X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] FUNimation licenses Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    Lastly, home entertainment rights have also be acquired for the following, with additional information to be announced at a later date:

Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection
    Synopsis: A crisis is approaching Earth with the expansion of a moving black hole, in the year 2220. A plan is devised to move over 300-million people from Earth. When the latest transportation fleet is attacked, Space Battleship Yamato comes to its defense, the ship is now commanded by Susumu Kodai, also aboard is daughter Miyuki, child of Susumu and Yuki.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-28-2012, 04:35 PM.

Re: FUNimation licenses Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection

Awesome, more sci fi anime is always good.
    Last edited by 27CansOfTuna; 07-28-2012, 04:33 PM.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I never visit the franchise and don't think I will at this point.

Comment

I probably shouldn't delude myself into thinking this might actually be some manner of rights to the more recent, and ongoing, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 movies/TV series.

What I've seen of the actual Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection movie doesn't get me too excited for this announcement, but who knows, maybe the film plays better than I think.

::edit::
        Oh well, just saw WTK's update. The Resurrection movie it is, then.
        Last edited by Junker Woland; 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM.
        Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
          I probably shouldn't delude myself into thinking this might actually be some manner or rights to the more recent, and ongoing, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 movies/TV series.

What I've seen of the actual Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection movie doesn't get me too excited for this announcement, but who knows, maybe the film overall plays better than I think.
          Yeah I wish it was to the newer series instead of this ...
          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Wow, was not expecting them to get this. I was watching Star Blazers on Syfy before they dropped their anime block, I suppose is if I ever get around to finishing that and the other movies on Netflix or somewhere I'll watch this afterwards. That won't happen for quite some time though.

Comment

A somewhat unexpected pick-up coming from FUNimation. I'm very much interested in this movie.

Comment

I'm far more interested in the current reboot. But if buying Resurrection may help towards getting a US license of the reboot, then buy Resurrection, I will.
                Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Would have been more interested in the live action, and since this sounded like a continuation, and I don't have much exposure to the original storyline, this never interested much.
                  My animé & figure collections
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings
                  XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I'll pick this up and hope we get 2199 as well.
                    "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                    Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Will surly get it if it was released on BD, but I wonder if we will get the original theartical version or the Director's Cut one ?
                      Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

I'm in for this, as would be expected. Still surprised to see someone other than Voyager getting a Yamato property. Hopefully this is a harbinger of Yamato 2199. I've already bought the first two BD's of that. A US license would save me a bit of cash

Comment

Now this is a true surprise license. I've been thinking about watching this movie at some point, but now I'll hold off for FUNi's DVD release. This also just reminds me that I should, one day, finally watch the Yamato movies I have on DVD from Voyager.
                          Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                          Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Hopefully this will be the Director's Cut version that was advertised on the first Yamato 2199 disc. I'll definitely be getting this one and will keep my fingers crossed that it will be available on BD.

Comment

I love the original Yamato (have the R3 release), so I might give this a shot.
                              Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
                              Touch is still the greatest show ever.
                              Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X