Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 & Only Neon Alley Thread

It's a good question, but I don't know why they would say that they were "teaming up with Funimation" in their newsletter if they weren't actually collaborating with them. Why would they get the rights from Toei only to say they were teaming up with Funimation? I guess it's possible if they're just saying that because Funimation produced the dub for the show, but it still doesn't really make a lot of sense if that's the reason they worded it that way.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Great news!

Glad to see One Piece will finally air on TV again, even if it is not in the traditional fashion! Hopefully this will lead more people to considering buying subscriptions for Neon Alley! They had my money the first day but now they have it as long as they are on the air with this acquisition!

Comment

via PR...
        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VIZ MEDIA BRINGS THE HIGH SEAS ANIME PIRATE
        ADVENTURE ONE PIECE TO NEON ALLEY THIS FALL

ONE PIECE Licensor Toei Animation Will Be Content Partner For
        New Console-Based 24-Hour Anime Channel Launching On PS3
        And Playstation Network

San Francisco, CA, August 21, 2012 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), the largest publisher, distributor and licensor of manga and anime in North America, continues the digital anime convergence as it announces that Toei Animation, with FUNimation┬« Entertainment acting as the agent, has licensed the celebrated pirate anime action/adventure series, ONE PIECE, for broadcast on Neon Alley, the new 24-hour anime channel VIZ Media launching this Fall exclusively to the Playstation Network and the PS3 game console. Episodes to air on Neon Alley will be presented
        uncut and with dubbed English dialogue.

Neon Alley, featuring the world’s best anime titles all dubbed and uncut in English and presented in HD (when available), is the first platform designed to be studio agnostic, with a diverse array of titles from other leading anime producers and distributors. Programming will include weekly exclusive premieres of hit titles fans love, alongside a mix of new, cutting edge titles they didn’t know they were missing. Neon Alley will be a subscription-based service, subsidized with limited commercial advertising to keep the launch price to consumers at a low $6.99 per month.

“We’re excited to partner with Toei and FUNimation to bring the smash hit ONE PIECE to fans across North America on Neon Alley,” says Brian Ige, Vice President, Animation. “Fans should stay tuned for the Neon Alley launch date and programming details, and prepare to set sail with Luffy and the rest of the Straw Hat pirates this Fall!”

ONE PIECE is based on a massively popular manga (graphic novel) series created by Eiichiro Oda, that is also published in North America by VIZ Media (rated ‘T’ for Teens). In the venerable anime adventure, Monkey D. Luffy refuses to let anyone or anything stand in the way of his quest to become king of all pirates. With a course charted for the treacherous waters of the Grand Line, this is one captain who'll never drop anchor until he's claimed the greatest treasure on Earth – the Legendary One Piece!

For more information on Neon Alley, please visit www.NeonAlley.com.

For more information on Toei Animation, please visit: www.Toei-Anime.co.jp

For more information on FUNimation, please visit: www.funimation.com

For more information on VIZ Media, please visit www.VIZ.com

Comment

via PR...
          FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VIZ MEDIA PARTNERS WITH TOUT INDUSTRIES TO
          GIVE NEON ALLEY MEMBERS AND ANIME FANS A
          FUN NEW WAY TO BE SEEN AND HEARD

VIZ Media And Tout Invite Neon Alley Fans To Create And Share
          Real-Time Video Segments About The 24-Hour Game Console-
          Based Anime Channel This Fall

San Francisco, CA, August 29, 2012 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), the largest publisher, distributor and licensor of manga and anime in North America, has teamed with Tout Industries, Inc. (www.tout.com), a prominent social media technology company, to utilize its platform to enable Neon Alley members to share real-time video status updates. Tout is the latest partner to be announced for Neon Alley, the 24/7 anime channel VIZ Media will debut this Fall.

Tout is an innovative social media tool that gives Neon Alley fans a fun way to communicate and interact with the channel and each other. By downloading the Tout application (available free for iPhone and Android smartphones) and via Webcam, users can easily shoot and share 15-second video status updates. Tout posts are published automatically and in real-time to Tout.com, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, as well as SMS and email contacts. Through Tout's reply feature, users can also engage in Tout video conversations. Tout also offers a free Tout Widget, which can be customized in minutes, and placed on any Neon Alley fan Website or blog.

