Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Fairy Tail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series & movie)

That's pretty neat for an exclusive. Since they're going out with a bang for the final volume for the first series, hopefully they're hard at work getting home video rights to the next parts.
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series &amp; movie)

I'm pretty curious as to what the final product for the jersey will look like. My boyfriend's a fan of FT, so he'll definitely want it if it's real nice.

EDIT: Stupid me didn't see the jersey on the cover art thread. Yeah, I'll be getting that for him.
      Last edited by BlueAlexander93; 12-13-2014, 08:52 PM.
      My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
      My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
      Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Oh hey, I didn't even think about it being 12/13/14. Interesting idea. Since I haven't bought any of the previous releases I won't just jump to Part 15 even with an exclusive, but it's always nice to see something out of the ordinary.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I forgot Americans use the month first, was confused for a sec lol

Anyway, interesting that there is no mention of 15 being the final part or end of the first series. Maybe Part 16 will arrive sooner? That'll probably explain why there was a big gap between Part 14 and 15 ( 2 Dec- TBA March, almost three months). Or maybe this is just wishful thinking aha.

Comment

Part 15 is going to be the last volume. Part 14 has episodes 154-164, so #15 will have 165-175, and that'll be it for the first series. Then it's on to Fairy Tail '14, some time next year.
            My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
            My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
            Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

That's a pretty nice exclusive item there. But I have no plans to get it as I usually punt on long series. I have been enjoying this show through my EVS subscription, so I won't buy this just to get that shirt, but it's always nice to have an exclusive item attached to this.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
              Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                Since they're going out with a bang for the final volume for the first series, hopefully they're hard at work getting home video rights to the next parts.
                A month ago Monica Rial said they were in the 190s of the dub, so I'd bet the sets will keep rolling out without any acknowledgment that "176+" is actually a different series in Japan (and on Crunchyroll).
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                  Since they're going out with a bang for the final volume for the first series, hopefully they're hard at work getting home video rights to the next parts.
                  A month ago Monica Rial said they were in the 190s of the dub, so I'd bet the sets will keep rolling out without any acknowledgment that "176+" is actually a different series in Japan (and on Crunchyroll).
                  Thanks. I needed that today, you have no idea.
                  My Anime List
                  YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                  Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

It's just as I would have expected that the dub for Fairy Tail didn't take a break like the anime series did. Given the timetable that I would expect the first release of the second season begins this spring, and to EVS subscribers even sooner than that.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      It's just as I would have expected that the dub for Fairy Tail didn't take a break like the anime series did. Given the timetable that I would expect the first release of the second season begins this spring, and to EVS subscribers even sooner than that.
                      Currently there is no Japan home video release solicited for Series 2. I just have a hard time believing that Japan will allow a home video release from FUNimation before them.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                        Currently there is no Japan home video release solicited for Series 2. I just have a hard time believing that Japan will allow a home video release from FUNimation before them.
                        Think it might be a Broadcast Dub or part of a deal with some other streaming service like Netflix?

Comment

Well technically they have been released as they have been included in the monthly Fairy Tail magazine (four episodes each magazine), and according to Wikipedia (I know) Japan are going to release 176–179 properly on July 7, 2014. So FUNi putting out Part 16 so soon wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post
                            Well technically they have been released as they have been included in the monthly Fairy Tail magazine (four episodes each magazine), and according to Wikipedia (I know) Japan are going to release 176–179 properly on July 7, 2014. So FUNi putting out Part 16 so soon wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.
                            That's interesting. I didn't realize they were doing episodes as magazine exclusive. Fairy Tail Japan site only notes 4 episodes per magazine (no episode number notation). It will be interesting to see if Japan will release the DVDs by itself later on.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAIRY_TAIL
                            第2期

DVDは『月刊 FAIRY TAIL マガジン』に内包されている。
                            1 2014年7月17日 第176話 - 第179話 KDS-0209 ナツ & ハッピー 大魔闘演武・総集編(175話まで)
                            2 2014年8月16日 第180話 - 第183話 KDS-0210 ルーシィ トーク de ギルド![4](第1回ゲスト:柿原徹也)
                            3 2014年9月17日 第184話 - 第187話 KDS-0211 グレイ トーク de ギルド!(第2回ゲスト:釘宮理恵)
                            4 2014年10月17日 第188話 - 第191話 KDS-0212 エルザ トーク de ギルド!(第3回ゲスト:大原さやか)
                            5 2014年11月17日 第192話 - 第195話 KDS-0213 ウェンディ & シャルル トーク de ギルド!(第4回ゲスト:中原麻衣)

Comment

Huh, I didn't realize the second series wasn't going through the standard home video release pattern. I guess Broadcast Dub-type distribution is most likely for the foreseeable future, then.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

That's great to hear, hopefully we won't have to wait too long for Part 16 (or S2 2014 Part 1) to be released on Blu-Ray.

I'm rather shocked at this info, just assumed it had a normal home video release schedule.
                                My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X