Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Sword Art Online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed this one...it went live on the 18th.

Sword Art Online Alternative "Gun Gale Online" (dub)

https://www.hulu.com/series/sword-ar...5-1c0c22744a85

Comment

• Sword Art Online II DVD 2 (https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sword...-Set-2-DVD-Hyb)
      Out of Print. Click below to be notified by e-mail when product is in stock.

Comment

• With season 2 starting to go OOP, it shouldn't be long before a complete collection is announced for the second season.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
        Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• http://4NN.cx/.140630
          Sword Art Online Episode Censors More Content on U.S.-Based Streaming Services

Aniplex distributes different version of episode 10 to Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu

The 10th episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization had additional content edits on United States-based streaming services Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Hulu. However, Aniplex's France-based streaming platform Wakanim did not.

While both versions feature black bars over violent and sexual scenes, as per normal for anime broadcast in Japan, the version on the U.S. services had some changes to a scene of attempted rape. Some cuts of animation in this scene were removed, and some were zoomed in so that less is visible.

Funimation confirmed with ANN that its version originated from the licensor, Aniplex. Crunchyroll declined to comment on this specific issue, but said it does not censor content directly from licensors.

Aniplex of America has not responded to ANN's request for comment.

The simulcast versions of anime episodes usually match what airs on Japanese TV, but some viewers have reported seeing the version of episode 10 with fewer edits on Japanese television channels Tokyo MX and BS11. ANN was not able to independently verify these claims.

The episode aired on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, BS11, and MBS on the night of Saturday, December 10. It also aired on TV Aichi and AT-X on Monday night. The streaming service Abema TV ran the episode simultaneously with the broadcast airing, but it is a live streaming service, not streaming-on-demand. All Japanese streaming-on-demand services start showing each episode one week after broadcast – so this episode will stream in Japan on December 15.

http://4NN.cx/.140635
          Reki Kawahara Apologizes to Voice Actors for Latest Sword Art Online Episode

Author also offered an explanation for why the series uses sexual assault as a plot device.

Sword Art Online author Reki Kawahara took to Twitter to apologize to the anime's voice actors after the latest episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization aired on Saturday night. The episode is widely considered the most graphic and violent of the series to date. The episode streamed on Crunchyroll opens with a content warning for "violence and sexual assault."

Kawahara said: "Ms. Ishihara, who plays Tiese, and Ms. Kondo, who plays Ronye, both performed a painful scene with aplomb. Thank you so much! And I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Reina Kondo responded to Kawahara's tweet, saying, "Thank you! I think that everyone became stronger because of the experience! I will continue to work hard alongside Ronye. I'm looking forward to what happens next."

In a later tweet, Kawahara expressed further ambivalence about the episode's content and offered an explanation for why the series contains multiple instances of sexual assault. "This may be a bit late, but if you're wondering why SAO has so many of those scenes, a considerable number of light novels (although they weren't called light novels back then), epic sagas, and adventure stories I read back in middle school contained those plot elements. I would cite Ogun Hakusha (Gold Spur) as a representative title. My writing was bound to that as if it were under a spell.

"These days, the spell has finally worn off. Nowadays I would prefer to express catharsis through other means. If it was an absolutely necessary scene for the story, I would write it, but I would prefer to do that in a book that isn't a light novel."

Kawahara also indicated his surprise at the anime adaptation, which he believes made the content in his novels even more extreme. "I believe that the level of grittiness in SAO is extremely average for light novels. The directing, animation, and voice acting in the anime are too powerful, which has absolutely boosted the impact [of the scenes]. Who would have thought Raios would make such an exaggerated jump...!"

Comment

• That episode definitely set off alarm bells there as it certainly wasn't what I have come to expect out of SAO. At least when it happened during the ALO arc, it was nowhere near as extreme as this. I have come to expect this out of something like Goblin Slayer or Berserk, but not out of SAO, not when it happened out of nowhere, and certainly not for a show that is supposed to have the most widespread appeal in all of anime. If Toonami were to air this, I'm pretty sure it will require some strategic editing.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
            Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• I found some of the visuals to be a bit goofy looking (most of the crazed faces to make one of them look like a goblin and goofy perfectly sliced limbs never dont look goofy), while Id agree with Kawahara that the voices actors sound made it pretty extreme to listen to. My limit is always whenever characters are drugged and bound however.
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

