Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] ANNCast - FUNimation's Charlene Ingram

Widgets Magazine
    ANNCast with FUNimation brand manager, Charlene Ingram: LINK.
    • First two BD/DVD combo doing well...upcoming survey by Lance
    • Darker than BLACK (S2) and Spice & Wolf II - later this year / in production
    • Hetalia World Series / Movie - one of them released this year (possibly fall)
    Last edited by WTK; 05-12-2011, 08:37 PM.

Re: ANNCast - FUNimation's Charlene Ingram

Man, that answer regarding licensing vintage anime was so stock, vague, "business-like", and such a non-answer that it made me sick. She even wondered how Lance would have answered it? Easy, he would have simply that that their age would make them tougher to sell well enough with dubs, so those titles wouldn't be as likely as potential licenses for FUNimation. I can tell that if she was fielded the question about Big Windup! Season 2 instead of Lance when Zac asked it that other ANNCast episode she wouldn't give the simple and definitive answer of "No" that Lance gave.

And the whole talk about what seperates Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. was interesting, even though it absolutely did nothing to dispel the general thought process of "Titles That Do Well = Anime Classics/Titles That Bomb = S.A.V.E." Her example of Excel Saga being given the classics label because FUNi wanted to license it also had the potentially unwanted side-effect of giving the idea that most, if not all, of those Sojitz titles were given the S.A.V.E. label simply because FUNi didn't really want them... Even though that's probably the case.

But a good episode, nonetheless.
    Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
    Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
      Man, that answer regarding licensing vintage anime was so stock, vague, "business-like", and such a non-answer that it made me sick.
      Regardless what she said was true. I'd rather get a business like true answer than getting ones hopes up needlessly.

Honest goes a long way in our industry, but it can also get you slaughtered.
      Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
      Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fudce View Post
        Regardless what she said was true. I'd rather get a business like true answer than getting ones hopes up needlessly.

Honest goes a long way in our industry, but it can also get you slaughtered.
        Honestly, I would have preferred something like "I can't really go into the details about that", since it would have also explained that it's not exactly an easy question to answer at times.
        Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
        Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Good episode. I love how enthusiastic Char is about everything and it's great to know she'll be handling Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, since I remember her posting stuff about it on Facebook long before FUNimation announced it. Any word we get about the production team most likely sticking as close to the original for that is great news to me, and I hope that proves completely true. And of course, great to hear that Darker than Black 2 will be released this year (hopefully the delays are mostly over and that actually happens).
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X