Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
    My main concern for Neon Alley was for the lack of a smartphone app. I recently upgraded to a very capable device, and being able to watch Neon Alley from anywhere on the go would be a major plus to me for subscribing to the service. I can already do as such via Crunchyroll, even with a free app and no subscription. Viz's manga app is decent as well, so I think they'd be able to pull off streaming Neon Alley via app in a way that isn't horrible like the Funimation app experience. I'll look forward to what they have to offer with the service in the future, with an eye toward subscribing. However if I had to pick between Neon Alley and Crunchyroll for which to subscribe to, the choice would be pretty easy.
    Both are depressingly low cost, so I struggle to find a situation in which one would never choose both.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
      My main concern for Neon Alley was for the lack of a smartphone app. I recently upgraded to a very capable device, and being able to watch Neon Alley from anywhere on the go would be a major plus to me for subscribing to the service. I can already do as such via Crunchyroll, even with a free app and no subscription. Viz's manga app is decent as well, so I think they'd be able to pull off streaming Neon Alley via app in a way that isn't horrible like the Funimation app experience. I'll look forward to what they have to offer with the service in the future, with an eye toward subscribing. However if I had to pick between Neon Alley and Crunchyroll for which to subscribe to, the choice would be pretty easy.
      Both are depressingly low cost, so I struggle to find a situation in which one would never choose both.
      How about the situation where it cuts into your anime buying budget or food budget, etc.? I subscribe to nothing currently on a monthly basis, anime or otherwise, mostly because I feel like it would take away from my disc purchasing funds. Subscribing to two services costs twice as much as subscribing to one. So if you only were willing to shell out $7 a month, and not $14 a month, then you would logically only be able to choose one of the two.
      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

How about the situation where it cuts into your anime buying budget or food budget, etc.? I subscribe to nothing currently on a monthly basis, anime or otherwise, mostly because I feel like it would take away from my disc purchasing funds. Subscribing to two services costs twice as much as subscribing to one. So if you only were willing to shell out $7 a month, and not $14 a month, then you would logically only be able to choose one of the two.
        If one has a job and is financially stable, then theres not really that much of a difference between 7$ and 14$. If that was the case then I think a subscription service is not really something one in such a situation ought to be pursuing.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

If one has a job and is financially stable, then theres not really that much of a difference between 7$ and 14$. If that was the case then I think a subscription service is not really something one in such a situation ought to be pursuing.
          Having a job and being financially stable is a different thing entirely from being able to afford excesses such as a subscription service. Anime is already an expensive hobby to begin with. It is something I'd like to have, but I apparently don't value it as highly as you or others might. In my view the difference between $7 a month and $14 a month means another box set that you can't purchase every 3 months rather than every 6 months. I value the physical product more than the streaming service in this case. You should probably consider that not everyone has the conveniences that you might. While I could easily afford $14 a month for both services, it's all about apparent value, and I simply don't think it's worth it for both. Why not throw on an EVS subscription while we're at it, or go for Weekly Shonen Jump as well? Oh that's right, because they're not worth it to me.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Not to mention, I got two free months of Neon Alley, one for their Cyber Monday promo and one for filling out the survey. On top of that, year subscriptions are currently on sale. The live TV only format is why I was hesitant to subscribe, but at the very least the catch up allows me to watch at my own time, although I will have to wait to watch some of the shows.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/neonalley/status/415201347634348032

well Madoka will start again from the 1st episode, but...there will be something new revealed after the holidays...
              https://twitter.com/neonalley/status/415203005357494272

It will be new to Neon Alley...that's all you're getting for now ;-)
              Wonder what it could be. There isn't much left in Viz or Aniplex's catalogue and it's probably not any of their brand new shows since those will probably be saved for Spring.
              "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Maybe the first two Madoka movies? Either way, this is good news for me, since I've been meaning to give Madoka a watch, and I'll probably be able to finish it before my free trial month is up. About how long would it take them to go through all 12 episodes?
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

As I stated in my tweet there I hope it will be the English dub of Gargantia. I think it would be totally possible for them to air it relatively soon.
                  "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Could it be Kenshin TV? Aniplex has started streaming the TV series, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                      Could it be Kenshin TV? Aniplex has started streaming the TV series, after all.
                      That was my thought as well. Guess we'll see

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                        https://twitter.com/neonalley/status/415201347634348032

well Madoka will start again from the 1st episode, but...there will be something new revealed after the holidays...
                        https://twitter.com/neonalley/status/415203005357494272

It will be new to Neon Alley...that's all you're getting for now ;-)
                        Wonder what it could be. There isn't much left in Viz or Aniplex's catalogue and it's probably not any of their brand new shows since those will probably be saved for Spring.
                        I am thinking that it could be Valvrave or Gargantia. Spring sounds just about the right time to air them.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

From Neon Alley's Twitter account:
                          From Viz's Twitter account:
                          Since both accounts mentioned announcements their probably related...wonder what it could be. Might be a new license if both accounts are announcing it

My Anime Planet List

Comment

If it's a license announcement (w/ Neon Alley premiere) my guess is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

But it might be an announcement for the dub casts and Neon Alley start dates for Blood Lad and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet.

Comment

Originally posted by framefreeze100 View Post
                              If it's a license announcement (w/ Neon Alley premiere) my guess is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

But it might be an announcement for the dub casts and Neon Alley start dates for Blood Lad and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet.
                              I think it's too early for either of the latter since their likely to be spring shows

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                                From Neon Alley's Twitter account:
                                From Viz's Twitter account:
                                Since both accounts mentioned announcements their probably related...wonder what it could be. Might be a new license if both accounts are announcing it
                                I wonder if it has to do with that Facebook trivia question that hinted that series that caused discomfort and anguish with a lot of fans last year.
                                Mari can't pull herself together because the Girl Friends Complete Collection 2 is about to be released by Seven Seas ON JANUARY 8TH or else Akko will get.....
                                Girls' Love Festival 10!!! 9/29/2013, On the edge of October; not exactly Labor Day!
                                Follow my VERY useful thoughts on Twitter!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X