Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 & Only Neon Alley Thread

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
    Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
    Website's updated and you can now register and see the schedule. I don't see the app on the Playstation Store yet though it'll probably be up soon. Already signed up for the free trial though so I'll be testing it out this evening.
    Whenever Grace Chen decides to do the playstation store update, hopefully its early today and not one of those late 11pm ones :/
    And the Virtue's Last Reward demo is coming this evening as well.
    Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
      Website's updated and you can now register and see the schedule. I don't see the app on the Playstation Store yet though it'll probably be up soon. Already signed up for the free trial though so I'll be testing it out this evening.
      The newsletter says it's launching later this evening.
      The Neon Alley site has posted this:
      NEON ALLEY FANS - PLAYSTATION WILL MAKE THE APP AVAILABLE WITH THEIR OTHER NEW RELEASED APPS TODAY. UNFORTUNATELY THEY DO NOT GUARANTEE A TIME, BUT IT IS EXPECTED BY 5 PM EASTERN TIME.

Comment

It's up on PSN!
        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

First impressions: color me impressed. Streaming is rock solid and the PQ is great, including the HD stuff like T&B. The transitions between commercials, OP>show and show>ED cuts off the last second of sound sometimes, but meh.

Also, Berserk is scheduled to premier at the end of the month.

Overall, Viz has impressed me greatly with such a smooth launch (MUCH better than the Crunchyroll app launch -_-).

Comment

Pretty impressed as well. Commerical time is very short and the commericals are actually pretty otaku centric with anime and game trailers. Also didn't have any problems with the streaming and Tiger and Bunny looked pretty good in HD(dub was great as well). It's a pretty nice app so far and I'm looking forward to hearing the dubs for Nura and Blue Exorcist a bit later on.
            "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

via PR...
              FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VIZ MEDIA DEBUTS NEON ALLEY

24-Hour Programmed Anime Channel Now Available Exclusively on
              PlayStation® 3 With Limited Time One Week Free Trial Offer

San Francisco, CA, October 2, 2012 – VIZ Media, the largest publisher, distributor and licensor of manga, anime and graphic novels in North America, announced the launch of Neon Alley, a 24-hour anime channel featuring the world’s best titles (dubbed in English and uncut), exclusively on the PlayStation┬«Network and the PlayStation┬«3 (PS3™) system.

“The Neon Alley premiere on PlayStation 3 is a landmark event for anime fans,” said Ken Sasaki, President and Chief Executive Officer for VIZ Media. “Neon Alley combines the appointment viewing and joy of discovery of traditional broadcast TV with the ease of subscribing to a dedicated anime channel. Fans will find all of their favorite series alongside the best of the best new series they didn’t even know they were missing!”

Starting today, the Neon Alley application can be downloaded from PlayStation Network for the PS3 system. The subscription-based service will be available for a low $6.99 per month. For a limited time only, starting today, a one-week free trial will be available for fans who sign up at NeonAlley.com.

Neon Alley’s schedule includes a mix of action, adventure, sci-fi, supernatural, fantasy, and horror anime, uncut and dubbed into English, and presented in HD (when available). At launch, Neon Alley will premiere weekly exclusive episodes of BLUE EXORCIST, INUYASHA: THE FINAL ACT, NURA: RISE OF THE YOKAI CLAN, and TIGER & BUNNY. Fans can catch their favorite blockbuster anime from the beginning, including DEATH NOTE, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN, ONE PIECE, VAMPIRE KNIGHT and more. The critically acclaimed BERSERK: THE GOLDEN AGE ARC I - THE EGG OF THE KING will also debut in October. Future premieres include LAGRANGE: THE FLOWER OF RIN-NE and ZETMAN. Viewers can easily find out what’s showing on Neon Alley with an electronic program guide showing the schedule for the week ahead.

Neon Alley is the first platform designed to be studio agnostic, featuring titles from other anime producers and content distributors, including Aniplex, FUNimation, NTV, Taiseng, Anime News Network, and Empire Distribution. Members can also share real-time thoughts and status updates using social media technology from Tout (Tout.com), some of which will air on the network. Neon Alley will continue to unveil more of its programming lineup, special offers, new acquisitions and other partnerships throughout the next several months.

For more information on Neon Alley and to register for updates, please visit www.NeonAlley.com.

For more information on VIZ Media, visit www.viz.com.

