Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Fairy Tail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series & movie)

http://shop.funimation.com/Part-Fift...tion-Exclusive

Holy shit, $100 for the jersey edition? I love Fairy Tail, but I'll pass on that.
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: FUNimation licenses Fairy Tail (TV series &amp; movie)

Well, I tried ordering that deluxe package: in my cart, it said "Out of Stock." Drat.
      My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
      My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
      Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post

Holy shit, $100 for the jersey edition? I love Fairy Tail, but I'll pass on that.
        That's a log higher than I anticipated.

Here is the general release FUNi Shop URL: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=100597
        Originally posted by BlueAlexander93 View Post
        Well, I tried ordering that deluxe package: in my cart, it said "Out of Stock." Drat.
        That was really fast. It wouldn't surprise to see some of these on eBay next year.
        Last edited by WTK; 12-18-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

And it's de-listed and officially sold out.
          This item is no longer available.
          EDIT: Part 15 TRSI URL http://www.rightstuf.com/i/fun01516
          Last edited by WTK; 12-16-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Fairy Tail dub episodes 5 to 72 went back on Hulu yesterday (expires again on May 2nd).

http://www.hulu.com/fairy-tail

Comment

I got so excited when I saw this thread get bumped up hoping FUNi announced the new series lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post
                I got so excited when I saw this thread get bumped up hoping FUNi announced the new series lol
                That's what I was thinking too.

Comment

Sorry sorry, no news here.

Not sure if this has been touched upon elsewhere, but exactly how well does Fairy Tail sell over here in the states? I remember someone saying that it does very well, but some elaboration would be nice.
                  My Anime List
                  YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                  Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Well, if they've kept up with it for this long, I would imagine it's doing pretty well. If it wasn't, it would've ended up like Toriko.
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

It's sold badly in the UK I believe, they cancelled Blu-Rays for it and it's coming out very slowly.

Comment

Sorry sorry, no news here.

Not sure if this has been touched upon elsewhere, but exactly how well does Fairy Tail sell over here in the states? I remember someone saying that it does very well, but some elaboration would be nice.
                        It certainly sold well enough to have them get and dub all of the first series(175 episodes). I bought 3 of the releases for my sister and it seemed to sell out last year at Anime Boston(I've also seen quite a few Fairy Tail cosplayers) so it probably sells well for them(I'd say at least better than what Index and Railgun did for them).

Comment

I'd say it sells as good as One Piece or slightly better. Never got a very popular vibe from One Piece here in the states and I hear a lot more about Fairy Tail dub online and in person too. It may just be me, but I'd say it sells good.

Comment

I like to think that Funi would finally release the 6 OVAs before putting Part 16 which would likely be late this year/early next year since currently Volume 9 of the 2014 series(episode 208 - 211) in Japan has been released. I would like to think the current success of Fairy Tail would make them go for the OVAs.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                              I like to think that Funi would finally release the 6 OVAs before putting Part 16 which would likely be late this year/early next year since currently Volume 9 of the 2014 series(episode 208 - 211) in Japan has been released. I would like to think the current success of Fairy Tail would make them go for the OVAs.
                              That would be nice - if they're available; I was under the impression that some OADs weren't available for licensing, and that others were prohibitively expensive (a part of being packaged with manga, instead of traditional OVAs). I'd be delighted if Funi could get the Fairy Tail OADs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                                Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                                That would be nice - if they're available; I was under the impression that some OADs weren't available for licensing, and that others were prohibitively expensive (a part of being packaged with manga, instead of traditional OVAs). I'd be delighted if Funi could get the Fairy Tail OADs, though.
                                Yeah, as much as I would like them, if it costs too much, then they won't bother with it. Generally speaking, long series just don't come with OVAs or OADs seeing that production costs for long series are already high as is.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                                Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X