Funimation licenses Fairy Tail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail Season 2 and movie

Looking at the Orders page on TRSI it seems Part 6 might also has some bundle planned: http://i.imgur.com/6oaggrB.png
    fun09171 Fairy Tail DVD/Blu-ray Part 6 (Hyb)
    BUNDLE1332 Fairy Tail DVD/Blu-ray Part 6 (Hyb)
    FT22GIFT Fairy Tail DVD/Blu-ray Part 6 Gift With Purchase

Comment

https://twitter.com/rootsofjustice/s...84875839176704
      ANNOUNCEMENT: FUNimation confirms their Fairy Tail license extends beyond episode 100, exact count unknown. #FUNimation #AnimeBoston

Comment

Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail Season 2 (eps 49-72) to beyond eps 100 & movie

They probably have up to episode 124 going by their licensing pattern. Nice to see some confirmation though. Hopefully they won't take as long to release s3 as they did s2.
        "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail Season 2 (eps 49-72) to beyond eps 100 & movie

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
          Nice to see some confirmation though. Hopefully they won't take as long to release s3 as they did s2.
          Nice to have a confirmation, but to me it feels under the radar. Why wasn't this part of their announcements after English cast? And instead it's stuck with the Q&A. It seems like a weird strategy to me.

Comment

So it looks like FUNimation just unveiled two major things about the Fairy Tail movie:

http://www.funimation.com/lee/blog/a...eekend/7696287

1) Looks like it'll premiere subbed at A-Kon this Saturday at 10am.
            2) Looks like they're going for the title Fairy Tail: Phoenix Priestess.

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            Nice to have a confirmation, but to me it feels under the radar. Why wasn't this part of their announcements after English cast? And instead it's stuck with the Q&A. It seems like a weird strategy to me.
            Maybe it's just me but it seems almost as if they don't want people to know how many episodes they've licensed. They were also unusually dodgy about Toriko if I recall.
            Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 05-29-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
              So it looks like FUNimation just unveiled two major things about the Fairy Tail movie:

http://www.funimation.com/lee/blog/a...eekend/7696287

1) Looks like it'll premiere subbed at A-Kon this Saturday at 10am.
              2) Looks like they're going for the title Fairy Tail: Phoenix Priestess.

Maybe it's just me but it seems almost as if they don't want people to know how many episodes they've licensed. They were also unusually dodgy about Toriko if I recall.
              Probably a lame answer but it's possible they're going to make it a bigger announcement for this Friday's The Funimation Show (episode 6).

Since the teaser is Fairy Tail related and IIRC Todd Haberkorn said he'd get a tattoo if Fairy Tail got to 100 episodes (I thought the original deal was if season 2 was licensed but I guess it was increased)

Some other fans already mentioned this. They probably would've announced it sooner but the web series has been delayed a bit with Golden Week in Japan and then the One Piece marathon
              Last edited by framefreeze100; 05-29-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Since the teaser is Fairy Tail related and IIRC Todd Haberkorn said he'd get a tattoo if Fairy Tail got to 100 episodes (I thought the original deal was if season 2 was licensed but I guess it was increased)
                No, it was always if the dub reached episode 100. Funi mentioned that the license extended beyond that during the industry panel's Q&A at AB, but not to which specific episode.

Comment

Well seeing as the movie was recently released in japan I looked up info at CDJapan that it includes a prologue as an extra.
                  Special Features: prologue "Hajimari no Asa" (unreleased anime) and promotional footage.
                  Since at A-kon there will be a premiere of the movie subtitled it would be nice to ask the Funimation during one of their panels whether they will include this prologue on their release.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                    Well seeing as the movie was recently released in japan I looked up info at CDJapan that it includes a prologue as an extra.
                    Special Features: prologue "Hajimari no Asa" (unreleased anime) and promotional footage.
                    Since at A-kon there will be a premiere of the movie subtitled it would be nice to ask the Funimation during one of their panels whether they will include this prologue on their release.
                    Extra details like this almost always don't get revealed during/after it's ready to be solicited. That's not how they (or anyone else in R1) really operates.

With that said, it's included in the upcoming R3TW release (July via Muse). So barring something weird, it should be included with the FUNimation release.

Comment

https://twitter.com/rootsofjustice/s...84875839176704
                      ANNOUNCEMENT: FUNimation confirms their Fairy Tail license extends beyond episode 100, exact count unknown. #FUNimation #AnimeBoston
                      Here is the video/audio confirmation: http://youtu.be/ed0J0vPNSTs?t=25m53s

Comment

Fairy Tail, Part 5 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $54.98 - 7/23/13
                        Contains episodes 49-60.

Special Features: Select Episode Commentaries, Creditless Opening and Ending, Trailers.

via TRSI - While supplies last, customers ordering Fairy Tail part 5 will also receive a Cait Shelter Guild temporary tattoo!
                        Fairy Tail, Part 6 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $54.98 - 8/20/13
                        Contains episodes 61-72.

Special Features: Select Episode Commentaries, Creditless Opening and Ending, Trailers.

via TRSI - While supplies last, customers ordering Fairy Tail part 6 will also receive an Oracion Seis Guild temporary tattoo!

Comment

http://ndkdenver.tumblr.com/post/556...tail-the-movie
                          NDK 2013 Premiere Announcement: Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess!

We’re thrilled to announce we’ll be premiering the highly-anticipated English dub of this full-length film, thanks to our friends at FUNimation!

Comment

16:26:20 <bay|Ota|FUNi> more Fairy Tail
                            16:26:21 <bay|Ota|FUNi> all of it
                            16:26:26 <bay|Ota|FUNi> up to 175

Comment

Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail Season 2 (eps 49-72) to beyond eps 100 &amp; movie

16:26:20 <bay|Ota|FUNi> more Fairy Tail
                              16:26:21 <bay|Ota|FUNi> all of it
                              16:26:26 <bay|Ota|FUNi> up to 175
                              Definitely an impressive announcement. If it wasn't apparent that we'd be getting more Fairy Tail anime soon, I'd start buying the series from FUNimation because of this news.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail Season 2 (eps 49-72) to beyond eps 100 &amp; movie

Hopefully sales stay strong, so Fairy Tail anime 2 can be picked up, especially since this ends mid arc.
                                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X