Comment

If only they had an app for the 360 to .

Comment

I decided to download it to see how it was being executed, at least app-wise, and I think it looks decent. I don't have a subscription, and probably won't get one for a while, so my experience is only with the (very) limited non-subscriber portion of the app.

Now, with that being said, I have found a way to crash the app while in this limited version. (I don't recommend trying this unless you want to have to shut your PS3 down manually.) When you're on the line that provides the schedule, if you simply press down immediately the screen will turn gray and the system will freeze up. I don't know if this persists into the subscriber portion of the app, since I'm not going to sign up for the 1-week free trial, not yet anyway.

Hopefully they will be able to squash this bug, and anything else that might be found, in an update soon.
                  Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                  Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Did anyone else who's trying this out today have problems with shows locking up? I had to leave several shows and come back to get the video to continue (missing parts of episodes :angry: ) or get any response at all out of the app other than it allowing me to quit. I couldn't tell if this issue is limited to just me, or a limited group of people, or a lot more viewers, or not. I may have to clear some stuff off my PS3 hard drive and see if that helps - it was just a feeling but I wondered if lack of hard drive space might be involved with the issues I'm having (even though I don't have this issue with Netflix or Hulu that I know of).

Comment

Originally posted by MeggieMay View Post
                      Did anyone else who's trying this out today have problems with shows locking up? I had to leave several shows and come back to get the video to continue (missing parts of episodes :angry: ) or get any response at all out of the app other than it allowing me to quit. I couldn't tell if this issue is limited to just me, or a limited group of people, or a lot more viewers, or not. I may have to clear some stuff off my PS3 hard drive and see if that helps - it was just a feeling but I wondered if lack of hard drive space might be involved with the issues I'm having (even though I don't have this issue with Netflix or Hulu that I know of).
                      Nope I haven't had any problems at all so far, but I have heard about that happening to some people. Guess it's a bug they need to look into.
                      "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

I haven't experienced anything like that. All the streaming has been relatively smooth for me, aside from the momentary loss of quality on Nura last night. Only lasted about a minute, so I'm not really complaining.

Comment

I gave Neon Alley a test run, and it looks chances are that I won't be subscribing past the free trial period. While I like the variety of titles on this new service, I don't like the fact that it's essentially a TV channel without a DVR-like feature available. While episodes will have several reruns a week, I prefer to be able to watch stuff when I want to. As far as playback issues are concerned, I noticed that a slight audio delay which was noticeable when I was watching something. Other than that, the playback was smooth for my connection.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            I gave Neon Alley a test run, and it looks chances are that I won't be subscribing past the free trial period. While I like the variety of titles on this new service, I don't like the fact that it's essentially a TV channel without a DVR-like feature available. While episodes will have several reruns a week, I prefer to be able to watch stuff when I want to. As far as playback issues are concerned, I noticed that a slight audio delay which was noticeable when I was watching something. Other than that, the playback was smooth for my connection.
                            That's weird, I haven't noticed any audio delays. What title was it on?

Comment

Originally posted by unclee View Post
                              I haven't experienced anything like that. All the streaming has been relatively smooth for me, aside from the momentary loss of quality on Nura last night. Only lasted about a minute, so I'm not really complaining.
                              So far it's been been better today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As for quaility loss, I did have that happen a few times but it didn't bother me. For all I know it's on my end (WiFi) to begin with so I'm not sure it has a thing to do with Neon Alley .

Update: I spoke too soon - it crashed twice tonight, once during Tiger and Bunny and then once during IY:FA :angry: . I'm starting to think this isn't a issue with my PS3 being too full, seeing I was watching almost two solid hours before these shows with no problems, but server demand issues. All of my crash/freezes with this app are corresponding to high usage times in the Pacific Time Zone! NA may need to get more bandwidth here (or a app that can handle it - whatever they need to do to fix it).
                              Last edited by MeggieMay; 10-04-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unclee View Post
                                Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                                That's weird, I haven't noticed any audio delays. What title was it on?
                                Nura was the show where the audio delay was noticeable. I also watched One Piece and Blue Exorcist as well, and the audio delay was noticeable for One Piece, though there wasn't that problem with Blue Exorcist. I'll watch some more stuff later on to see if it was just a hiccup rather than a technical problem. The picture quality wasn't exactly the best, although I was viewing it at a time when the bandwidth around my apartment complex is usually being hogged up.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X