• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] FanimeCon 2011 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    FanimeCon 2011 (May 27-30, 2011 - San Jose, CA) | Program Schedule
    • Durarara!! Panel
      • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/28 at 1:00 PM
      • Calling all Durarara!! fans! Come on and join us at our panel featuring the hit series Durarara!! We’ll be showing sneak previews of upcoming episodes and blooper reels. See you there!
    • Aniplex of America Panel
      • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/28 at 2:00 PM
      • Aniplex has brought you many hit shows such as “Durarara!!,” “Gurren Lagann,” “Fullmetal Alchemist,” “Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler),” Come and join us to see what’s in store for 2011 and catch sneak previews.
    • VIZ Media Panel
      • 60 minutes | Sun, 05/29 at 3:00 PM
      • The VIZ Media team gives you the latest scoop on everything from acquisitions to new and upcoming projects for the summer & fall for both manga & anime!
    Last edited by WTK; 05-23-2011, 07:05 PM.

Re: FanimeCon 2011 Discussion Thread

Sound the alarm...we have a VIZ sighting. I don't expect anything from them though. Let's see if they will do a Q&A session this time around unlike AX.

Comment

Viz panel must be a joke or error - I only cringe at the thought of them ruining another show's fans hopes and dreams of [insert anime property here].
      Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        Sound the alarm...we have a VIZ sighting. I don't expect anything from them though. Let's see if they will do a Q&A session this time around unlike AX.
        Of course, they will run before the Q&A....

Comment

I wonder if Viz will anounce an R1 DVD/BD release of Tiger and Bunny this early (or wait until later to make that move).
          Joseph Klemm
          "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
          Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
          Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
          Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
            I wonder if Viz will anounce an R1 DVD/BD release of Tiger and Bunny this early (or wait until later to make that move).
            I wonder if they will announce more streaming titles. It's possible that they will formally announce that will announce Reborn streaming on VIZAnime. As to Tiger and Bunny...I guess anything is possible. And let's see if they will say something about InuYasha - The Final Act.

Comment

I wonder if they will announce more streaming titles. It's possible that they will formally announce that will announce Reborn streaming on VIZAnime. As to Tiger and Bunny...I guess anything is possible. And let's see if they will say something about InuYasha - The Final Act.
              Viz is going to show Tiger & Bunny off as a licensing convention next month, so this is probably a case of Viz getting the master license to the show.
              Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
              Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Viz will tell you all how grateful you should be that they cancel most of their stuff shortly after licensing it. My biggest hope for Viz at this point is that they don't announce anything, since that pretty much just means that anime won't get licensed by a company who will actually release all of it. I guess they already have Tiger & Bunny, so a BD release announcement would be nice.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I'm still hoping to go to Fanime this year. If so, I'll check out the Viz panel and see what they say.
                  I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                  - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Program schedule is now up: LINK.

Comment

via Aniplex of America Facebook page
                      Anybody going to Fanime! this weekend? Don't forget to check out our Panel This Saturday at 2:00 PM. We have some special announcements you don't want to miss!
                      More...
                      Ask ay fan to name his or her top 10 anime shows and chances are likely that it might be an Aniplex-produced show. At the forefront of Japan's Anime industry, Aniplex continues to showcase through US licensees some of the most memorable and popular anime franchises to ever wow viewers such as Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, Durarara and Blood+. After successfully launching titles directly to video, Aniplex is set to set the bar higher than ever before. Come join our panel as we have Exclusive Trailers, Exciting News and Special Announcements. Aniplex would like to thank their fans for their support and hope to see you guys there.
                      Last edited by WTK; 05-25-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Quote a CrunchyRoll forum moderator:

Originally posted by BasouKazuma
                        Got a special new thing we're doing during Fanime. So keep an eye on the Site News for info about that.
                        (http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...?pg=9#36559174)
                        The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Anybody going to Fanime! this weekend? Don't forget to check out our Panel This Saturday at 2:00 PM. We have some special announcements you don't want to miss!
                          I'm probably thinking that either Blue Exorcist gets a BD release or that one of their properties gets licensed like OreImo or Madoka Magica. I have a feeling that it will be something related to Blue Exorcist.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
                          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                            I am thinking that they announce TV deals for Tiger and Bunny (SyFy would be the logical choice to place it) and Inuyasha the Final Act (Kekkaishi is finishing up, and Adult Swim did say they have one more title, which is believed to be this). Considering that this is Viz, we will see what happens.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
                            Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                            Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              I'm probably thinking that either Blue Exorcist gets a BD release or that one of their properties gets licensed like OreImo or Madoka Magica. I have a feeling that it will be something related to Blue Exorcist.
                              And/or a completely unsurprising announcement with date for a limited U.S. distribution deal or repackaged release for the already-with-English-subtitles Welcome to the Space Show Blu-ray.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X