• It is a wonder that the most populist series in this industry finds it necessary to go so over the top like this. I guess it must be working well enough, and controversy garners attention, so just keep trying to push the envelope? That's the only thing I can guess, because it's baffling otherwise.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Per Right Stuf email blast:
                  Out of Print!
                  & Flying Off the Shelves...
                  Once They're Gone, They're Gone!
                  Sword Art Online II Blu-ray 1 (https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sword...I-Set-1-BD-Hyb)

Comment

• Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    Sword Art Online II DVD 2 (https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sword...-Set-2-DVD-Hyb)
                    Out of Print. Click below to be notified by e-mail when product is in stock.
                    S2 Vol.2 DVD listing has been deleted @ TRSI.

Comment

• Sword Art Online Alicization Trailer #3

Comment

• https://gungale-onlineusa.com/blu-ray/vol_1.html
                        Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Blu-ray Vol.1

Coming 3/26/2019

SRP $89.98
                        Retail Price $69.98

Disc Spec
                        Spoken Languages: English & Japanese
                        Subtitles: English
                        Aspect ratio: 16:9 HD Widescreen
                        Episodes: #1-6 and #5.5 (bonus episode)
                        Number of Discs: 2 Blu-ray Discs
                        Total Run Time: Approx. 164 minutes
                        Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents
                        ■ Bonus Episode #5.5 Refrain
                        ■ Audio Commentary by Japanese creators & cast
                        ■ Textless Opening and Ending
                        * Bonus contents subject to change.
                        * Bonus contents include English subtitles.

Bonus Materials & Package
                        ■ Exclusive Bushiroad's Weiss Schwarz card (while supplies last!)
                        ■ Deluxe Booklet
                        ■ Postcard Set

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sword...u-ray-Volume-1
                        https://gungale-onlineusa.com/blu-ray/vol_2.html
                        Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Blu-ray Vol.2

Coming 5/21/2019

SRP $74.98
                        Retail Price $59.98

Disc Spec
                        Spoken Languages: English & Japanese
                        Subtitles: English
                        Aspect ratio: 16:9 HD Widescreen
                        Episodes: #7-12
                        Number of Discs: 2 Blu-ray Discs
                        Total Run Time: Approx. 164 minutes
                        Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents
                        ■ Audio Commentary by Japanese creators & cast
                        * Bonus contents include English subtitles.

Bonus Materials & Package
                        ■ Exclusive Bushiroad's Weiss Schwarz card (while supplies last!)
                        ■ Deluxe Booklet
                        ■ Postcard Set

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sword...u-ray-Volume-2
                        Last edited by WTK; 01-15-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Noted as OOP from a TRSI email blast earlier today...https://www.rightstufanime.com/categ...t%20of%20print

Sword Art Online Blu-Ray 1
                          Retail Price: $74.98
                          Your Price: $59.98

Sword Art Online Blu-Ray 2

Sword Art Online Blu-Ray 3

Sword Art Online Blu-Ray 4

Sword Art Online DVD 1
                          Retail Price: $49.98
                          Your Price: $39.98

Sword Art Online DVD 2

Sword Art Online DVD 3

Sword Art Online Extra Edition DVD
                          Retail Price: $39.98
                          Your Price: $29.98

Sword Art Online -Extra Edition- Standard Edition Blu-Ray

Sword Art Online II Blu-Ray 1
                          Retail Price: $79.98
                          Your Price: $69.98

Sword Art Online II DVD 1

Sword Art Online II Limited Edition Blu-Ray 1
                          Retail Price: $114.98
                          Your Price: $89.98

Sword Art Online II Set 2 Blu-Ray

Sword Art Online II Set 2 Limited Edition Blu-Ray

Sword Art Online II Set 3 Blu-Ray

Sword Art Online II Set 3 DVD
                          Retail Price: $39.98
                          Your Price: $29.98

Sword Art Online II Set 3 Limited Edition Blu-Ray

Sword Art Online II Set 4 Blu-Ray

Sword Art Online II Set 4 Limited Edition Blu-Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            Missed this one...it went live on the 18th.

Sword Art Online Alternative "Gun Gale Online" (dub)

https://www.hulu.com/series/sword-ar...5-1c0c22744a85
                            Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (dub & sub): https://www.netflix.com/title/80990612

Comment

• Sword Art Online Alicization English Trailer #2 https://youtu.be/amoxKCk-EfM

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X