Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Hmm...1 day after the actual release date, TRSI has removed the S2 combo LE listing.

Comment

The regular is still available, might have a chance to sell now since at TRSI the LE wasn't much more...if this is the LE simply being sold out. And oddly, after the $28.99 sale on the regular at Amazon over the past week, it is for the moment more than the LE ($49.99 v. $40.49).
      Watching: Seven Deadly Sins (stream), Blood Blockade Battlefront (BD), Casshan (BD)
      Reading: Wolfsmund v7, Corpse Princess v5 (digital), Spice and Wolf Novel 16

Comment

Originally posted by StratosBlitz View Post
        The regular is still available, might have a chance to sell now since at TRSI the LE wasn't much more...if this is the LE simply being sold out.
        Well keep in mind, that the LE at Right Stuf included the coin. It's pretty obvious to me why that sold out so quickly.
        Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
        Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

I never got my coin, but I guess it won't matter if I end up having to send it back...please release information on this soon. I guess I'll call rightstuf tomorrow and check up on it.
          Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
          Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Originally posted by StratosBlitz View Post
            I've watched episodes 1-6 twice in English already before moving forward (to revisit details I may have missed, with some subs and switching to jp audio during the replay) so this isn't unwatchable as is. But the faint and flat English dub audio is indeed unfortunate, and annoying enough that I've chosen to acknowledge it in this thread in case Funimation is looking for more input.

And given that I strongly prefer watching (well acted) English dubs, the jp dub being technically more solid here does nothing to assuage my disappointment.
            What I find most aggravating about inferior reproduction of dialogue, regardless of language, is that voice actors, directors & all involved in that side, put effort toward the end result. To have the technicians screw that up to give a dissatisfying playback, is insulting to those artists and their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
              e What I find most aggravating about inferior reproduction of dialogue, regardless of language, is that voice actors, directors & all involved in that side, put effort toward the end result. To have the technicians screw that up to give a dissatisfying playback, is insulting to those artists and their efforts.
              You have a point! I have never though of that... Sad either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
                [
                What I find most aggravating about inferior reproduction of dialogue, regardless of language, is that voice actors, directors & all involved in that side, put effort toward the end result. To have the technicians screw that up to give a dissatisfying playback, is insulting to those artists and their efforts.
                Well said!

J. A.
                Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

well I have read all of this post, and have come to the conclusion I should wait a little longer before I buy this series,

I have the original season one release, and either I missed it, or nobody has mentioned the fact that the original season 1 release clashes with the new LE edition of season 2

if you want a matching set of DVD cases, you have to rebuy season one in the viridian packaging, just so the two will look like they belong in there together

Comment

via TRSI
                    Contains episodes 1-13 of season one and episodes 00-12 of season two.

Special Features: "Studying" with Holo, "Stretching" with Holo: Yoitz Style, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.
                    Last edited by WTK; 07-10-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Wow. $38.99 is definitely cheap enough for me to get this.
                      Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
                      Touch is still the greatest show ever.
                      Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

38.99? SOLD. That it's a combo pack is an added bonus.

Comment

Another re-release...this the series is Anime Classics.

Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Anime Classics) (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 630 minutes - $54.98 - 4/15/14
                          http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...s?itemid=84580
                          Special Features: “Studying” with Holo, “Stretching” with Holo, Yoitz Style, Textless Songs, Trailers

Comment

• http://4NN.cx/.139049

Spice & Wolf VR Crowdfunding Campaign Launches on November 25

Independent development circle Spicy Tails announced on Wednesday that the Kickstarter and Campfire crowdfunding campaigns for the virtual reality anime based on Isuna Hasekura's Spice & Wolf novels will launch on November 25. The Campfire campaign will be in Japanese and the Kickstarter campaign is intended for fans outside of Japan.

The anime is slated for release on HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift, and other platforms in early 2019. The anime will also be viewable on PC without a VR headset, and it will have English subtitles.

Spicy Tails' Twitter account (link 2) via Siliconera

Comment

• Originally posted by WTK View Post
                              http://4NN.cx/.139049

Spice & Wolf VR Crowdfunding Campaign Launches on November 25

Independent development circle Spicy Tails announced on Wednesday that the Kickstarter and Campfire crowdfunding campaigns for the virtual reality anime based on Isuna Hasekura's Spice & Wolf novels will launch on November 25. The Campfire campaign will be in Japanese and the Kickstarter campaign is intended for fans outside of Japan.

The anime is slated for release on HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift, and other platforms in early 2019. The anime will also be viewable on PC without a VR headset, and it will have English subtitles.

Spicy Tails' Twitter account (link 2) via Siliconera
                              https://twitter.com/spicytails/statu...14239155621888
                              Notice and apology for delayed crowd funding by kick starter. There was a mistake in applying for the project, launch on November 25 became impossible. It is about to be delayed by about 10 days from one week. Campfire will do as planned, but this is for people living in Japan.

Comment

• ^ Launched yesterday and hit initial goal earlier today....

The VR Animation Spice and Wolf VR Production Project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roduction-proj

$78,271 pledged of $70,485 goal
                                285 backers
                                40 days to go

Q: Can you make the game compatible with (device name)?
                                A: We apologize but the game is currently only compatible with the devices under the "Supported Devices" section of the page. We are currently not planning on expanding the supported devices. Compatible devices are OculusRift, OculusGo, OculusQuest, HTC-VIVE, PSVR, and PC(Windows 10 only). WINMR may be compatible, but it is not an officially supported device.

Q: When do my physical rewards ship?
                                A: Physical rewards are set to be shipped out in May 2019.

Q: Do you have sample pictures of the physical rewards?
                                A: Samples will be updated as they are made ready.

Q: Can I back more than once for more than one reward?
                                A: No, you will not be able to back more than once.

Q: Do you plan on doing add-ons?
                                A: We do not have plans of allowing add-on rewards at this time.

Q: Do I need to pay any additional import duties, VAT, customs taxes, or local handling fees?
                                A: Depending on your country’s customs laws, you may be required to pay a tax before obtaining your package.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X