Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] 1 & Only Neon Alley Thread (PS3, Xbox 360, Mac, PC)

Widgets Magazine
    A take II of the Neon Alley thread, so updates can be maintained on the first post.

Original Thread || Official Website | Facebook Page | Official Trailer
    BRINGING YOU...
    • Streaming anime delivered 24/7 straight to your TV via your connected video game console
    • Uncut, all English dubbed
    • Weekly exclusive premieres
    • HD content*
    • Anime, martial arts movies, and more

------

SEE IT FIRST

Exclusive English Dubbed Premieres of:
    • NARUTO Shippuden
    • Tiger & Bunny
    • Inuyasha - The Final Act
    • ZETMAN
    • Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne-
    • Blue Exorcist *
    • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan *

More favorites - ALL UNCUT - like:
    • Vampire Knight
    • NARUTO
    • Death Note
    • Kekkaishi
    • Nana *

Some of the best new and classic anime films:
    • Berserk: The Gold Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
    • Bleach the Movie
    • NARUTO Shippuden the Movie
    We're bringing back kung fu classics & anime inspired live-action movies with our partner Taiseng

The list is always growing! Register above and follow us for the absolute latest information on all things Neon Alley.

* Just Added
    http://www.facebook.com/neonalleynetwork/info
    About
    • Streaming anime delivered 24/7 straight to your TV via your connected PlayStation 3 video game console for $6.99 a month. Uncut, all English dubbed, weekly exclusive premieres, HD content*, Anime, martial arts movies, and more! *when available

Mission
    • To provide the freshest, worldclass anime to our consumers

Description
    • Available in United States & Canada

Basic Info
    • Release Date: Fall 2012

Re: 1 & Only Neon Alley Thread

via Neon Alley Facebook page
    Just getting the last few touches added to next Tuesday's newsletter. This time its an acquisition! Any guesses?

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      Just getting the last few touches added to next Tuesday's newsletter. This time its an acquisition! Any guesses?
      One fan on the facebook page claims that Media Blasters will continue to dub Bakuman with Viz's help. Would be interesting if it turns out to be true.
      If Neon Alley can stream an Aniplex USA title (Blue Exorcist) why not a Media Blasters title too? Not like Media Blasters is a major player in legal streaming and Neon Alley would help give the series more attention; who knows maybe Viz is even helping to fund the dub since Media Blasters kind of needs it.

Hope it's not something brand new like Beelzebub or Hunter x Hunter 2011; I'd prefer if Funimation licensed & dubbed those series but if Viz did license one of them you'd think it would've been announced during on of the big cons this summer so it's probably one of these:

- Reborn (Viz has streaming rights, time to finally pick up full rights and dub it?)
      - Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan: Demon Capital (season 2)

or maybe a "troll license" and they'll officially announce the third Naruto: Shippuden movie (even though it has a home video release date) and that will premiere on Neon Alley
      Last edited by JacksonHoltorp; 08-20-2012, 01:49 AM.
      http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com
      https://www.patreon.com/Jackson_VA_Data

Comment

I'm hoping it's Accel World. Would be nice to already have confirmation that it's getting dubbed.

Comment

Assuming their not counting anything in their Viz Anime backlog since they would presumably already have the rights to those shows (sans Reborn perhaps because they constantly say they don't) and would announce them when their actually ready to be dubbed(which AW presumably wouldn't since it's still airing in Japan) there are some interesting possiblities. I suppose it could just end up being Will of Fire since there hasn't been any formal announcement regarding that but with the release date and format details already out it would kind of be a waste.

In the event it isn't that. and it's something new to Viz in general..I have the odd feeling it could be Penguindrum given that it;s supposedly licensed here already and Sentai and Funi being quiet about for so long doesn't fit their M.O. if either of them have it(especially not with quite literally every European licensor announcing it recently). Not too sure how I'd feel if I was right though...
          Last edited by Alphanega; 08-20-2012, 01:29 PM.
          "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonHoltorp View Post
            One fan on the facebook page claims that Media Blasters will continue to dub Bakuman with Viz's help. Would be interesting if it turns out to be true.
            If Neon Alley can stream an Aniplex USA title (Blue Exorcist) why not a Media Blasters title too? Not like Media Blasters is a major player in legal streaming and Neon Alley would help give the series more attention; who knows maybe Viz is even helping to fund the dub since Media Blasters kind of needs it.

