretty much the next big thing.

Comment

With how the show is bombing (relatively) compared to the home video success of the first series in Japan, I had wondered if Aniplex was either going to cut their losses overseas (on the possibility that the fan interest may have waned just as strongly) or on the other hand try more aggressively to promote it and reach that audience. Feels like the latter with this move, so hopefully it works out for them. Nice to see others besides FUNi get in on the "broadcast dub" experiment.

Comment

WOW! that was fast as I thought. Reminds me that i have to finish off season 1 but anyways I can't wait for season 2 to be simuldub. It's going to be a fun blast!

Comment

Simulcast dubs are really taking off now, damn. Viz better step their game up quick before they get lost in the dust. Only them and Sentai left without simulcast dubs, I think?

Comment

That's pretty damn awesome. Hopefully we don't have to wait a year before the home releases. Suppose X2 Parts 2 and 3 will have the same treatment, only maybe show up earlier in their broadcasts?
                              My Anime List
                              YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                              Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                                Simulcast dubs are really taking off now, damn. Viz better step their game up quick before they get lost in the dust. Only them and Sentai left without simulcast dubs, I think?
                                Well, it will be tougher for Sentai since their dubs are only available through TAN, which is a separate subscription service. So that means it's not going to reach a wide audience as it would be for Funimation through EVS and now Aniplex through Crunchyroll. Viz could have tried this with Sailor Moon Crystal, but the idea didn't float around until last fall and the show began back in July.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                                Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X