Anime fans don't have to wait until Neon Alley launches this fall to start sharing touts! With Tout, Neon Alley fans will be able to let their voices be heard on what they’re most excited about in the new channel as they await its launch. When the channel debuts, fans can tout their favorite shows of the week, the best moments from the new daily episodes, show off best cosplay outfits, and more. The Neon Alley team will also feature cool touts on the channel! Visit Tout.com and sign up for a free account and download the app to a mobile device or simply use a PC webcam to send touts to @neonalley and #NAforAnime.

“Tout adds an entirely new layer to the Neon Alley experience by allowing fans a way to easily share video responses in real-time, as well as see what their fellow members think,” says Brian Ige, VIZ Media Vice President, Animation. “In addition to showcasing highlighted fan touts on the channel, Neon Alley will tout as well, delivering announcements from events, behind-the-scenes action from voiceover studios, and more! Join the Neon Alley conversation on Tout today!”

“Our partnership with VIZ Media leverages the creativity of anime fans to give them a fun and easy to use social tool to engage in two-way video communication with other fans and the Neon Alley channel,” says Tout CEO, Michael Downing. “Touts bring Neon Alley viewers together and we look forward to helping Neon Alley grow its social community.”

Neon Alley features the world’s best anime titles all dubbed and uncut in English and presented in HD (when available). Programming will include weekly exclusive premieres of hit titles fans love, alongside a mix of new, cutting edge titles they didn’t know they missed, including blockbusters NARUTO SHIPPUDEN, BLUE EXORCIST, ONE PIECE, BERSERK: THE GOLDEN AGE ARC, TIGER & BUNNY and more. Neon Alley is the first platform designed to be studio agnostic, with a diverse array of titles from other leading anime and content distributors, such as Aniplex, FUNimation, Anime News Network and Taiseng. The service will be subscription-based, subsidized with limited commercial advertising to keep the launch price to consumers at a low $6.99 per month.

For more information on Neon Alley and to register for news and updates on theservice’s launch, please visit www.NeonAlley.com.

Comment

New sizzle reel

Launch date is Tuesday, October 2nd
            "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

If I had to guess, then I'd say Tuesday's newsletter will contain the schedule for at least the month of October. Though when they mentioned the schedule last, they said they had it down for "the fall" so who knows, maybe it'll be a schedule through the end of the year.

Either way, I'm extremely curious. I'll be there when it starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                New sizzle reel

Launch date is Tuesday, October 2nd
                I'm curious to see what the lineup is going to be. We know the shows that will be available, but the episodes that are available is still yet to be determined.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

This is looking way too epic. But I really don't think I can justify paying for a 24/7 service when I'll probably only be able to catch bits and pieces here and there, and since it's not on demand, I probably won't be able to just see all the stuff I care about. I really cannot believe that they already have Zetman dubbed.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I hope they give a free trial or something, just to gauge if my dsl is up for it.

Only one moment of lagrange, Madoka creys.
                    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                      I hope they give a free trial or something, just to gauge if my dsl is up for it.

Only one moment of lagrange, Madoka creys.
                      They said at Comic Con that their will be a 1 week free trial, at least that is what someone who was at the panel reported.

Comment

Website's updated and you can now register and see the schedule. I don't see the app on the Playstation Store yet though it'll probably be up soon. Already signed up for the free trial though so I'll be testing it out this evening.

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Website's updated and you can now register and see the schedule. I don't see the app on the Playstation Store yet though it'll probably be up soon. Already signed up for the free trial though so I'll be testing it out this evening.
                          The newsletter says it's launching later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            The newsletter says it's launching later this evening.
                            Ah. Images weren't coming up in my email so I didn't see that. Works out better for me though since I'll be out for most of the day anyway.

My Anime Planet List

Comment

I have a warning. Email addresses with more than 25 characters won't work at signup.
                              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Whenever Grace Chen decides to do the playstation store update, hopefully its early today and not one of those late 11pm ones :/
                                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X