Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art-chan
    replied
    I keep hoping for a season 3... Maybe if the game does super amazingly well we can hope...

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    http://4NN.cx/.147156
    Spice & Wolf VR Anime Gets Switch Release This Summer

PS4, Oculus Quest release also slated for summer

Game developer Spicy Tails announced on Monday that the virtual reality anime based on Isuna Hasekura's Spice & Wolf novels will also release for the Nintendo Switch this summer. The release will support the console's Nintendo Labo Toy-Con VR Kit peripheral. The developer also announced that the game's PlayStation 4 and Oculus Quest release is slated for this summer.

The anime will debut on June 3 for Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE, and Oculus Go Edition. The anime will also be viewable on PC without a VR headset, and it will have English subtitles.

Spicy Tails launched Kickstarter and Campfire crowdfunding campaigns in November 25 and December 1 last year, respectively. The Campfire campaign met its 8,000,000 yen (about US$70,700) goal in its first two hours, while the Kickstarter campaign similarly met its US$70,485 goal within two days. The crowdfunding ended on January 12 for a combined total of 72,457,073 yen (about US$668,300).

The television anime's voice actors Ami Koshimizu (Holo) and Jun Fukuyama (Kraft Lawrence) are returning. Hasekura is writing the anime's scenario and the novels' illustrator Jū Ayakura is credited with the character design. Keisuke Sakikibara is providing the 3D modeling and motion, and n-buna is composing the music. Yō Shimizu provided the concept art pictured at right and Masatoshi Sekai designed the logo.

[...]

Source: Famitsu.com

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Great to see this getting funded. The only thing I want more now is a long overdue third season.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    ^ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roduction-proj

1,629 backers pledged 30,978,009yen to help bring this project to life.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    ^ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roduction-proj

$269,614 pledged of $73,857 goal
    1,497 backers
    11 hours to go

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    ^ Launched yesterday and hit initial goal earlier today....

The VR Animation Spice and Wolf VR Production Project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roduction-proj

$78,271 pledged of $70,485 goal
    285 backers
    40 days to go

Q: Can you make the game compatible with (device name)?
    A: We apologize but the game is currently only compatible with the devices under the "Supported Devices" section of the page. We are currently not planning on expanding the supported devices. Compatible devices are OculusRift, OculusGo, OculusQuest, HTC-VIVE, PSVR, and PC(Windows 10 only). WINMR may be compatible, but it is not an officially supported device.

Q: When do my physical rewards ship?
    A: Physical rewards are set to be shipped out in May 2019.

Q: Do you have sample pictures of the physical rewards?
    A: Samples will be updated as they are made ready.

Q: Can I back more than once for more than one reward?
    A: No, you will not be able to back more than once.

Q: Do you plan on doing add-ons?
    A: We do not have plans of allowing add-on rewards at this time.

Q: Do I need to pay any additional import duties, VAT, customs taxes, or local handling fees?
    A: Depending on your country’s customs laws, you may be required to pay a tax before obtaining your package.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    http://4NN.cx/.139049

Spice & Wolf VR Crowdfunding Campaign Launches on November 25

Independent development circle Spicy Tails announced on Wednesday that the Kickstarter and Campfire crowdfunding campaigns for the virtual reality anime based on Isuna Hasekura's Spice & Wolf novels will launch on November 25. The Campfire campaign will be in Japanese and the Kickstarter campaign is intended for fans outside of Japan.

The anime is slated for release on HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift, and other platforms in early 2019. The anime will also be viewable on PC without a VR headset, and it will have English subtitles.

Spicy Tails' Twitter account (link 2) via Siliconera
    https://twitter.com/spicytails/statu...14239155621888
    Notice and apology for delayed crowd funding by kick starter. There was a mistake in applying for the project, launch on November 25 became impossible. It is about to be delayed by about 10 days from one week. Campfire will do as planned, but this is for people living in Japan.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    http://4NN.cx/.139049

Spice & Wolf VR Crowdfunding Campaign Launches on November 25

Independent development circle Spicy Tails announced on Wednesday that the Kickstarter and Campfire crowdfunding campaigns for the virtual reality anime based on Isuna Hasekura's Spice & Wolf novels will launch on November 25. The Campfire campaign will be in Japanese and the Kickstarter campaign is intended for fans outside of Japan.

The anime is slated for release on HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift, and other platforms in early 2019. The anime will also be viewable on PC without a VR headset, and it will have English subtitles.

Spicy Tails' Twitter account (link 2) via Siliconera

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Re: Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Another re-release...this the series is Anime Classics.

Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Anime Classics) (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 630 minutes - $54.98 - 4/15/14
    http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...s?itemid=84580
    Special Features: “Studying” with Holo, “Stretching” with Holo, Yoitz Style, Textless Songs, Trailers

Leave a comment:

• stfram
    replied

38.99? SOLD. That it's a combo pack is an added bonus.

Leave a comment:

• lpfreak1170
    replied

Wow. $38.99 is definitely cheap enough for me to get this.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

via TRSI
    Contains episodes 1-13 of season one and episodes 00-12 of season two.

Special Features: "Studying" with Holo, "Stretching" with Holo: Yoitz Style, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-10-2012, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mudduck454
    replied

well I have read all of this post, and have come to the conclusion I should wait a little longer before I buy this series,

I have the original season one release, and either I missed it, or nobody has mentioned the fact that the original season 1 release clashes with the new LE edition of season 2

if you want a matching set of DVD cases, you have to rebuy season one in the viridian packaging, just so the two will look like they belong in there together

Leave a comment:

• Otakufan
    replied

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
    [
    What I find most aggravating about inferior reproduction of dialogue, regardless of language, is that voice actors, directors & all involved in that side, put effort toward the end result. To have the technicians screw that up to give a dissatisfying playback, is insulting to those artists and their efforts.
    Well said!

J. A.

Leave a comment:

• PosterAnonymous
    replied

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
    e What I find most aggravating about inferior reproduction of dialogue, regardless of language, is that voice actors, directors & all involved in that side, put effort toward the end result. To have the technicians screw that up to give a dissatisfying playback, is insulting to those artists and their efforts.
    You have a point! I have never though of that... Sad either way.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X