Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic / Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic / Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    I can't figure out what's going on with this. Maybe it actually is correct, but I can't imagine why. Even if it's AoA, I just don't see $299.98 being the correct MSRP for each set, in this situation. The $119.98 store price seems like a realistic price, so the MSRP must just be wrong. I'd be curious to know what it actually is.

The simplest typo situation means the MSRP could actually be $199.98 instead of $299.98, but then the store price wouldn't make sense, because that would be a 40% discount, while AoA's store prices are typically 20%-25%.

Assuming the $119.98 store price is correct, then the real MSRP could be $149.98, which would make the store price a 20% discount. This is the same pricing set-up for the Madoka Magica box set.

Considering that theoretical real MSRP is then coincidentally half of the weird existing MSRP that's floating around, maybe that $299.98 number is just a holdover from some early concept of a complete set or special bundle that they decided not to go with?

Regardless, I put in preorders, just in case that store price is the one that gets changed (upwards).
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic / Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

It's finally on Blu-ray, and it's pretty reasonably priced at that. Good deal. Not something I need to spend $240 on right now, but if a few more bucks get knocked off for a holiday sale in the next few years, I'll probably grab them then.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I think it makes the most sense that the sale price is $120 and the retail price is $150 and that the $300 MSRP is the combine total for those two series rather than for each set individually. Anyway, it's about time they brought this show out on BD seeing that they dubbed it and everything, and it's selling at a pretty reasonable price for something by Aniplex. With that, this could very well be a sign that they are going to license and release Adventure of Sinbad pretty soon.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ellenoir Seiran, Endro~!
        Watching: Machiavellism, La Verite, Shining Hearts, Buso Renkin, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Magi The Kingdom Of Magic Complete Box Set Blu-ray
          https://www.rightstufanime.com/Magi-...ox-Set-Blu-ray
          Out of Stock, Expecting More

Comment

Magi The Kingdom Of Magic Complete Box Set Blu-ray
            https://www.rightstufanime.com/Magi-...ox-Set-Blu-ray
            Out of Stock, Expecting More
            In stock again.

Comment