• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aniplex of America licenses Sword Art Online

Originally posted by sonic View Post
    Originally posted by Timesplitter 01 View Post
    This glitch is also apparent on the CRUNCHYROLL VIDEO's

I just had a quick look at episode 5 (picked a episode at random) and the error shown in the photo's is on the video as well.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art...e-walls-606747

@ 2:26

Not sure what source crunchyroll gets there video's from...........
    Interesting, thanks for confirming this. I checked the CR video stream and saw it as well. Anyone know if the Japanese BDs have this issue too?
    I can confirm the Japanese BDs suffer from the same issue with OP1.

Comment

That is interesting. While I can't confirm whether or not it affects the JP BD release, I can confirm that it does not affect the creditless OP DVD that was released with LiSA's LE single for Crossing Field. I wonder if the DVD version exhibits the same video glitch as the BD and the CR streams have shown. Daisuki's stream also contains the aforementioned fault.
      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by superdry View Post
        Originally posted by sonic View Post
        Originally posted by Timesplitter 01 View Post
        This glitch is also apparent on the CRUNCHYROLL VIDEO's

I just had a quick look at episode 5 (picked a episode at random) and the error shown in the photo's is on the video as well.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art...e-walls-606747

@ 2:26

Not sure what source crunchyroll gets there video's from...........
        Interesting, thanks for confirming this. I checked the CR video stream and saw it as well. Anyone know if the Japanese BDs have this issue too?
        I can confirm the Japanese BDs suffer from the same issue with OP1.
        It's an Easter egg.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
          It's an Easter egg.
          Hahahaha, or a drinking game... drink every time you see the blue streaks.
          My Anime List - My Collection
          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

http://www.rightstuf.com/n/FT0000005490
            Aniplex of America Stops Shipments For Sword Art Online (S.A.O) DVD 1: Aincrad Part 1
            Posted on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Aniplex of America has stopped shipments of Sword Art Online (S.A.O) DVD 1: Aincrad Part 1. Aniplex has informed us that due to an error during the replication process incorrect content was placed on some of the DVDs. Right Stuf has removed all units of this item from inventory and will resume shipments once corrected discs have arrived. For customers who have purchased this item from our store and already received it, please hold off on shipping your box sets back to us. We are currently working with Aniplex to set up a replacement disc program. When we have more information available we will update our news post and/or our customer care team will contact you directly. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you, in advance, for your patience.

*Note: This issue does not affect the Blu-ray release.

Comment

Anyone have a bad set here and can tell us what is actually on the DVDs?

Comment

That's... not good.

I might get the DVDs for now, and hold off on if a newer, cheaper Blu-ray edition comes along. I'm sure the quality isn't $200 better.
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                  That's... not good.

I might get the DVDs for now, and hold off on if a newer, cheaper Blu-ray edition comes along. I'm sure the quality isn't $200 better.
                  Except for the glue issue and the weird blue streak thingy (never noticed it on CR before, but in HD it's clear as day... one downside of HD, you see all the imperfections you missed watching in SD), the BD set is excellent. The postcards are especially nice and the front cover of the art box is amazing. It really stands out on my shelf. I just watched the Sword Art Offline specials one and two and they are cool mini episodes, reminds me a bit of the OreImo animated commentary. The picture quality on the video is top notch, everything is so clear and vibrant, especially compared to the Toonami broadcast there's no contest the BD wins hands down. The clear BD cases are also really nice. The DVD gets the job done to see the show, but the BD is definitely the better experience. Although, I feel you on the $200 differential.
                  Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
                  Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
                  Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                    That is interesting. While I can't confirm whether or not it affects the JP BD release, I can confirm that it does not affect the creditless OP DVD that was released with LiSA's LE single for Crossing Field. I wonder if the DVD version exhibits the same video glitch as the BD and the CR streams have shown. Daisuki's stream also contains the aforementioned fault.
                    I must admit I never would have noticed this visual hiccup until after many times of rewatching, probably because I am so drawn to reading the subtitled lyrics while simultaneously trying to keep track of the dynamic movements on screen (it is really just for an instant from my perspective).

I can confirm that this glitch does affect at least the second episode OP in the DVD release, now that I know what to look for. However, the creditless opening that is included as a bonus on the DVD seems to be free of this artifact; perhaps the source for this is the same creditless opening that was used in the LE single for "Crossing Field," as Mc-Taz noted.
                    Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                    Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG View Post
                      Anyone have a bad set here and can tell us what is actually on the DVDs?
                      Yes. As I've mentioned on a thread under the Glitch Disk forum here, disks one and two are simply mislabeled as each other. I took the labeled "Disc 1", appropriately secured as the topmost disk in the package, inserted it into my DVD player, and found myself looking at the menu for disk 2 with episodes 5-7 to choose from. Thankfully for its part, what is labeled as "Disc 2" holds the complete contents of what is supposed to be on disk 1, so all the contents are present in the volume, just with the disk labels wrongly applied.
                      Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                      Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

I guess something is happening with the SAO BD release as well. Mine hasn't shipped yet (it was paired with LE part 2, so they didn't partial ship it), and now the item is listed as On Order from Manufacturer for my order rather than the Reserved for your Order it was set to the past week. I guess they possibly pulled stock to look into the glue issue from the art box after all? I guess I'll have to ask RS that one as well when I live chat with them. Either that or they stole mine to give to someone else as a replacement item. :angry: Ha ha.

Comment

I guess I'll have to ask RS that one as well when I live chat with them. Either that or they stole mine to give to someone else as a replacement item. :angry: Ha ha.
                          If you could let us know what they tell you, that would be great.
                          "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
                            I guess I'll have to ask RS that one as well when I live chat with them. Either that or they stole mine to give to someone else as a replacement item. :angry: Ha ha.
                            They pulled the stock because they were notified there was an issue. So they are looking into it. They will give further information once they have determined a resolution. Basically a PR response. I can only assume it's for the glue on the art box. More than likely they're waiting to hear back from Aniplex on if they will be issuing some sort of replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
                              They pulled the stock because they were notified there was an issue. So they are looking into it. They will give further information once they have determined a resolution. Basically a PR response. I can only assume it's for the glue on the art box. More than likely they're waiting to hear back from Aniplex on if they will be issuing some sort of replacement.
                              I got a response from TRSI about it, here's my post in the SAO Part 1 thread regarding what's happening. The email I sent was about replacing the box due to the glue issue and that's the response I received. So, now we wait for news on TRSI's website I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepyDog View Post
                                I must admit I never would have noticed this visual hiccup until after many times of rewatching, probably because I am so drawn to reading the subtitled lyrics while simultaneously trying to keep track of the dynamic movements on screen (it is really just for an instant from my perspective).

I can confirm that this glitch does affect at least the second episode OP in the DVD release, now that I know what to look for. However, the creditless opening that is included as a bonus on the DVD seems to be free of this artifact; perhaps the source for this is the same creditless opening that was used in the LE single for "Crossing Field," as Mc-Taz noted.
                                I too never noticed it on the CR video until now, but when its in HD on my TV screen you can't miss the blip, lol. I can also confirm the creditless OP on the BD set does not have the glitch with the blue streaks.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X