Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Fairy Tail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series & movie)

^^On the topic of the OVA's, I'd rather they slip them in with the parts releases rather than have a collection for the 6, since there very well could be many more down the line, and packaging just a few of them would be (for me) worse than not having them at all.
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series &amp; movie)

Godammit Rhys2753 you got me excited when I saw this bumped up again haha!! Anyway, I'd say it sells pretty well, when new parts come out they are usually in the top 5 on Amazon's best selling anime, I checked last week it was number two on the release date, also the fact FUNi take ages for the collections is another good sign I think. I still hope that Part 16 is solicited for June, just maybe you never know!

Comment

via FUNi Shop & TRSI:

Fairy Tail: Collection 4 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 600 minutes - $54.98 - 6/2/15
        - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=104372
        Special Features: Episode 74 Commentary, Episode 79 Commentary, Episode 89 Commentary, Episode 96 Commentary, Textless Opening Songs: Evidence, The Rock City Boy, Textless Closing Songs: Hitori Samishiku, Don't think. Feel!!!, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
        Last edited by WTK; 03-18-2015, 12:50 AM.

Comment

ht: Daniel Lee Sewell.

https://twitter.com/DanielLeeSewell/...62246852730881

@Funimation, I see Fairy Tail series 2 dub eps 176-187 will be up for eve members on June 30
          I wonder if they'll announce or just solict Part 16 when it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post

@Funimation, I see Fairy Tail series 2 dub eps 176-187 will be up for eve members on June 30
            From the look of things, August is when I can see it being released given that the June and July solicits have been announced. But seeing the dubbed episodes getting out there is more important seeing that Funi doesn't expect a long series to sell.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
            Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post

From the look of things, August is when I can see it being released given that the June and July solicits have been announced. But seeing the dubbed episodes getting out there is more important seeing that Funi doesn't expect a long series to sell.
              First off YAAAAAAAY
              Second, i see the announcement coming with anime central right before solicitations go up. Also, with these fully popping up in late june you think an early release is possible(ala Amazon) again?
              My Anime List

Comment

How in advance do the elite members usually get dubs? This is exciting news indeed nonetheless!

Comment

normally, the first 2 (1 cour show) or 4 (2 cour show) dubbed episodes get uploaded around a month or two before the release date, then the rest get uploaded 2 weeks before the release date.

Comment

via FUNimation Shop & TRSI:

Fairy Tail, Part 16 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $54.98 - 8/25/15
                    - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=108612
                    Includes: Eps 176-187

Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
                    Last edited by WTK; 05-15-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

I honestly would have preferred them treating 176+ as Series 2 like Japan is, but this is still okay.

I fear for when they get too close to the Japanese broadcast/DVD releases though.
                      My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
                        Originally posted by WTK View Post

I honestly would have preferred them treating 176+ as Series 2 like Japan is, but this is still okay.

I fear for when they get too close to the Japanese broadcast/DVD releases though.
                        I see FUNi locking into a 3-month gap between releases here on in.
                        My Anime List

Comment

Agree that I would have preferred them treating this as Series 2 as well.

Comment

I still find it odd how Japan still do not have a blu-ray release for Fairy Tail (aside from the movie).

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tail-Par.../dp/B00XX9KLI6

So Part 16 is up on AMZN now with the August 25th date. No Early release then, wonder why the episodes are going up on the site nearly 2 months early. They're missing out on a golden opportunity for releasing it on July 7th (Big date in the series).
                              Last edited by Rhys2753; 05-21-2015, 11:47 AM.
                              My Anime List

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                                http://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tail-Par.../dp/B00XX9KLI6

So Part 16 is up on AMZN now with the August 25th date. No Early release then, wonder why the episodes are going up on the site nearly 2 months early. They're missing out on a golden opportunity for releasing it on July 7th (Big date in the series).
                                Given that Funi is stepping up with their broadcast dubs that they want to get the episodes online ASAP. And the physical release date is mandated on the Japanese side of things.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
                                Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X