Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] [C] - Ending Credits....

Widgets Magazine
    This is probably not FUNimation's fault, as this happened with ADV on one of their releases as well, but apparently, FUNimation didn't have access to the full textless version of the ending sequence, but rather, just a "creditless" version. What does that mean? The song subtitles are still there.

You can see that here...

I'm assuming this is probably just how the textless version on the Japanese release is as well, and just how it was produced in general. I was wondering if anyone who had access to the R2 or BD Japanese release can confirm this?

(BTW, image was taken from their online stream...)

Re: [C] - Ending Credits....

This guy was whining about the LuckyStar DVD's bonus footage having the lyrics subtitles. (Kadokawa said that the bonus footage was 'non telop'.)
    So, it is possible that the Japanese version of the DVD/BD of an anime has an OP/ED bonus footage which retains the lyrics subtitles, even if the company releasing it says, 'Non telop.'

In Japan, Vol. 2 of the DVD and BD of C have 'Non telop OP and ED' as the bonus footage, and they were released by Tōhō.
    If you want to confirm that matter so, how about inquiring it of Tōhō?

Click '上記の内容にご同意し問い合わせる' (Consent to the conditions and inquire) at the bottom of the page to go to the mail form page.

Comment

IIRC the Japanese DVDs of Lucky Star also had no completely clean version, just the one with the "You want animated karaoke? Well take this!" thing.

Lyrics along the bottom like that are normally "part of" the sequence (and normally only present in shows for younger demographics). I can't quite remember if shows like D.N.Angel and Manabi Straight which had them also had completely "clean" versions on the DVDs.

I've got rips of the credits for all three on my PSP.. which is not with me right now.

Comment

The broadcast version of the OP sequence of Aura Battler Dunbine has the lyrics subtitles.
        I have just re-watched a Bandai Visual DVD of Aura Battler Dunbine which has the 'non telop' OP sequence as the bonus footage, and it has neither the credit titles nor the lyrics subtitles. This is an example of a completely clean OP bonus footage.

Comment

If that's what they received it's fine. At least they didn't zoom in so they could cut them off, or put a black box over them to cover them up.
          Don't think it's a big deal.

Comment

I'd be happy as hell if they'd do the opening credits once and just butt all the episodes together end to end and then run the ending credits once instead of watching both in each episode-it's such a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by jackoff View Post
              I'd be happy as hell if they'd do the opening credits once and just butt all the episodes together end to end and then run the ending credits once instead of watching both in each episode-it's such a waste of time.
              The thing is, the credits aren't always the same, not to mention, the ending credits are specific to each episode. That, and people would complain if they didn't get the same experience as the Japanese version.

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post
                The thing is, the credits aren't always the same, not to mention, the ending credits are specific to each episode. That, and people would complain if they didn't get the same experience as the Japanese version.
                If you don't feel like watching the credits you can just click next chapter on your remote. Funimation always includes a chapter stop at the end of the OP / ED.

Comment

They've done this for all the One Piece voyages (don't know about collections), and call the option "Marathon Episodes."
                  My animé & figure collections
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings
                  XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

The thing is, the credits aren't always the same, not to mention, the ending credits are specific to each episode. That, and people would complain if they didn't get the same experience as the Japanese
                    version.
                    Maybe-but that's why I loved the Pioneer release of the Battle Athletes tv series-just opening credits at the 1st episode on the dvd and ending credits at the last episode.

Comment

The thing is, the credits aren't always the same, not to mention, the ending credits are specific to each episode. That, and people would complain if they didn't get the same experience as the Japanese
                      version.
                      Maybe-but that's why I loved the Pioneer release of the Battle Athletes tv series-just opening credits at the 1st episode on the dvd and ending credits at the last episode.
                      Just use the chapter skip. You can press a button, can't you?
                      "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                      -My Collection
                      --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
                        version.
                        Sure-and so can anybody-but it's a royal pain in the ass-when it comes to viewing I like simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
                          version.
                          Sure-and so can anybody-but it's a royal pain in the ass-when it comes to viewing I like simple.
                          Pressing a button is a royal pain in the ass? Are you being serious, or just contrarian?
                          "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                          -My Collection
                          --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Most people at the time thought that was a BAD way to do it. It also had messed up Next Episodes all stuck into one "extra feature". and was missing a "what are they doing now" bit from the end. It was a great show, bad release.

AnimEigo tried that once too, they had to release new discs without the cuts.

It can be made optional with conditional branching. Funimation had done it on a few titles like One Piece and Dragon Ball Z, they call it marathon feature.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X