Widgets Magazine

Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Widgets Magazine
    Last edited by WTK; 06-23-2011, 04:14 PM.

Re: Spice and Wolf (Seasons 1 & 2)

Ooooo, on Blu-Ray. Season 2 is a definite; I have season 1 on DVD but will probably rebuy.
    David
    Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and happy endings for all! | Avatar: Urara of Seraphim Call | My other addiction

Comment

Yessssssssssssssss. Sold, and sold!
      Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

So, this is getting the BD treatment, and season 2 will be a combo set. I will definitely be picking up S2, and I may consider upgrading on S1. I'd be happier with a complete S1-2 BD set, but that might not happen for a long while.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

The title almost maked it sound like seasons 1 and 2 would be released as a single set, and I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

Glad to see a release date for SAW 2, and on Blu-ray, and I know others will be happy about a BD version of season 1, but I'm sure people will still find something to complain about when it's released.
          My animé & figure collections
          Hummingbird
          || Tweeterings
          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

WOOHOOO!!! I will be both! Well, I should have wait before buying season 1 on DVD...but anyway. We will have it on Blu-ray!

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
              The title almost maked it sound like seasons 1 and 2 would be released as a single set, and I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

Glad to see a release date for SAW 2, and on Blu-ray, and I know others will be happy about a BD version of season 1, but I'm sure people will still find something to complain about when it's released.
              Complaints for season 2 will have to do with the fact that it's a combo pack, and either that the packaging is weird (kind of true) or they're being forced to subsidize DVDs they won't use (not true; the price point wouldn't change). (Eventual) complaints for season 1 will have to do with the fact that it won't look that hot on Blu-ray anyway (true), whether FUNimation uses the Japanese materials or they upscale it themselves, as well as some folks talking about how it looks just fine and they don't care about what's wrong with it.

There! Saved everyone the trouble.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                There! Saved everyone the trouble.
                Awesome! Now people can buy it or not, and no one has to repeat the same arguments (unless we got lossy audio)!
                My animé & figure collections
                Hummingbird
                || Tweeterings
                XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Is it just coming out on BD/DVD combo then, or is there a DVD only version? I'm not keen on paying the extra for something I might not be able to use (the BD).

...not that I'm really Funimation's concern, given that I'm not part of their region. (Interestingly though their rights to S&W do seem to cover the UK if Youtube is right)
                  Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                  Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fudce View Post
                    Is it just coming out on BD/DVD combo then, or is there a DVD only version? I'm not keen on paying the extra for something I might not be able to use (the BD).
                    From what RACS has listed. S1 BD has one release. S2 has a BD/DVD combo release (no DVD only release).

Comment

I... think I'll wait for reviews. If either set meets my specifications, then I'll purchase them. And yes, I'm not too keen on combo packs.
                      Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

Just thought of something, it's sad to have the LE for season 2 but not for season 1...

Comment

Awesome. Both of them are buys for me. Buying season 2 saves my a good chunk of money from importing that I can now allocate to something else.

Comment

Hmm. Has FUNimation if they also licensed S&WII specials (Training with Horo, etc). I was just curious if this was one of those situations where we'll find out after it's released. Or maybe we need to wait for the solicitation with specifications.
                            Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

I just knew Spice and Wolf would get a Blu-ray release. I didn't buy the dvd before when it was first releast, I am so glad I put it off I was buying a lot of other titles. Untill now I didn't think I was going to buy anything during this RightStuf Funi sale.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X