Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic / Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Aniplex of America licenses Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic / Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Widgets Magazine
    Note: [R1 DVD] tag is just a North American license indicator.

via Aniplex of America Industry Panel @ NYCC (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26091142)

http://www.magi-usa.com/ | http://www.crunchyroll.com/magi | http://www.hulu.com/magi
    Last edited by WTK; 10-12-2012, 12:31 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic

I watch the series via CR. I'm very interested in the series from what I have seen with the first episode. Like Blast of Tempest, I'm curious how the home video release configuration will be handled (singles, slightly bigger sets, boxsets).

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      I watch the series via CR. I'm very interested in the series from what I have seen with the first episode. Like Blast of Tempest, I'm curious how the home video release configuration will be handled (singles, slightly bigger sets, boxsets).
      This is supposed to be a longer running show, isn't it? It'll be really interesting to see what they do with a longer show, since they haven't released anything longer than 26 episodes so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
        Originally posted by WTK View Post
        This is supposed to be a longer running show, isn't it? It'll be really interesting to see what they do with a longer show, since they haven't released anything longer than 26 episodes so far.
        It's going to be two cour, from what director Masunori has said in the past interviews.

That said, not completely surprised but a welcome announcement, definite buy here.
        Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

So glad Aniplex got this! Now I hope will get some pretty bluray sets in the future!
          Takachsh Top-Ten Anime: [1] Fate/Zero, [2] Gantz, [3] Gundam SEED, [4] Get Backers, [5] xxxHolic, [6] Kaleido Star, [7] Hell Girl, [8] Death Note, [9] Mai-HiME, [10] FMA: Brotherhood
          My Weakness - The words "Limited Edition"

Comment

Not surprising but I'm kinda sad.

I really don't wanna have to pay upwards of $300 for a mainstream shonen show. I wish Aniplex would learn to charge regular R1 prices for their stuff. Well maybe we'll see if they learned anything once the Blue Exorcist re-release with the dub comes out but I don't have my hopes up...
            "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Similar to SAO, I hope they get further seasons, assuming that Aniplex is yet again run by competent individuals who want to continue to deliver the awesome adventure that was teased in episode 1 with the great adventures of my Alibaba and Aladdin. Like this anime alot and will get it whether sub or dub only, but please on blu ray.
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

No surprise here since the CR stream already has AoA-style subs. First episode was good; let's see if it gets good enough to make me want the LE.
                Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

This was as expected as Blue Exorcist was before they announced that. I expect the home video releases to be exactly the same as well. Although, now that they're already dubbing Blue Exorcist and presumably re-releasing it (hopefully on Blu-ray), maybe they'll jump straight to that. Then again, they are announcing this just as it's beginning, so maybe they will go for the original Blue Exorcist configuration for the first release. If so, I'd like to say I learned my lesson and will wait for the later version, but without any confirmation or idea for a time-frame (we still don't have that for Blue Exorcist, nor do we know it will be on Blu-ray, or even re-released, technically, although it's a safe assumption at this point). So yeah. Fun with Aniplex. Should be pretty... Kinda? Oh Aniplex, how do you do this to me?
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Aniplex sure didn't waste any time with this. They have very high hopes for this show considering that they are streaming it on Hulu, as well as have free users watch this show on CR the same time subscribers do. I hope that they do treat it well.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
                    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

News from MCM London Expo earlier today. So Viz Media is handling home video rights for Aniplex of America?

https://twitter.com/ukanime/status/262537000144470016
                      Viz Media are handling the North Anerican home video release.
                      https://twitter.com/ukanime/status/262535907486334976
                      Kaze are interested in licensing Magi, particularly in light of Viz Media's US announcement.
                      EDIT (correction): https://twitter.com/liceas/status/262625259168071680
                      wait what? I was referring to Viz Europe...
                      Last edited by WTK; 10-28-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Well, Viz Media never "announced" it, so apparently they know something we don't if they're so sure. Perhaps Aniplex is partnering with them on this title? Would raise hopes for those wanting a "mainstream" release in terms of price and being dubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          Well, Viz Media never "announced" it, so apparently they know something we don't if they're so sure. Perhaps Aniplex is partnering with them on this title? Would raise hopes for those wanting a "mainstream" release in terms of price and being dubbed.
                          Yeah. The only recent announcement was the Viz Media Europe one. There is still some vagueness to this and not everything is lining up. The possibility is now there until we get more information on the U.S. side (if anything; and of which we may not hear anything concrete for a while if there is something going on).

Comment

Yeah this seems odd since it was "never" announced by VIz in the US.
                            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                              Maybe the "Viz announcement" is not directly about this one title. Maybe they are just talking about Neon Alley. Dub only, streaming so no reverse import to upset paranoid people in Japan so they don't need to sit on it for a year or more. Then maybe later you get a DVD release, or a super expensive BD.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X