Hope it's not something brand new like Beelzebub or Hunter x Hunter 2011; I'd prefer if Funimation licensed & dubbed those series but if Viz did license one of them you'd think it would've been announced during on of the big cons this summer so it's probably one of these:

- Reborn (Viz has streaming rights, time to finally pick up full rights and dub it?)

or maybe a "troll license" and they'll officially announce the third Naruto: Shippuden movie (even though it has a home video release date) and that will premiere on Neon Alley

OMG if they can do Bakuman!!!! Though I thought it was said somewhere that Bakuman had already been all dubbed.

Tegami Bachi would be a nice choice if they can get it.
            Last edited by 27CansOfTuna; 08-20-2012, 03:03 PM.
            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Well Viz finally put out an official press release for Will of Fire so it;s most likely not the "acqusition" though I suppose the odds were pretty low if it's supposed to be an actual license announcement.

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                OMG if they can do Bakuman!!!! Though I thought it was said somewhere that Bakuman had already been all dubbed.

Tegami Bachi would be a nice choice if they can get it.
                I think there's some mixed up info concerning what has and hasn't been dubbed.

IIRC some fans have said they were told by Michael Sinterniklaas that the rest of Bakuman season 1 has been dubbed by nobody has picked up the bill yet.

I don't think season 2 has been dubbed at all (still being released in Japan?)

It's also possible Sinterniklaas meant to say that the next set of Bakuman has been dubbed (episodes 8-13).

Since Media Blasters has tried to release that set of episodes multiple times and even including them in a canceled BD release (eps 1-13) it could be because they don't have the $$$ at the moment to actual pay for those dubbed episodes.

Whether 14-26 have been dubbed who knows...

I'd like to think that all of season 1 has been dubbed, but I wouldn't be surprised if only half of season 1 was dubbed and the production is on hiatus at the moment unless Viz comes to the rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonHoltorp View Post

Ya this is something similar to what I was told at AX. MB said something about the JPs wanting Viz to continue Bakuman, so Viz would ultimately take over the show and dub it. MB also said they had the first half dubbed. 12 episodes about? If everything is cleared and Bakuman is finished and shown on Neon Alley then that would be really cool. We shall see I guess...

Comment

One Piece? Considering VIZ publishes the manga, I wouldn't be surprised if it got on.
                    Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                      One Piece? Considering VIZ publishes the manga, I wouldn't be surprised if it got on.
                      Looks like you were right, it is, in fact One Piece.

BREAKING NEWS: We're teaming up with FUNimation to bring you the grand pirate saga One Piece to the Neon Alley line-up!
                      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

One Piece eh? Well since I partially expected something like this I guess it's not too disappointing and I suppose it wouldn;t make sense announce an actual new license through this sort of thing. Well at least it wasn't wasted with a Will of Fire announcement. Kinda surprised Funi would throw their hat in with Viz on this but since Viz already streams OP subbed on their site I guess it was just a matter of time. Only thing that surprises me is them listing the dub cast. I would hope that by this point all the fans know there's a dub
                        Last edited by Alphanega; 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM.

My Anime Planet List

Comment

So it's One Piece. I think it fits the bill. I really wasn't expecting a "new" series.

Comment

I think it's pretty interesting that Funimation is cooperating with them for this. It seems like Viz is able to work deals with anyone for Neon Alley. The main reason I'm surprised is because with either Funimation or Sentai, they both have their own anime channel to cater to which could be something of a competition to Neon Alley, even if their formats and delivery methods are different. I guess from their view it amounts to a win-win scenario, so there's no reason not to go for it.

I want to see what other plans Neon Alley has up their sleeves.
                            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                              I think it's pretty interesting that Funimation is cooperating with them for this. It seems like Viz is able to work deals with anyone for Neon Alley. The main reason I'm surprised is because with either Funimation or Sentai, they both have their own anime channel to cater to which could be something of a competition to Neon Alley, even if their formats and delivery methods are different. I guess from their view it amounts to a win-win scenario, so there's no reason not to go for it.

I want to see what other plans Neon Alley has up their sleeves.
                              Wouldn't be so sure about that. Is it Funimation or Toei? Does this count as streaming (which FUNimation has the rights) or broadcast rights (which FUNimation did not have at one point and may still not have)?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X