Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks licenses Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “CHUNIBYO DEMO KOI GA SHITAI!”

HOUSTON, September 30, 2012 — They say love is blind, but apparently, it’s also stark, raving mad! Sentai Filmworks invites you to discover the truth for yourself in: Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! This 12 episode series about the foibles of young love features direction by Tatsuya Ishihara (Air, Clannad), series composition by Jukki Handa (Rozen Maiden, Campoine!), character designs by Kazumi Ikeda (Clannad, Kannon), sound direction by Yota Tsuruoka (A-Channel, ef ~ a tale of memories) and music byNijine (Hatsukoi Limited, Akikan!)

Yuta has a problem. First, Rikka has told him that they’re officially dating, but she’s… a little bit delusional. There’s also the fact that he used to be a little delusional himself, one of the thousands of Japanese students afflicted with “Chunibyo”, so desperate to stand out that they’ve literally convinced themselves that they have secret knowledge and hidden powers. Unfortunately, that’s not the main part of Yuta's problem. No, the REAL problem is that, even though HE’s no longer delusional, and Rikka MIGHT have been getting better, his OTHER female “friend,” Satone, his one true soul mate back when he was a chuuni, has ripped back into his life and she’s still epically and truly NUTS! How bad? Let’s just say that she prefers the name Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII; that she’s NOT happy that her partner in Chunibyo has cut her off; and that she’ll joyfully tear Yutta’s real world to pieces in order to get him back in her imaginary one! “Crazy in love” gets a whole new meaning as three fantasy worlds collide in Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!

Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2013.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Google Play and YouTube.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!

One of the shows I am most interested in. If I like, I will buy. Glad to see that the licensing train continues.
    Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

I'm very much interested in this series. Though I'm curious about its streaming availability. Will it be streaming at Crunchyroll?

Comment

I wonder if they will get the Online short episodes of this.

Cant wait to see my Dark Flame Master, Yuta so cool.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

AWESOME! Now license Hyouka. I've love you forever if you do.
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Please CR, you need to announce this! PLEASE!!!!

Comment

Sigh, Sentai, why do you fail when you do something good? Why did you repeat ANN's mistake and give the back cover of the second novel's summary when it's not being adapted? Shichimiya isn't going to appear in this story.
              "It'd be great if you could call me by the katakana pronunciation."
              "The kanji pronunciation is the same as the katakana one."
              Posting thoughts, reviews, and personal favorites at my personal blog.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatemegax View Post
                Sigh, Sentai, why do you fail when you do something good? Why did you repeat ANN's mistake and give the back cover of the second novel's summary when it's not being adapted? Shichimiya isn't going to appear in this story.
                And Sentai fail again...

Comment

I am really amazed to see BOTH of the TBS series (this and Hidamari) I'm really wanting to see this season licensed so early. It would be great if this actually leads to an unusually speedy simulcast for the two as well. I may have to prepare to get a longer subscription to TAN than expected if they are going to make this subscribers-only as with Koichoco...

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    I may have to prepare to get a longer subscription to TAN than expected if they are going to make this subscribers-only as with Koichoco...
                    Yeah with all of these announcements Sentai made this weekend, I might have to subscribe to TAN .
                    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                    Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      I am really amazed to see BOTH of the TBS series (this and Hidamari) I'm really wanting to see this season licensed so early. It would be great if this actually leads to an unusually speedy simulcast for the two as well. I may have to prepare to get a longer subscription to TAN than expected if they are going to make this subscribers-only as with Koichoco...
                      TBS had three licenses this season and Sentai grabbed all three: this, Hidamari, and Bunsou Shinki. Usually if they announce something this early now, Crunchy tends to be their streaming partner. KoiChoco was a late addition, so it likely went to TAN due to a tighter relationship.

I'm curious what the streaming date will be. All four regional broadcasts (which is what they usually go by) are on Wednesday, the cable broadcast is on Thursday, and the satellite broadcasts are on Sat/Sun. The bigger issue is that unlike the usual TBS licenses, it's not actually airing on TBS, so they have no reason to delay it longer than the usual CR 30 minutes. It'll definitely be interesting to see this one compared to the previous TBS licenses.
                      "It'd be great if you could call me by the katakana pronunciation."
                      "The kanji pronunciation is the same as the katakana one."
                      Posting thoughts, reviews, and personal favorites at my personal blog.

Comment

This is one of the shows from this season that I was particularly interested in; I've enjoyed almost everything that Kyoto Animation has done (almost because I thought Lucky Star was a bit weak, and I couldn't get through more than a couple episodes of Nichijo). I just wish that someone would license Hyouka; I've really been wanting to see it, since even before it started airing.

Comment

Yes! Now, c'mon, let's have it on CR.

Comment

There you go, Sentai. Keep up the good work. Now let's just see if this can get on Crunchyroll, and on time...
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

If this is as much fun as it looks, I'm in. Come on Crunchyroll, let's stream this pronto!!!
                              Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
                              Finished watching - High School DXD New
                              Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X