Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Nice to see season 2 finally get a release date. That's a sure buy for me...

Comment

Season 2 definite for me. Season 1 blu is a maybe (at release) given I may remain content sticking with Funi's first S1 DVD release. More likely in the long term though.
      Watching: Seven Deadly Sins (stream), Blood Blockade Battlefront (BD), Casshan (BD)
      Reading: Wolfsmund v7, Corpse Princess v5 (digital), Spice and Wolf Novel 16

Comment

Originally posted by Draneor View Post
        Hmm. Has FUNimation if they also licensed S&WII specials (Training with Horo, etc). I was just curious if this was one of those situations where we'll find out after it's released. Or maybe we need to wait for the solicitation with specifications.
        It's certainly possible. However nothing is for certain until the release specs/extras get revealed.

Facebook link
        The DVD extras from Japan took longer to get from the productions houses in Japan. I think it will be well worth the wait. Sorry for the delay but we didn't want to release S2 without these extras {Lance}

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          It's certainly possible. However nothing is for certain until the release specs/extras get revealed.

Facebook link
          More extras always worth the wait! Anyone have an idea what they could be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
            More extras always worth the wait! Anyone have an idea what they could be?
            Umm...the best extra would the ones that Draneor mentioned (of which was quoted on my last post).

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              Umm...the best extra would the ones that Draneor mentioned (of which was quoted on my last post).
              Arg....I missed that. Yeah, it sure would be great.

Comment

Hmm, interesting. I'll get S2 definitely; probably pass on S1, since I've got that twice over already (R2 DVD & R1 DVD). (I have the R2 BluRay for S2, but that's a show where the vocabulary level is really stretching my Japanese, so I want to rewatch with subtitles; I would be just fine if they had a DVD-only S2, but whatever...)

--John N.

Comment

Amazon.com (listed on the first post) has listed the regular version with MSRP of $64.98.

Comment

Well FUNi, I said I would dip twice if S1 came out on Bluray. Now August is looking like a heavy month for me.

Comment

I've already got season 1 on DVD but I'll double dip on that on BD and also pick up season 2 as well.
                      Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                      Currently Watching: UN-GO
                      [Collection March '12]

Comment

Am I right in thinking that the first season is an upscale?

Comment

Originally posted by consignia View Post
                          Am I right in thinking that the first season is an upscale?
                          LINK: Spice and Wolf (series 1 only, 1080p) is said to be upconverted from 720i.

Comment

So, anybody have any ideas as to what's included in the LE?

Comment

Originally posted by thedigitalsin View Post
                              So, anybody have any ideas as to what's included in the LE?
                              If it's like Baka and Test or Dance in the Vampire Bund, it would just be the sturdy chipboard box. However until more info comes out, it's just speculation.

Comment

Season 1:
                                Contains episodes 1-13.

Special Features: Textless Songs, Trailers.
                                Season 2 :
                                Contains episodes 00-12.

Special Features: "Studying" with Holo, "Stretching" with Holo: Yoitz Style, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X