Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Oh ho, they did include the "exercising" with Holo extras.
    "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
    Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeether View Post
      Holo can exercise with me any day, mmm-hmm!
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Oh! Looks really great!

Comment

Awesome, the specials for season 2 are included. I'm glad Funi is able to release the BDs in R1...saves me a huge chunk of money.

Comment

Things are only getting better with this release. I would love to see that.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
            Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Packaging info that I got from FUNimation:
              Season 1 Blu-ray is in Blu-ray size case
              Season 2 LE Combo will hold Season 1 dvd & season 2 in the box (dvd sized packaging)
              Season 2 Alt combo is also in DVD size packaging

Also, the Season 1 Blu-ray has an o-card, so if people want to put that one inside the box instead of one of the Season 1 DVD releases, it should fit pretty snuggly although it will have a small gap at the top since Blu-ray is not the same height as the Season 2 Combo Pack DVD case.

Comment

No real surprises I guess... Season 1 and Season 2 will not fit until the end... RE Only (S1) VS LE availiable (S2) and BD size case (S1) VS DVD case (S2). I do prefer DVD size cases, too bad we don't have a combo pack for S1 as well.

Comment

So... the premium format does not fit in the premium packaging. Huh.

Well, they have to keep the great ideas a' flowing after that "Artbox with an empty keepcase-width gap" after Rideback, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Kakugo View Post
                    Yup, pretty irritating. As Damius noted, it's too bad we don't have a S1 Combo pack that would actually fit the box properly.

I want to support Funi's premium artboxes as much as possible, but this release precludes that. Perhaps they can do a later complete set using the same artbox with properly sized cases...both DVD-cased combo packs for each season, as that seems to be what the market is demanding now.

Comment

Originally posted by stfram View Post
                      Originally posted by Kakugo View Post
                      Yup, pretty irritating. As Damius noted, it's too bad we don't have a S1 Combo pack that would actually fit the box properly.

I want to support Funi's premium artboxes as much as possible, but this release precludes that. Perhaps they can do a later complete set using the same artbox with properly sized cases...both DVD-cased combo packs for each season, as that seems to be what the market is demanding now.
                      Well, for a series like Spice and Wolf, I can't pass on a artbox even after all this. FUNi are kinda lucky...

Comment

The season 2 LE packaging isn't really a big deal for me because I already own the first season on DVD. But I can see how this might be irritating if you don't own the first season DVDs. (Although, they could have saved themselves a lot of hassle if they just didn't do a DVD/Blu-ray combo set for this series, period.) But anyways, if you don't like the LE packaging you don't have to buy it. You can always wait for the regular edition.

I'm really glad they didn't make a combo pack for the first season. I don't need two DVD sets of the first season.

Comment

Good! I supported the original release of s1 and have s2 on order, so I'd have been disappointed if early adopters weren't able to use the artbox properly. I even said as much in the last Funi survey on this topic.

I'm sure it's annoying for people who will have a little gap, but screwing early adopters is not a great idea either.

~Y

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriko View Post
                            Good! I supported the original release of s1 and have s2 on order, so I'd have been disappointed if early adopters weren't able to use the artbox properly. I even said as much in the last Funi survey on this topic.

I'm sure it's annoying for people who will have a little gap, but screwing early adopters is not a great idea either.

~Y
                            This. It's a small gap in the box vs.

a) Not fitting at all.
                            b) Having to buy replacement packaging so that it will fit.
                            or
                            c) Having to double dip.
                            ♫...I can see the sunlight, looking into your eyes; You're riding next to me, and we both become one...♫

Comment

Have both seasons on DVD already, but happy for you others.

Comment

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
                                Have both seasons on DVD already, but happy for you others.
                                Did you import season two?
                                Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                                Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X