Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Today is the launch of the new Neon Alley. All they said is that their programming is merging with Hulu, and they haven't really given much details about how it is going to operate. At their launch, the following dubbed episodes are available according the the calendar on the website:

Bleach ep. 1-25
    Inuyasha ep. 1-27
    Accel World ep. 1-4
    Lagrange ep. 1-4
    Tiger and Bunny ep. 1-4
    Zetman ep. 1-4

There is a calendar that tells when stuff is going to be released.
    Now all of that is on Hulu, or where?

Comment

Hulu and Neon Alley.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Isn't Neon Alley stuff only available on Hulu Plus? Or is that if you want to watch Neon Alley on mobile devices you need Hulu Plus?
        Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Originally posted by LKK View Post
          Isn't Neon Alley stuff only available on Hulu Plus? Or is that if you want to watch Neon Alley on mobile devices you need Hulu Plus?
          From what I understand given what the PR said, it will be on Hulu for everyone. The Hulu Plus subscription would only be for higher quality video and for the Hulu+ app usage on other devices.

Here's a link to the Neon Alley page on Hulu. You should be able to find all of these episodes dubbed there now:

Bleach ep. 1-25
          Inuyasha ep. 1-27
          Accel World ep. 1-4
          Lagrange ep. 1-4
          Tiger and Bunny ep. 1-4
          Zetman ep. 1-4

I just checked Bleach episode 1 dubbed and it is working.
          Last edited by sonic; 04-01-2014, 03:35 PM.
          My Anime List - My Collection
          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Interesting. Does this also mean that the channel itself on PS3's and whatnot will be free too or just the online stuff? I've never had a Neon Alley subscription so I'm completely clueless here.

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
              Interesting. Does this also mean that the channel itself on PS3's and whatnot will be free too or just the online stuff? I've never had a Neon Alley subscription so I'm completely clueless here.
              The Hulu offering of Neon Alley is replacing the linear Neon Alley channel. The only way to get Neon Alley content on a PS3 now is to have a Hulu Plus subscription and play the videos on demand. Neon Alley is now free to all fans due to it being on demand on Hulu and not its own channel anymore, that's why they said they made the change.
              Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
              Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
              Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

I see now, I guess it makes sense. I just wonder though if this means that Neon Alley didn't preform well enough for them or something, or at least not well enough to keep its own channel.
                Last edited by InuYashaCrusade; 04-01-2014, 03:50 PM. Reason: added on

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                  I see now, I guess it makes sense. I just wonder though if this means that Neon Alley didn't preform well enough for them or something, or at least not well enough to keep its own channel.
                  That's certainly a possibility that it was not viable for Viz to continue with the dedicated Neon Alley channel, however, they have not publicly said that was the case at least. They told the public the change is to benefit the user base by making their content free and more readily available through Hulu, but I'm sure there's other reasons that factored into this decision too.

Comment

Blood Lad's dub will be up on 6/26 apparently

EDIT: Screencapped it (sorry about that):
                    http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/Je...g.html?filters[user]=134235528&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
                    Last edited by Alphanega; 05-14-2014, 07:59 AM.
                    "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                      Blood Lad's dub will be up on 6/26 apparently: https://www.facebook.com/messages/422391634437556
                      This just takes me to my personal Facebook Messenger. It doesn't show what you are talking about.
                      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Blood Lad's dub will be up on 6/26 apparently: https://www.facebook.com/messages/422391634437556
                        You can't see other people's private messages via Facebook. You'll have to take a screencap of the conversation.

EDIT: Screencapped it (sorry about that):
                        http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/Je...g.html?filters[user]=134235528&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
                        Link doesn't work. But I've fixed it:
                        http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/Je...6626f.png.html
                        Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 05-14-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X