X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Aniplex of America licenses Blast of Tempest

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...

Title: Blast of Tempest DVD -Complete 1st Season- (http://www.rightstuf.com/i/AOA-3201)
    Street Date: August 13th
    SRP: $74.98
    Store Price: $59.98

Title: Blast of Tempest DVD -Complete 2nd Season- (http://www.rightstuf.com/i/AOA-3202)
    Street Date: January 21, 2014
    SRP: $74.98
    Store Price: $59.98
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 2, 2013

Aniplex of America to Release their Hit Fantasy Anime Series
    Blast of Tempest on 2 Complete Season DVD Sets

SANTA MONICA, CA (June 2, 2013) – Starting this summer, Blast of Tempest fans can dive in to a world full of magic, mystery, and adventure! At their recent industry panel at A-Kon, Aniplex of America Inc. announced its release plans for the fantasy anime series Blast of Tempest in North America. The series is the latest animation produced by one of the most acclaimed animation studios, BONES (Fullmetal Alchemist). The series will be released on DVD in a total of two complete season sets. Both sets will feature the original Japanese audio with English subtitles as well as bonus contents. They are scheduled for release at the following dates:

Complete 1st Season- August 13th
    Complete 2nd Season- January 21st , 2014

The Complete 1st Season will be available for pre-order through rightstuf.com and Aniplex’s official retailers (AniplexUSA.com/retailers) starting Monday June 3rd. The Complete 2nd Season’s pre-order information will be available at a later date. Both sets will include 3 DVD discs where the first set will include episodes 1-12 and the second set will include episodes 13-24. The bonus features for the first set will include the textless opening and ending themes, a 16-page deluxe booklet, and a reversible mini-poster only available to fans that purchase this DVD set. The o-sleeve will feature the key visual art and a 2-sided reversible cover. Details including release dates and features are listed below.

Blast of Tempest DVD -Complete 1st Season- features:

DVD
    • 3 DVD Discs
    • Includes Episodes 1-12 (TRT: 300 min)
    • Video: Video: 16:9, Letter Box 16:9, Letter Box16:9, Letter Box16:9, Letter Box 16:9, Letter Box16:9, Letter Box 16:9, Letter Box MPEG MPEG 2
    • Audio: Japanese (Linear PCM Stereo)
    • Subtitles: English
    • Textless Opening and Ending

Bonus Contents
    • Deluxe -16 page booklet
    • Reversible Mini Poster
    • O-Sleeve with Key Visual Art
    • 2-sided Reversible Cover
    Last edited by WTK; 06-02-2013, 03:46 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Blast of Tempest

I watch the series via CR and go from there. It would be interesting to see how the home video release will be handled (singles, slightly bigger sets, boxset).

Comment

So far, I'm loving the show and there is a significant chance I will purchase it. Glad to see this.
      Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

Best anime of the season tied with K, will definitely get this one day one in whatever ultimate edition or they release. Hopefully tons of arts is included especially those from the ED, lots of good Yoshino/Mahiro images.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I'm enjoying it but it's way too early to tell if it's worth a buy.

Comment

Assuming it doesn't get too much better or worse, it will basically come down to the release configuration and specs (and price). I don't even know when those would be announced, since that's actually kind of dependent on what said specs are (sub-only or DVD-only can get here faster than bilingual Blu-rays, for example). Nice to see them progressing on this so quickly, anyway.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

For those who are unaware of this, the series is longer than 1 cour (12 episodes).

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2694 lists episode 13 to 16 for Japan TV broadcast.

Comment

The series is now starting to stream on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/blast-of-tempest).

Comment

Any resonable guess for how early this could even be on disc here? 2014? I guess acquiring this and Magi this season gives us good stuff for 2014 :/
                  AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                    Any resonable guess for how early this could even be on disc here? 2014? I guess acquiring this and Magi this season gives us good stuff for 2014 :/
                    I would imagine late 2013 at best and 2014 is certainly possible. It will be interesting to see how the series (along with SAO and Magi) will be handled.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      The series is now starting to stream on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/blast-of-tempest).
                      More exposure is always a good thing.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Looks like we have disc release details, 2 sub-only DVD box sets:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...f-tempest-dvds
                        Aniplex of America also outlined its English-subtitled DVD plans for the Blast of Tempest anime. It will release the anime series in two complete season DVD sets on August 13, 2013 and January 21, 2014. Each set will include 12 episodes on three DVDs. The first set's bonuses include clean opening and ending animation sequences, a 16-page deluxe booklet, and a exclusive reversible mini-poster.

Pre-orders for the first set will begin on Monday. Each set will retail for US$74.98, discounted to US$59.98.

Comment

Not surprised at all that this got subtitled DVD treatment. I wasn't expecting this (the first set) to get released this soon though.

Comment

I'm very disappointed that Tempest isn't going to be released in blu-ray.
                            Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

I have to wonder if this is really all they're planning to do for Tempest or if this is just another Blue Exorcist-like situation where sub-only DVDs are released first and a dub and Blu-ray come much later...
                              Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X