Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series & movie)

That would actually be a good idea. It's very well timed, as a major revelation in the main series came right after this ended. The question is does Funi want to give it a broadcast dub now, or wait until after the Tartaros arc is dubbed?

Comment

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series & movie)

Now I'm fully aware of DVD vs. Broadcast changes and all but I wasn't expecting this for the 3 character endings that are on this set. For example, here's the broadcast version of the ending for episode 203 LINK while here's the clean final image of the ED from the DVD LINK
      My Anime List
      YouTube <- I do collection Videos
      Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series &amp; movie)

via FUNimation Shop & TRSI:

Fairy Tail, Part 19 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 350 minutes - $54.98 - 3/22/16
        - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=123918
        Contains episodes 213-226.

Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Guild Pride: Lamia Scale, Guild Pride: Blue Pegasus, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailer.
        Last edited by WTK; 12-15-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

^^ its actually 350 minutes(14 episodes) 213-226. The increase is because there was another numbering change in the JP home releases starting at 227. Just to note, depending on how the JP numbering go when fairy tail zero hits JP home releases, part 20 won't be out til Aug/sept at the very earliest.
          My Anime List

Comment

^ It's fixed now.

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/...-announcements
              Fairy Tail Zero (continuing series)
              Simulcast & Broadcast Dub

This prequel series depicts the founding of the Fairy Tail guild. Many years ago, Mavis Vermilion was a servant on Sirius Island, mistreated by a guild master and his daughter, Zera. But Mavis stayed positive, because her mother once told her that fairies never visit people who cry about their problems. When the guild came under attack, Mavis pulled Zera from the wreckage into the forest. Seven years went by, and the powerful wizards Warrod Sequen, Precht, and Yuri Dreyer arrived on the island, seeking a powerful jade gemstone. This journey would change the course of magical history.

Note: You read that right, Fairy Tail is getting a Broadcast Dub! Beginning with Fairy Tail Zero this season, fans of the series will be able to enjoy English dubbed episodes just a few weeks after the simulcast airs on the FUNimation Streaming Service.
              Last edited by WTK; 12-21-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

That's awesome. I'm still not sold that the series will be called "Fairy Tail Zero" I think It'll still be "Fairy Tail" adapting the Zero Storyline.
                My Anime List

Comment

I guess this kind of halfway between a new installment in the franchise getting a Broadcast Dub and the series proper starting to have one at this point. From their wording, I assume the non-Zero series will have one after Zero is over as well, so that's cool.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Wasn't paying attention to this from last week.

Fairy Tail Zero starts with
                    - Episode 266 @ http://www.funimation.com/shows/fair...-in-your-heart
                    - Episode 91 (of Series 2) @ http://www.crunchyroll.com/fairy-tail

Comment

Fairy Tail - Part Nineteen - Coming Soon trailer

Comment

Fairy Tail Zero - Broadcast Dub Preview

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          via FUNimation Shop & TRSI:

Fairy Tail, Part 19 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 350 minutes - $54.98 - 3/22/16
                          - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=123918
                          Contains episodes 213-226.

Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Guild Pride: Lamia Scale, Guild Pride: Blue Pegasus, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailer.
                          Should note, that the DVD's only have the 2 commentary tracks as special features, they don't even have the typical collection of trailers which is EXTREMELY odd. The Blu-rays have all the features, including the 8 different character endings as textless versions.
                          My Anime List

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Fairy Tail Part 20 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 325 minutes - $54.98 - 6/7/16
                            - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=128938
                            Eps 227-239.

Special Features: Guild Pride: Fairy Tail, Episode Commentaries, Textless Opening, Textless Closing, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
                            Last edited by WTK; 03-17-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                              Just to note, depending on how the JP numbering go when fairy tail zero hits JP home releases, part 20 won't be out til Aug/sept at the very earliest.
                              Originally posted by WTK View Post
                              Fairy Tail Part 20 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 325 minutes - $54.98 - 6/7/16
                              - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=128938
                              Eps 227-239.

Special Features: Guild Pride: Fairy Tail, Episode Commentaries, Textless Opening, Textless Closing, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
                              I stand corrected, and stunned at the same time. Episode 239 received it's JP home release on Jan 15 2016, which means we're getting these and on Blu-ray too not even 6 months later. At this new rate, I'd expect Part 21 in October since the latter episodes for that set come out in Japan on DVD in April.
                              My Anime List

Comment

With Fairy Tail Zero having just wrapped up, this Friday's episode will be the last one of the second season. This show will be going on hiatus as a new Fairy Tail project is in the works to adapt the Avatar and the current Alvarez Empire arcs. So far, there isn't much info as all that is being said is that there's a new project currently under development and no target date has been announced. It will be interesting to see if there is a studio change seeing that the first season was a collaboration between A-1 and Satelight before Satelight was replaced by Bridge for the second season.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                                Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X