Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Aria the Scarlet Ammo (original series & AA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Aria the Scarlet Ammo (original series & AA)

Widgets Magazine
    17:52:12 <bay|AX|FUNi> another show that we simulcast in the past but we intend to bring out with all rights
    17:52:15 <bay|AX|FUNi> aria the scarlet ammo

Flower Mound, TX –JUNE 30, 2012- FUNimation Entertainment announced today at Anime Expo they have acquired the broadcast, home entertainment, streaming, and mobile rights to the complete anime series, Aria the Scarlet Ammo. The series is directed by Takashi Watanabe, best known for directing Ikki Tousen, Shakugan no Shana, and Slayers Revolution.

Series synopsis:
    Kinji is a junior at a high school for mercenaries. He just wants to be normal, but his secret condition—he turns into an ace killer when he’s turned on by the female form—triggers a fiery transfer student’s unrelenting desire to make him her partner. Additional information may be found at: http://www.funimation.com/aria-the-scarlet-ammo
    Last edited by WTK; 06-30-2012, 09:05 PM.

Re: Aria the Scarlet Ammo

For me, it was not good enough to buy it. I'll pass on this one.

Comment

On the fence about this one. I don't think I'll be sure whether or not I'll be getting it until right up to the release date.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Couldn't even get through five minutes, but with Shana coming out soon, I'm not really surprised FUNi picked up additional rights.
        My animé & figure collections
        Hummingbird
        || Tweeterings
        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

That's some surprising news. I can only imagine it did well enough streaming or the price became cheap enough to pick up the rest of the rights to the show.

Comment

I'm surprised that they actually went for it as well. I guess the streaming numbers were just barely enough to tip them over on it. While I enjoyed the show, it wasn't something that I thought was amazing, or expecting to see it released, but it's good for those who wanted it. I will probably end up buying it, but it most likely will not be a pre-order.
            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

The series felt average to me. I may pass on this. As to the additional rights, I'm not surprised. I think this was one of those announcements they kept for a little while.

Comment

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes finally I have been hoping for funi to announce they were going to get the additional rights. I was starting to lose hope that they would. Instant preorder when they announce the release date.
                otakualchemist
                House Elf
                Last edited by otakualchemist; 06-30-2012, 10:02 PM.
                Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

Well give i think this could be some checking give still waiting for season 2 of this series. Give bit still confuse whole main girl's mom long jail sentence still make no sense and other reasons. Overall if do well maybe it will happen season 2 in someday time.
                  LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
                  ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
                  WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
                  MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Comment

Would love to get this if it's blu ray

Comment

I had thought this wasn't going to get picked up seeing how it had been so long, quite a surprise.
                      "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                      Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                      Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeether View Post
                        I had thought this wasn't going to get picked up seeing how it had been so long, quite a surprise.
                        Yeah, I'd honestly thought that they'd decided to pass on it; it's a surprise to me that they got it after all.

Comment

Looking forward to getting this!

Comment

I watched this show, and I had that "more of the same" feeling when watching it. This is a show where Funi needs to have a strong dub for, one where Aria speaks with a British accent and Riko with a French accent.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
                            Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
                            Simulcasts: TBD
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I no longer have to import to own this, yes!!

Just when all hope was lost...
                              Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X